Wanting to get into Rezzers thought?

RevYolution

I have really wanted to get into the Rezzers faction for a while and was thinking about getting the box sets of the three males. (Seamus, Nicodem, and McMorning). I was wondering if there is anything else I should pick up to make competitive lists for all situations. I was thinking of just getting Molly and a Rouge Necro. Thanks in advance guys.

You can start all three book 1 masters for less than $200.

Nico Box + Seamus Box + Dead Rider + Grave Spirit + McMourning + Von Schill + Zombie Chihuahua + Canine Remains + Mindless Zombies + Rogue Necromancy + 2 Flesh Constructs is an excellenct start. You'll be weak on objective-grabbing. Night Terrors, Necropunks, and/or The Drowned fix that (they are all good at slightly different things and with slightly different masters). Switch out a Flesh Construct as desired. When you want to use Seamus more than get Avatar Seamus.

Edited by SoulG

Nurses aren't great, and you'll probably ever only need one. Furthermore, I find Nurses are only really good with disposable minions (which are lacking in the starter). Also, while I like Sebastian, the general consensus is that he's only okay. McMourning also runs best with something disposable to get parts from, even if only from their remains.

Over-all, I think that if the boxed set swapped a Nurse for two Canine Remains, it would have been fine, but it certainly doesn't play well straight out of the box.

So, it's up to you: Sebastian is fine but not great, and the nurses are decent at best, so it depends on how much you like the models, fluffy lists, etc.

Also I have been looking at the Punk Zombies what are they really good for? Not playing them or seen them played I guess I just cannot see it.

For me ( i am pretty new ! ) punk zombies are great with nic because with bolster undead they get a CB of 9.... that right NINE ! on paired weapons.. with a trigger for rot and flurry and hard to wound and slow to die and a DF of 7 and a 7" charge

They are pretty awesome considering nic can get them for free...Even at 5 stones they are great.

Also I have been looking at the Punk Zombies what are they really good for? Not playing them or seen them played I guess I just cannot see it.

I like to summon them in my Nico crew. In conjunction with a Nurse and Nico's bolster, they can become a ridiculous combat monster. Paired Cb13 with a :+fate to the damage flip, a 9 in charge, reactivate and flurry!

The nurse's boosts will sacrifice the Punk Zombie at the end of the turn, but that usually isn't much of an issue, as the zombie has either devastated the opposing crew, or is too much of a threat to be left alive. In the even that the opponent doesn't kill it, you can always do so to make sure you get the corpse counter back.

Yeah, with or without Nicodem, punk zombies are pretty good. Even if they don't take down the opponent they are fighting, they have slow to die with an attack or pulse spell. I do second the nurse statements, they are cool to have but so so on the table top. If you ever planned to get some nurses, the box set is a good just to get all those models. No sure if it a saving, but most of the box sets seem like a good deal. In malifaux, the more models the better. Welcome to malifaux.

SoulG what you are saying is that the McMourning box is not that good over all and all i really need from it is McMourning. I have Night Terrors for my Marcus crew. Thanks for the advice. What about the vultures for Nicodem?

Don't under estimate them, I find her and sue work amazing well together. He gains Reactivate, and shrugs off the effect during the second activation. Also great with any master that is going to manifest. As they manifest they auto-shrug off any effect. SO basically you can manifest Seamus turn 2. I do agree 2 is overkill, same with Rotten bells. 1 is usually sufficient, and a second for extra summoning on Seamus. I have only see 3 in play once, and that was before Dead Doxy, and dead Doxy is better if you are already in close range with the enemy.

I went with the following when I started, as for getting a starter or buying blister I leave up to you. I picked up some models and traded for the odd one models form other players.

McM + totem (Avatar when released)

Seamus + Avatar

1 Nurse

2 Belles

Mortimer - good for quick start with corpse tokens

Rafkin

Flesh construct

Rogue Necromancy

Sue (if you don't want Nurse, Convicted gunslinger better, but they can't mix so only start with 1)

Canine remains (2 min, 4 better)

Bette noir

Later options

Night terrors (2 enough, amazing for objective taking)

Necropunks (trade for 1, good with nurse (reactivate) to deploy Bette Noir & Killjoy if you want him)

Edited by CannonFodder

So I went ahead and started getting stuff. I started with nico mostly because he seemed the easiest to start with and will be great for demos. I also picked up a flesh construct, the hanged, grave spirit, one blister of mindless zombies, and a dead rider. I plan on adding from there as I learn more on how I like to play the faction and what works well.

One last question how is a flesh construct summoned?