The beginnings of a ress crew

Nickyc

Very nicely done! The extremely vibrant colours give them an interesting air that certainly differentiates them from most Resser crews. It's always fun to see something different and these are technically well-made also.

The only thing that slightly bothers me is the brown on the bases, as now the difference between the green grass and the brown dirt is rather staggering and mildly distracting taking a bit of focus away from the awesome minis. Maybe doing the dirt a bit darker or more muted?

But yeah, keep up the awesome work! :)

Thanks for all the comments, I used the colour scheme for graveyard bases from the original set but it shows up alot lighter in the photo's than in the flesh. Have now received my next additions to my crew so will post some photo's when there done.

All the best

Nick

Small update, I have just finished 2 canine remains but this time based them on a homemade more undead looking base to add the terror factor ;) Also completed seb just need to base him and then start on my grave spirit, Belles and Dr douglas.

gog1.jpg

dog2.jpg

Nick

• 4 months later...

Finished my next batch of the ress project and also 12 custom corpse counters.Still trying to get the light right in my photo's as it's still a touch on the bright side so the figures are not quite as bright as they seem.Also had a moment of weakness and bought Perdita :blush: So now have 2 Belle's and Dr.Douglas on the paint table, then I might add a few more undead bad boys.

sebgs-1.jpg

s2.jpg

s1.jpg

belle2.jpg

gs1-1.jpg

gbs.jpg

dog2-1.jpg

dog.jpg

b1-1.jpg

Nick

The transitions from flesh to grey on the Grave Spirit and the blood on Sebastian are particularly praiseworthy - nice work!

If I were you I'd get some greenstuff (or suchlike) and use it to blend the Grave Spirit into his base - then you could paint a nice transition from grey flagstones to the grey of the spirit and really tie the two together.

Those are some beautifully painted models you got yourself there. i have only been painting mini's for about a year and get what i would class as a good tabltop quality but seeing your painting is really inspiring me to try and push myself to do better.

As others have said the vibrant colours really make the models stand out and the bases also look very nice, my only downside would be that i think the paved bases you have look a bit dark 9but thats just me). Really well done.