Malifaux Masters: A Tier List

Calmdown

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Virginia group could all chip in a little bit of the cash to cover the travel costs to import the Boogyman Calmdown to attempt to prove that the VA group understands Malifaux the best. You would need to live stream the game you know. *wink*

Well a lot of the US players seem to have a lot of respect for said group, but when people start claiming that Nicodem can beat Chompy with any kind of regularity, I have to wonder ...

Well a lot of the US players seem to have a lot of respect for said group, but when people start claiming that Nicodem can beat Chompy with any kind of regularity, I have to wonder ...

Maybe they are just better at the game then you

Seems fairly accurate to me, but this thread is gold more for the clever come backs than any accurate tier system. Still I've always wondered why you hold Kirai in such high standings Calmdown. I just don't see the same level of shenanigans in Kirai as Dreamer, but I may just lack the play experience.

Seems fairly accurate to me, but this thread is gold more for the clever come backs than any accurate tier system. Still I've always wondered why you hold Kirai in such high standings Calmdown. I just don't see the same level of shenanigans in Kirai as Dreamer, but I may just lack the play experience.

Don't say that! Zephir is actually an incarnation of Ikiryo, and will have his vengeance.

So now you want to play vs my Dreamer, Zephir does too... anymore of your gaming group want to get in on this? :P

Dude, I did say you needed to come out to Gencon....

There is a remote chance I will get to the UK this year, but almost none for the rest of my locals. To be honest, my local group would love to play against all the UK folk. Thats most likely my fault as parts of the NOVA community have already faced many of the other Malifaux groups in the US.

She's my most hated master to play against. I'd rather play vs Chompy or Hamelin than Kirai. Hate her.

This thread has just become ridiculous. As to having the best of the UK vs the best of the US, well, Calmdown's rubbish.

I don't see why the UK has to come to you, why can't you come to the UK? American's on average fly far more the Brits =3

Why does no one want to take up the play my mail method, or just using GameTable to play online? Hell I could set up a table and put up a webcam to stream and just move by request =3 Shuffle two decks, PM Ratty the order of the cards beforehand so I can't bias the cards, play on from there~ Unlike GameTable there'd be no suitable way to premeasure.

This thread has just become ridiculous. As to having the best of the UK vs the best of the US, well, Calmdown's rubbish.

It has become pretty ridiculous. Seems like a few people needed to vent :)

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

I don't see why the UK has to come to you, why can't you come to the UK? American's on average fly far more the Brits =3

Stop embarrassing us with your failure to use punctuation correctly!

Because we have the big convention where all the new released come out.

I think the only fair way to do it is to meet in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. A Mali-cruise.

I've seen you use 'there' instead of 'their' >=[ Though I've seen far more of the American players use loose instead of lose... gosh darn that winds me up. Not as much as to instead of too!

Re: Gencon; it really doesn't change the fact for the majority of people here, that's a vast expenditure and which usually eats into holiday time. I like to go to places that provide a break from my day to day, not stomping the exiled Protestants. Especially with all those better countries to visit, like Bangladesh or Somalia!

I've seen you use 'there' instead of 'their' >=[ Though I've seen far more of the American players use loose instead of lose... gosh darn that winds me up. Not as much as to instead of too!

Re: Gencon; it really doesn't change the fact for the majority of people here, that's a vast expenditure and which usually eats into holiday time. I like to go to places that provide a break from my day to day, not stomping the exiled Protestants. Especially with all those better countries to visit, like Bangladesh or Somalia!

Exiled? naww, we ran! ;3

Why does Gencon have to be slap bang in the middle of summer? Flights are crazy expensive. If it was autumn/winter time there'd be more chance of me attending.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Exiled? naww, we ran! ;3

I think he's getting our colonies confused.

To come up with the most accurate Tier system a computer program would have to be created using an AI to run thousands of simulations, which I think another poster touched upon.

The other solution would be to have a discussion with regards to each Master and how well they can complete each individual strategy and what schemes they would select with the given individual strategy. You would then have to discuss how the given master would compete against another master using the individual strategies and both masters selected schemes.

All of the possible combinations would have to be discussed. The only data we could use is our own playing experience and some common sense. The one factor we would not be able to take into consideration is terrain. There are way too many variables to consider with terrain. The only option would be to use the Terraclips since the modules are the same for everyone. Even using that terrain as a baseline can cause us trouble because there are many ways you can customize a table with the Terraclips.

Then you have to have the same discussions all over again using the shared strategies. Another variable that adds complexity is the crew that is selected with each master.

The only thing I can agree with Calmdowns list is that the Dreamer is at the top. I do not have a lot of experience with Hamelin but I have read extensive threads about him and I concede his power.

With regards to my own playing experience, I have beaten the Dreamer on several occasions with ARamos when the strategy has been favorable to me or at least not as overly favorable to the Dreamer player. I do agree that there are strategies in the book that I would have a very difficult time keeping the dreamer from scoring the full VP. In those matchups I would lose consistently.

The problem with using our own experiences is that the Dreamer players I play against are nice enough to select strategies that I have at least a chance at accomplishing to make the game more competitive. My opponents and I feel it’s a better game experience if there is at least a possibility that I could win, rather than a fait accompli.

It is very disappointing arriving at a tournament of 40 players and more than half are playing Neverborn. I can only hope that in the future there is a compression of the Masters and or Factions so there isn’t such a clear faction or master that is above everyone else. The strategies and schemes need an overhaul as well but these are topics for a different thread.