Thundernuts

Thanks fellas. I'd try to take a group shot when I have a chance. My progeny just learned to walk and all my minis are now at risk!

Cloudfang, what platter do you speak of that I spoke of?

The nose is what sold me on the executioner. I thought it was a dumb model until I looked at his face and particularly his nose. Its a funny little nose and a funny expression on his face.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you RotatingPanda! Any relation to OrbitingPanda, the Panda of time and space? I met him recently on a fishing trip.

So I finished up a few more dingdongs for this crew.

watcher1.JPG

Watcher

watcher4.JPG

Watcher again

watcher5.JPG

leaper2.JPG

Death marshall

desperado1.JPG

Desperate Mercenary

Technically speaking, the desperate merc isnt part of the guild crew, but I got him painted with a Tale of Painters over here

Sorry it took so long, but heres a group shot for you Demonn Agram. This one's for you!

35ss%20crew.JPG

Let me know what you think!

Thanks everyone. Lady J's top is slightly lavender. I mixed lots of white with barely some gw hormagaunt purple to make the colour. She is a girl after all and girly colours accentuate that....as if her assets didnt. haha

Fixed the issues with these two.

austringer3.JPG

executioner2.JPG

executioner3.JPG

The chest hair is all messed up. I dont care though. I repainted it 3 times and now I give up. It is what it is. After all, these are tabletop quality, so I cant spend eternity on this. I have a feeling I still wouldnt get it right given eternity.

More pics can be found here: More PICS

Wow. I really like this one. I also tried to convince a friend to paint his bases for his same crew in those colors, but he wouldn't believe me it looked any good. Now I have proof!

• 6 months later...

Voila! Threadomancy!

Been a long long while since I updated, but here it is. Im back to playing malifaux and that means I am painting up a storm. A storm for me is actually slow because I am a slow painter when painting to a high standard.

Anywho, here is the final death marshall from the starter crew.

dmcoffin1.JPG

Nothing to write home to grandma about. I kinda rushed it getting back into painting good guild.

Next up, we have Misaki. Went bat-guano crazy on her...

misaki1.JPG

misaki2.JPG

To counterspell her flimsy ash bisento haft, I painted it like bamboo which isnt always straight as a turned dowel. Her hair highlights are kinda weak too imho. Whatever. Not too worried about it. Let me know what you think!

Coming up are a brace of witchling stalkers sometime next week.

Thanks all.

True story about highlighting white, but I started with off white, shaded and brough parts of it back to white. Its just a subtle process. I do agree that the ribbon could use another highlight too. Noticed that the other game night.

I highly recommend looking up cherry blossoms tattoos on google. Some great examples to draw "inspiration" from

• 1 month later...

Thanks Bacms. Glad I can help on the inspiration front. Worked up this scrub.

post-8948-13911926420483_thumb.jpg

I kinda rushed his clothes so I'm not too in love with the outcome. I opted for using one of the wyrd base inserts of the wild wild west variety. Overall cool aethetic, but more crap to paint.

I have another one of these ding dongs nearly done. I'll try to wrap it up and get it on here.

post-8948-13911926420145_thumb.jpg

@Viruk, Witchling stalkers are one of my favorite models in this game too! I almost went Sonnia box as my first but I didnt like Sonnia's or Samael's models. I'll try to put the brush down to take some pics of the 2nd stalker. The first one is named Ravenclaw. Next one is Gryffindor. Can you guess what colors he may be?

Yes Haggis!!!! The lure of the guild babes has drawn in another one!!! HAHAHA! Thank you for the kind words.

Linus, is there a place I can see this Cranium rat? Sounds perfect for Hamelin! Seeing as how your a cutter when it comes to Sigil, what are your thoughts for the gaurdian, warden, and peacekeeper? Pentadrone seems to fit all of them but I dont want to have too many of the same. Plus the peacekeeper should be a hulking SOB. Curious what your thoughts are. I've been wanting to make some more modrons, but I lack inspiration.

Oh and a spoiler image of the current paint me candidate of the month:

lucius wip3.JPG

Im just finishing up his nmmmmm which is a frakkin mofo time consumer but all the single ladies like it.