lord chompy bits lists ?

Raven2200

So i've bought me the nightmare lcb

and now i wanted to get the rest for the crew

but what to get. i searched the thread but no real lists or explenations about why or what.

i went to the pull my finger wiki but it really tells me what is nice but how to use it in a list or how to construct one.

I am a starter atm in malifaux but have been reading all the books and am a long time lurker here. i got kirai but her lists seem more straightforward also as you can just summon or change what you need.

i've seen the changes in the lcb rules but how it really impacts him list wise no idea.

so what i would like help with is a competative lcb list and a more casual list. i know it depends a lot on schemes and things but often you see a sort of a core back in lists.

Thanks in advance

Pull My Finger has a list of models that work best with LCB and what they do, etc. But firstly I recommend Daydreams, they are the backbone of a Dreamer/LCB crew and help you carry off plenty of tricks.

Alps are good, but if you want to keep your friends I'd suggest not using them in friendly games, lol.

Stitched Together, Teddies, Coppelius are also good for Dreamer/LCB.

My crew at the moment is usually Dreamer/LCB, 3 Daydreams and 2 Teddies at 25 soulstones. It's not very fancy, but it gets the job done, I also like Stitched Together and have 2 of those on the sidelines.

I also have 2 more Teddies, but I ended up going a little mad and bought them since they were being offered cheap, lol.

With the changes to the rules alps are not that great any more so friends wont hate you for it any more :P

Coppelius is good, as he can hit hard, (high combat, mele expert and high severe dmg) Auto Paralyse trigger = awesome. Trigger for moderate dmg and getting an eye counter, which then gives friendly NB 2 healing flips for a 0 action, or summons an alp, great:D

Stitched together's are great (basically the dreamers box is great if you don't already have LCB/Dreamer:P) A pain to kill, though may kill themselves you never know:P

Night terrors for objectives and sitting about somewhere and being a pain for people to kill:P

The "twins" ill let someone else explain why they are good as i dont do it well:P

And Daydreams are amazing for being able to move, and if you don't need to they have a 12" range gun for a little extra free dmg:P Maybe one day ill use it though:P

There is probably a "best" list for competitive play,(scenario dependant) but i don't think he plays to well for just plain old friendly's as all your options that fit well with the dreamer are fairly powerful can be everywhere and drop everything he has where ever he wants if you use him properly:)

4 night terrors (that enough for a flock?)

Coppelius

Teddy - 30 ss

Stitched / 2 daydreams and an extra stone for 35

Or swap the teddy for both a stitched and 2 daydreams for a different 30 stone list. Both could work and you get 5 or 6 stones for all variants of the list.:) nice and simple.

Personally I like the twins with every Neverborn master.

Lilitu has some of the best board controll available in the faction, and Lelu has some of the highest damage output possible with his triggers. The two also provide a source of healing and a source of automatic wounding for an enemy.

Very few things can survive a pair of Lelu's dropped into melee range with an enemy, and they have black blood for when they are counterattacked.

The twins make me sad because they're useful models, even pretty good looking, but look *totally* out of place with the rest of the Dreamer crew.

Having said that... If you're just looking to start learning Dreamer I'd suggest picking up a blister of day dreams, a blister of stitched, then either coppelius or Teddy (check the wiki to see which you like more). Field everything minus a daydream and you've got a solid 25 pt foundation that can do a bit of everything. After that you can build in whichever direction you like.

(resemblance to the dreamer start box + daydreams is totally on purpose, its a damn solid box)

The twins make me sad because they're useful models, even pretty good looking, but look *totally* out of place with the rest of the Dreamer crew.

Having said that... If you're just looking to start learning Dreamer I'd suggest picking up a blister of day dreams, a blister of stitched, then either coppelius or Teddy (check the wiki to see which you like more). Field everything minus a daydream and you've got a solid 25 pt foundation that can do a bit of everything. After that you can build in whichever direction you like.

(resemblance to the dreamer start box + daydreams is totally on purpose, its a damn solid box)

what if you were to give them fancy hats? kind of have that gentleman monster look like coppelius?

Ok thanks for a great start

Few questions though

I thought Alps are basicly gone after the cuddle? Or are they viable in a different way now a days. and if so how?

Why night terrors and not Insidious madness being nightmares and all

2-3 day dreams? And how much impact is the differences between the two

what if you were to give them fancy hats? kind of have that gentleman monster look like coppelius?

Coppelius' coat and tails do a whole lot to help ground him in the crew. A sort of running theme in the dreamer models (in my opinion anyway) is "normal everyday things re-imagined by a deeply troubled 8-year-old". In that light Chompy and the daydreams are normal imaginary friends. Coppelius is an old hobo. Stitched and Teddy are just toys. Widow weaver is that nice old lady, and Lelu and Lilitu are the neighbors with the crazy bondage habit... They just don't mesh well thematically.

The twins have this overt sensuality to the sculpts that helps tie them in with Pandora and Lilith. They both clearly embody vices they represent to Pandora and the demonic aspects fit well with lilith. But that very same aspect of the sculpt makes them really off-putting in a dreamer line up, what with the obvious whimsy on display in the rest of the nightmare models. Maybe if the models could look more like adults in the "people with power of the dreamers waking life" sense and less adult in the "under 18 not admitted without parent" sense I could get behind them more. I can't see that really happening though without a substantial rewrite of their fluff though. Oh well

Ok thanks for a great start

Few questions though

I thought Alps are basicly gone after the cuddle? Or are they viable in a different way now a days. and if so how?

Why night terrors and not Insidious madness being nightmares and all

2-3 day dreams? And how much impact is the differences between the two

Alps are not gone, Alp BOMBs are gone... Having one or two around can make Coppelius even more awesome; but there's no reason to bring 6 anymore.

Night Terrors are fairly durable for their cost and *fast* when working in groups, so make great objective grabbers. Insidious madness kind of wants to stick nearish your crew where his WP tricks will help the rest of your crew. Different models for different jobs, welcome to Malifaux :D

2 vs. 3 daydreams is more subjective. Against more numerous crews I will bring 3 just because smart dreamer opponents know how important the little guys are so will gun for them. In most games though you can swing 2 if you're careful, it's all opinion.

Coppelius' coat and tails do a whole lot to help ground him in the crew. A sort of running theme in the dreamer models (in my opinion anyway) is "normal everyday things re-imagined by a deeply troubled 8-year-old". In that light Chompy and the daydreams are normal imaginary friends. Coppelius is an old hobo. Stitched and Teddy are just toys. Widow weaver is that nice old lady, and Lelu and Lilitu are the neighbors with the crazy bondage habit... They just don't mesh well thematically.

The twins have this overt sensuality to the sculpts that helps tie them in with Pandora and Lilith. They both clearly embody vices they represent to Pandora and the demonic aspects fit well with lilith. But that very same aspect of the sculpt makes them really off-putting in a dreamer line up, what with the obvious whimsy on display in the rest of the nightmare models. Maybe if the models could look more like adults in the "people with power of the dreamers waking life" sense and less adult in the "under 18 not admitted without parent" sense I could get behind them more. I can't see that really happening though without a substantial rewrite of their fluff though. Oh well

Alps are not gone, Alp BOMBs are gone... Having one or two around can make Coppelius even more awesome; but there's no reason to bring 6 anymore.

Night Terrors are fairly durable for their cost and *fast* when working in groups, so make great objective grabbers. Insidious madness kind of wants to stick nearish your crew where his WP tricks will help the rest of your crew. Different models for different jobs, welcome to Malifaux :D

2 vs. 3 daydreams is more subjective. Against more numerous crews I will bring 3 just because smart dreamer opponents know how important the little guys are so will gun for them. In most games though you can swing 2 if you're careful, it's all opinion.

clearly the only solution is to convert lelu's bondage pants into lederhose.

that is all.

From a purely competitive point of view - these are the models that good Dreamer lists are made of, depending on the strats and your opponent:

Lelu

Lilitu

Stitched Together

Night Terrors

Insidious Madness

and these are the ones that bad Dreamer lists are made of:

Teddy

Alps

Coppelius is somewhere in the middle. He's really good, but its hard to justify his inclusion over a twin who costs 2 points less.

In most Dreamer lists you shouldn't run more than 2 Daydreams, but there are edge cases for using a third one and you will infrequently need to summon them too.

From a fluff point of view, Teddy and Coppelius are both awesomesauce. Especially pink Nightmare Teddy <3

Coppelius is somewhere in the middle. He's really good, but its hard to justify his inclusion over a twin who costs 2 points less.

<3

I think it comes down to the question: "Does my opponent's crew consist of living or undead models and how much is auto-paralyze worth in this fight?"

I think it comes down to the question: "Does my opponent's crew consist of living or undead models and how much is auto-paralyze worth in this fight?"

Well, there is no faction against which you can know that your opponent will field those models. Against Arcanists you may fight living or constructs, same with Guild, same with Rezzers (Kirai), same with opposing Neverborn and same with Outcasts (Leveticus). So you must always assume that those abilities won't work, and judge him based on other factors instead.

The question you really need to ask yourself is - is a squishy 9 point model with only Cb 6 and no paired or ability to charge, worth taking for his auto-paralyze ability?

The answer is almost always no, compared to Lelu (or Lilitu in some cases), but no good player should ever discount a good utility weapon in his arsenal completely.