Kirai with Nix

geistwald

Not sure if it's the first thread on this matter, but my search-fu just failed. So...

Kirai is the only non-outcast master who is allowed to use Nix , granted she also buys Hamelin. The combination seems to be mighty expensive and un-effective for the price, but the possibility can't be accidental. Okay you gain five significant seishin (nihilism) or extra actions when Kirai casts any summoning (gorge on pain), and you get access to nice de-buffing abilities. Still, I'm not sure if it's worth trying.

Did anyone use Kirai with Nix? (Or with the Stolen, for that matter.) If you did, how did you manage to make it work? Thanks for sharing your ideas or experience!

Sure, the Stolen isn't spirit anymore... my mistake.

As for the price of hamelin+nix, they seem to allow the absolute necessities. 4-5 seishin and the lost love cost 10-12 ss, so you can pay 17 for h+n if you play from 30/35 ss. But you're right, there are more trusted ways to spend those stones, I just wonder if anyone ever tried this idea on table :)

My problem with it is that when you look at Nix, he doesn't really synergize all that well.

Gorge on Pain: Potential for activating with Kirai, but what will you do with it? (see later)

Nihilism: Obviously good for turning Seishin significant, but Insignificant lost a lot of its drawback in the RM.

Drain Essence: Takes a ton away from Kirai's own factory.

Emptiness: Affects you too, making it very tricky to use well. If Kirai had a lot of ranged support it might work better, but she tends to rely on melee damage.

Herd Dog: Useless.

Unconscious Behavior: Some interesting potential buffing damage with this one.

Dysthemia: Could be very useful for opening up models to things you need to hit, like the Onryo's Wp-resistance-stripping, or a Hanged's Whispers From Beyond.

So there's definitely some good there... But you have to essentially spend 17 stones to get it. Even with Hamelin in the mix for it, I think it gives up too much of Kirai's core potential. She's an enhancement master, to makes her core minions rock - take away those core minions, and her effectiveness drops a lot.

I think you guys are ignoring hamlin too much. The board control he gives could do silly things with the right models on the table. Its not optimal but im definitely up for trying this out.

Just what I thought. And how about casting Black Death 3! times in the middle of a crew completely made of spirits :)

I've never tried a Hamelin & Nix combo with Kirai, But I have done a Hamelin & Ophelia combo. Ophelia spent three turns taking everything in my opponent's crew down to 1-2 wounds, then Hamelin finished them all off at once with Black Death. My opponent was not a happy bunny...

I've never tried a Hamelin & Nix combo with Kirai, But I have done a Hamelin & Ophelia combo. Ophelia spent three turns taking everything in my opponent's crew down to 1-2 wounds, then Hamelin finished them all off at once with Black Death. My opponent was not a happy bunny...

Uh off topic but, Hamelin cant hire them because of Lure of Emptiness and Ophelia cant hire him into her crews for two reasons,

1. Special Forces Leader (Kin) prevents her from hiring anything other then Gremlins or kin models in scraps (So cant hire Hamelin the minion).
  2. Special Forces Leader (kin) prevents her from joining brawl crews that contain anything other then Gremlins, Kin, Pigs, and Vermin (neither Hamelin fits those requirements).

Zoraida could facilitate as the Master in a Scrap and hire both but that would be a pretty expensive crew build (10 for Hamelin and 8 for Ophelia).

Edited by Omenbringer

Uh off topic but, Hamelin cant hire them because of Lure of Emptiness and Ophelia cant hire him into her crews for two reasons,
  1. Special Forces Leader (Kin) prevents her from hiring anything other then Gremlins or kin models in scraps (So cant hire Hamelin the minion).
  2. Special Forces Leader (kin) prevents her from joining brawl crews that contain anything other then Gremlins, Kin, Pigs, and Vermin (neither Hamelin fits those requirements).

Zoraida could facilitate as the Master in a Scrap and hire both but that would be a pretty expensive crew build (10 for Hamelin and 8 for Ophelia).

Surely any crew that hires Hamelin the Rat Catcher can use

his growing Influence to hire any ht 1 model. Which would include Ophelia.

So thats all masters except Dreamer, Leveticus, Hamelin and Sommer can bring the two of them.

Huh, definately dont think that Growing Influence was intended to allow Hamelin to take a Henchman model like this (especially since everything else about Ophelia implies she is very choosy about who she'll work with or for).

Probably one for the Rules Marshals to weigh in on since this is a "Rules as written" (which would allow it) versus an apparent "Rules as intended" argument. Minion model is probably a better designator for his ability (even though this only applies to Ophelia currently, it could impact future models).