Some more progress..

a couple of undercoated minis' bases (and a base in the background):

infamy14_zpsd602cfba.jpg

the semi painted roof (pic was done with a flash as it's the middle of the night - so the colours are a bit off...)

infamy15_zps391b8a04.jpg

anyway, the idea is to have undercoated everything that is not brick/cobblestone. this I will just paint from the colour of plaster/sculptiboard. brickwork will be white/bleached bone because I painted the plaster when I mixed it in order to have the lighter mortar that connets the bricks... the sculptiboard's (on the floor) basecoat/undercoat will be the colour of sculptiboard itself. next layer will be a badab black wash. onto which I'll paint each brick in it's own colour (well, will have about 10 different colours - similar though) leaving here and there the original colour of sculptiboard...

oh and the brown base I got in Ikea *grin*

it's upload time... been slopping some paint on so Gujozec might be pleased. :)

First I did the messy work of painting (roughly) the wooden bits. I used my new Scalecolour paint set. mostly greys which I then stained using THrakka green wash and waywatcher green glaze...

I then, painted (also rouglhy) a basecoat of various shades to the pavement blocks and cobbled stones. and also added "basecolour" to the brick walls - I just simply washed them with Seraphim Sepia...

Infamy17_zpse3b243c3.jpg

I then applied a generous wash of badab black to the pavement and the cobbled stones. and did the basecolour of the bricks (I used about 9 different colours ranging from Dark Flesh through various reds to Fiery Orange and a couple of bricks I even did grey)

Infamy18_zpse3d8ff36.jpg

Finally I drybrushed all the brick walls with a dark orange and afterwards Fiery orange and in the end Fiery Orange + white mix to tie in all the colours of the bricks into a uniform wall...

Infamy19_zps1ab78d1c.jpg

still needs loads of work but I'm happy with the work I put in today..

thanks guys..

no painting done yesterday... currently I'm experimenting with Tamiya clear red that Normski sent (Thanks mate!!) trying to find that cool blood puddle effect...

and I just redid the cobbles with badab black in the places where it didn't cover right the first time...

going for a walk soon (as the temperatures died down a bit so I plan on using the opportunity for some outdoor activities), and after I come back the cobbles will be ripe for painting :)

want to finish the base today or tomorrow at the latest so I have just the minis and a couple of bits to do over the weekend and next week...

some minor progress on the base...

did some painting. base still needs all the metal parts painted (hope tomorrow :) ) also, the yellowy parts of the building will (hopefully) become beige...

good thing the bases of all the minis are removable and easily put back into place (all except Watson that is, for whom I've had to make the whole first floor of the left hand building detachable by using magnets) which gives me the opportunity to maximize the number of entries

:Powerful_Puppet:

Infamy20_zpsb30cb625.jpg

basicly after painting the aforementioned bits, I'll do heavy washing using greens and browns to get that mouldy wet look. also, I'm toying with the idea to make it all wet as if the rain just stopped. fill the gutters with Still Water, make a few puddles, have the puddle of blood dilute itself into a couple of puddles of water etc.. plus it'll look so cool when lit by an LED...

which brings me to the next part of what I've been doing. checking out what to use for blood. this is my experiment, going from left to right:

1. PVA + Tamiya clear red

2. PVA+superglue+ Tamiya clear red

3. TCR + superglue

4. TCR + Still Water (vallejo)

5. TCR + Still Water + superglue

6. Still Water + TCR + Devlan mud

7. TCR + Devlan Mud mixed and then added Still Water..

infamy23_zps6986dc1e.jpg

this last one looks the best to me and I'm going for it... as it'll give me the best option to make the effect of diluted blood in the water puddle..

moss and static probably not. maybe where the houses meet the cobbles... here and there... I'll be focusing on the water effects - too much things might be a bit cluttering...

I think I'll go with the effect I got as in that rightmost red/brown blob in the last pic. it is actually much more reflective (fully glossy) unlike that pic for some reason :)

good progress today :)

so update time...

first I painted the corner stones (off white/beige colour)

then I painted the metal parts

and then I printed out some words and cut out the letters leaving me with a template for painting it on the walls...

Infamy28_zpsa85e1b73.jpg

after painting on the words (upon watching these pics, the letters need some adjustment still):

Infamy29_zps6370f690.jpg

and finally the last thing I did was the dirt on the road... and the current thing looks like:

Infamy30_zpsbf5770cd.jpg

and the multicoloured bascoat of the cobbles although visible is becoming less and less so...

tomorrow I put washes on... and then it's trying the wet look.. (have a feeling all of the basecoat colours will become invisible and I'll need to accept defeat :1_Exhausted_Puppet:)

but still, I like how it's turning out...

mid-day update:

added the green glazes and washes - and multicoloured stones all but vanished :(

still, I am satisfied...

Infamy27_zps3247cc54.jpg

and another update:

posters and litter added (and a few barrels and crates just for good measure...)

Infamy28_zps06254d0c.jpg

Edited by Demonn Agram
added an additional update