Outskirts of Malifaux - PIC HEAVY

Demonn Agram

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T

today I go shopping for elongated transparent beads...

how hard could that be, right?

I just knew it would bite me in the a$$! Been to three stores and they are all out of those transparent elongated beads. short transparent as many as you like. long in any colour that you like. just not transparent.

*anger*

EDIT:

and here's a pic of my Hanging trees set that just arrived yesterday. I'm going to use it on my board as a terrain piece.

It certainly works nicely as terrain. I've been dragging ass when it comes to terrain building, but all three trees and three deck boxes to represent mausoleums made for a good start in a three player scrap a few weeks ago.

This weekend I started working on a project which is the WAMP (forum - link here) challenge I have against the birthday boy Pete (happy B'day if you're reading this!). I managed to get pretty far with it.

Started doing the basework (HD styrofoam):

NP01001_zpsecf8473d.jpg

added some details made out of clay:

NP01002_zps4f0e286a.jpg

started some accessories out of balsa wood:

NP01004_zpsfea6b556.jpg

finished detailing the balsa wood accessory:

NP01007_zpsb471db0f.jpg

added the texture:

NP01009_zps77a3a971.jpg

NP01011_zps9bba5492.jpg

and finally undercoated it:

NP01013_zps961a6cc5.jpg

yes, I get it here in Bauhaus (it's a German or Austrian store with building material). High density styrofoam is an insulating material used for heat insulation of houses. People put it on the walls in between bricks and facade. It comes in 60x120cm size boards of various thickness (I use 2cm or 3cm thick ones). they aren't expensive.)

Simple! I don't intend to.

I'll have almost 30 of the wee buggers in the brothel. to paint them all - no thanks. it'll be daytime :)

oh, and I know it's crooked and it's not meant to be. on the real stuff it'l be straight. I was hurrying yesterday with making those prototypes to get their pics taken for this "poll" so I didn't take enough care. I promise the real ones will be straight.