hmmm molly

TimeLapse

Hey guys just got the molly box set, read through her cards.

What do you guys think about running molly as the master in games. I am thinking that she has limited use base on the vps in the game, if its about moving fast and interacting with things I think her list would be right on, but what about games with slaughter can she hold her own?

Her box comes with, 22 - 5 ss list so an 18, I have a large nicodem army but no bells so I see me getting that box set next.

What would you run in a molly run list? Or am I better off using her as a support model for nicodem like I was planning when I bought her?

Thanks for any help in this,

Andrew

make sure you get a necrotic machine to magical extension philosophy of uncertainty. only had one game with molly so far, using her box set plus necrotic machine and some belles, went terrible but i can see where i made the fatal mistakes. Personally i really like her character and stats, but she will definitely be tricky to use as a master on her own.

Edited by the_madhatter1

I love Molly. That said she is certainly the least competitive of all the factions henchman. That's just the way it is. Due to the nature of rules system's one of them was going to just not stack up and the resser one came up on the dial this time.

Now that said she definitely can be useful, and it's not like she's worthless, she isn't. I just think you'll find on a competitive level you will find Von Schill, the Outcast Henchman, a better investment of points in almost any resser list.

The biggest problem's Molly encounters is her lack of effective Horror special forces options, and the fact that a number of her abillities fuction only against Living Models. The Gorgon's tear, Revel Philip, and Impossible Knowledge are only useful against living crews, and even then only in specific circumstances.

I got to say, that together with other masters (Seamus, Leveticus and especially Nicodem) I found her (and her totem) extremely useful. Much more than von Schill!

But than as a crew leader i think she is just fun to play but not too competitive, but that's just the way we tend to go these days as it just brings the most fun to all of us :)

also in a molly led crew, ive been heavily ponder necrotic machine vs grave spirit. you pretty much need the extra armor on the rogue necromancy to keep it around ive found. being as big as it is, it just get way too much attention, and theres not much else to beat face using her to lead a crew. +2 armor... or +1CA for the totem... its a hard sell for me personally to choose the necrotic machine

both the necrotic machine and grave spirit hold different purposes, you can maybe keep your rogue necromancy alive longer by hiding it behind crooligan mist. the biggest mistake i made in my game with molly was sending my RN out by himself (I know, Duh!) and he was killed by rasputina who triggered overpower twice and managed to take him out with two action points!

Hmm.. I don't see any issue with starting with the Grave Spirit and then summoning the Necrotic Machine after it dies.

Yeah I agree that's a good idea, is it like the vodoo doll could you make the necrotic machine and just discard the grave spirit onces it has searved its perpose before the grave spirit dies:?

I love my molly sooo much (infact I'm going to be up at our LGS tomorrow til about 5 if you wanna stop by and maybe get in a game with her or something) but I love how well she can wreck Hamlin lists (rats running for the hills because if terrifying is always a good feeling) and crooligans are great for objective grabbing, I just don't know how I like her for slaughter >.>

SSo here the 35ss list I want to play around with

Nicodem

Molly, 9ss

grave spirit, 1ss

Necrotic Machine, 2ss

Canine remains x3, 6ss

Crooligan x2, 8ss

Mortimer, The Gravedigger, 7ss

33ss so with Nicodem's Cache of 3 that leaves me 5ss pool. If im playing slaughter or an none objective based strategy I think I would replace the crooligans with crooked men.

I think nicodem has some good spells for molly to steal, 2 totems are nice as well. I am thinking I could spam Rigor mortis if I wanted to 3 times with nico 1 time with molly. And one time with the grave spirit. The SS are mainly for molly, I hardly ever use them for Nicodem so 5ss for molly and her slow to die heals.

Hmmm I normaly run von schill but I want t make molly my main henchwoman. =P

Hehe I could make mortimer undead, finally I can bolster mortimer!

Edited by TimeLapse

You can always use Molly's Whispered Secret on the RN to gain it's Acid Breath spell. Casting it with Ca7 will guarantee it will be hitting most targets and its a pretty nice 3/3:blast/4:blast damage line. I'd say that makes up for the lack of ranged, even though it can only be cast once a turn (twice with Molly and the RN).

I feel like she has potential as a master. She relies on her limited crew selection to get the job done. Certain strats she will be amazing at, while at others I'd take someone else.