Tactics against Pandora - Valid?

Voldrak

Hey,

Just figured I'd ask if the following tactic would be valid to use against Pandora, or against any masters actually.

Assuming opposing master activated before Rasputina did and possible Snowstorm or Essence of Power and that she is under the effects of bite of winter.

Could you summon 2 ice pillars on either sides of Pandora, 1 inch away from her to respect the restriction and then cast Decembers Curse on one pillar, flipping directly for damage, cheating for severe damage if necessary and effectively get a free 5 dmg blast landing on Pandora? Then do the same with the second pillar?

It sounds like an easy way to drop 10 dmg on Pandora effectively bypassing her need to do a wp to wp check to target her first or even bypass other master's high defensive statistics.

No, you cant bounce December's Curse blasts off a pillar. Rules for breakable terrain specifically state that no blasts are generated. Unfortunately.

Also I gather from your post, you might not know - flips that generate blast Dg do their full damage to the initial target but one level lower (ie, 4) to stuff that the blast hits. Still only 2 severe nukes to kill Pandora, of course.

However, you can nuke something else and have the blast damage Pandora. Your own models are a good choice for this, especially onces with Armour or Bulletproof. Try nuking Von Schill or Snowstorm (channelled since he gives you -ve flips) and cheating for severes and overpower triggers.

If you can get a Wk 4 2ap model with 4 Wd within 2" of Pandora, you deserve to win the game.

Done it a few times with witchling stalkers when playing Sonnia. Since they only cost 4 stones, you can also have a few. A doublewalk of 8" gets you a 10" threat range, which should hopefully be enough unless Pandora is hiding somewhere. But if she does, she's not causing any harm either.

The (flippant) point I was making is that relying on a slow, predictable and avoidable model to be your game winning tactic is not a great idea.

Agree. Pandora movement shennigans starts 12" away. You cam be out of the 10" threat range and be fine. Point is if you can get a WK 4 model that close you probably overextended her. You could still probably get a blast to her from one of your own models but you aren't likely to get shatter too.

It is not uncommon that she is close to her crew so a severe flip might let you reach her with a blast marker if she is not paying attention.

Ice pillars can really mess up her los and slowing her down significantly. If she is sitting back her 3 wk isn't much (and if you can position a pillar right) might not be.enough to get los.

Next you'll be saying I shouldn't be able to get my Ice Golem destroying evidence in my opponents deployment zone on turn 3...

Its fairly easy to do if thats what you want to do, the trick is timing it well enough to allow you to use it to hit pandora. I don't know that I would commit my turn to achieving it, but it has got its place as an option

did it with 2 ice gamins :D bye bye pandora

yeah, but your opponent was pretty much incompetent, as in really incompetent, all it took was to Pacify instead of Incite and you would have been toast with your master running away like a little girl :P

Only way to play worse then he did would be to allow Pandora to be turned into a Steam Punk Abomination ^^