Summoning Special Forces

Organ Bank

Please bump this thread if you want an answer.

I'm posted a couple questions about special forces rules and their exceptions but they refuse to answer.

You know posting the statement above will not make them move any faster. In fact is will more then likely just cheese the Great Bear off.

I think until an official answer comes up rule on the side of the most restrictive answer. IE You can't summon a 2nd special forces and you can't summon more then 2 unless you have a model that allows you to hire more Special forces.

Is it possible to summon a Rogue Necromancy if I have 2 Crooligans in play? Or will it fail becuase I would go over my speical forces (horror) limit? I know it would be that way for a rare model but I am not sure with SF...

On page 72 of the Rules Manual it says that crews can include two SF models. Page 71 says that the rules following it (including the one just mentioned) applies to hiring.

Page 10 mentions hiring 2 SF models from the same group, and that NO crew can contain models from more than one SF group.

Rare # restricts the number of copies if THAT model that can be in play at one time.

So, rules as written: You can only ever have models from one SF group. You MAY summon to have more than 2 from one group. You may NOT summon models with a Rare # to go beyond that number (Teddies with the Dreamer are a slightly different case, the model's rules break the general rules) Henchmen still lift the restriction of having 2 models, and cannot change having only one SF group.

So, to answer your question: Yes, you can.

It's spelled out nicely. I can see the confusion for a new player.

That's how I would play it, and will until there's a ruling.