Dealing with Stitched Together...

Mawdrigen

Righteo, I've not yet faced these fiends but as it seems to be on the cards soon, I thought I'd come to the Source for information on them.

How are you supposed to get them off the table? I suspect I am reading them wrong but by the looks of it, only things that could sacrifice them could remove them, as they Do Not Die if you do anything else to them.

So then Neverborn people! What tricks have people used against your stiched togethers?

Does no die won't keep them on the board forever (possibly unless they get buried every turn then unburied the next turn) They get sacrificed in the end closing phase if does not die is in effect.

I also like to paralyse them if possible so they don't get the activation after does not die kicks in.

Try and kill them from a distance or, if you must get close to them, try and only use high Wp models to deal with them to try and reduce the damage done by Gamble Your Life.

They used to be invincible. By burying them and bringing them out each turn, but making sure they were buried again before the Close Phase, they would never be able to sacrifice themselves.

This was errata'ed though. After Does Not Die is activated, Stitched Together can no longer be buried, and they will be taken off the board at the end if the turn.

Mike

And yea Mawdrigen, you've read the card wrong they're not nearly as bad as that! You can kill them by any means at all, and yes then Does Not Die will kick in, but then they MUST sacrifice themselves at the end if that turn. They can be safely ignored at that point (apart from the fact they will definitely get one more activation that turn before they go)

Mike

The standard things for dealing with a Stitched together are:

• Paralyze it then kill it. Weather it's already activate or not this turn it denies it the next Activation which can then let you freely kill it.
  • Sacrifice it as Does Not Die only works when it is killed.
  • Gun it down from long range. It's only a 6" effective range and only a 5 Walk with no specific Ap. So it's effective threat is only 11" giving you a fair amount of weapons that can kill it and not get struck back. Though this requires activating before it drops the fog.

Just keep in mind though, Gamble Your Life can damage it and thus kill it. So it can trigger it's own Reactive via Does Not Die. This is why Paralyze is my preferred method for dealing with them as I don't usually find many models that can Sacrifice others reliably.

Keep in mind Collodi can really help out a Stitched to make them a monster. Consider the stitched with Fast can run up to you and help his master with gambler + gamble your life if your within 8 inches. For more nightmarish effect, he can give those little buggers filled with stones and if he is smart +2 willpower for being in his aura.

Thats a gamble your life at a start pool of 8 and a gambler that does the same. If you see that 4 armed man running around, you want to kill it with holy fire, then worry bout the stitched. Unless he himself is filled with stones, then kill him anyway.

[*]Paralyze it then kill it. Weather it's already activate or not this turn it denies it the next Activation which can then let you freely kill it.

This one is a bit redundant since this has no more effect on a stitched than it does on any other model....

Another good way to deal with Stitched is to use things that kill them in the end phase, such as Flesh Constructs free melees.

I get most annoyed when people kill them before they activate, causing them to only get one activation in their death round.

AFAIKR in this instance if they die after activating they still get reactivate - nothing in the rules precludes this. They die, stay on one wound and take their 1st activation -> then die and stay on one wound and get reactivate

This one is a bit redundant since this has no more effect on a stitched than it does on any other model....

Most models don't get to activate after you kill them, hence the power of paralyse against Stitched. A key trait of theirs is being able to squeeze one more activation into the game than anyone else, so it's nice to deny them that.

Mike

AFAIKR in this instance if they die after activating they still get reactivate - nothing in the rules precludes this. They die, stay on one wound and take their 1st activation -> then die and stay on one wound and get reactivate

But doesn't the talent specifically say, "if the model has already activated ..." or something along those lines? I have a vague recollection, but no source material (stuck at work). They either die before activating and still get to activate OR they die after activating and get to reactivate. Most Born players prefer the latter, thus granting the model two activations. I always attempt to kill a Stitched before it activates, for this reason alone.

Most models don't get to activate after you kill them, hence the power of paralyse against Stitched. A key trait of theirs is being able to squeeze one more activation into the game than anyone else, so it's nice to deny them that.

Mike

Exactly. While Paralyze is always effective, it has an even greater effect on a model that relies on gaining Reactivate to double it's Activations in a round. Plus Paralyzing a Stitched and then killing it, or vise versa saves you entirely from their retribution. In short, it is the best solution to them when you don't have a Sacrifice effect readily available.