Resurrectionist Filth List. BE VERY AFRAID!!! Now more rule shark proofed

Matamane

the corpse counter itself is not a mindless zombie, it is immediately discarded, and becomes a mindless zombie. Corpse Counters are Corpse Counters are Corpse Counters, there is no difference of where they are from, the line is redundant, and was likely a vestige from early design.

Actually, I think you'll find that this rule is to stop you placing double zombies should any ability be introduced in future that places MZs. At the moment all of the MZ-creating abilities are summoned and not placed, but who knows in future.

But yes, it does not stop anything here.

MZ dies, drops a corpse counter, avatar of decay summons another MZ, corpse counter discarded, rafkin gains another body part :)

the non mindless zombie corpse counter stands for the ability of the walking dead, but since avatar of decay ignores that rule, i don't now why they say it in that rule

Ratty's looking into this. There's a chance the "non-Mindless Zombie corpse counter" thing might mean "corpse counters that don't otherwise originate from a Mindless Zombie" ... as opposed to the MZ themselves.

That's right. As soon as he manifests with a (2) action he'd be done as he's already used his 0 action and Casting Expert for that turn.

Unfortunatly I was right about this one. I asked here and it got cleared up by Ratty. So no Mass Grave after we use Arise.

http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25055

Im trying to make sure the Non-Mindless Zombie Corpse Counter thing means what we hope it means for the purpose of this list here

http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25056

As I see it now, Matamane was right about how that works. Because if Nicodem ever lost Mark of Decay for any reason he'd have an infinite summoning loop that couldn't be resolved, making the "Non-Mindless Zombie Corpse Counter" clarification neccessary.

Im really excited about messing with this list. I might try it out in the next few days and let everyone know how it goes.

Ratty's looking into this. There's a chance the "non-Mindless Zombie corpse counter" thing might mean "corpse counters that don't otherwise originate from a Mindless Zombie" ... as opposed to the MZ themselves.

Personally thats how I have read it every single time I read it. It might be because I'm not a reagular Nicodem player that I didn't read it as A corpse counter that isn't a mindless zombie, but since the Avatar removes the rule that makes Mindless Zombies corpse counters, that is pointless wording, and the rules doing what they say versus the rules not doing anything I'd go with the first one.

would be weird, since it's already been said that a corpse counter has no idee from where it comes from,

Personally thats how I have read it every single time I read it. It might be because I'm not a reagular Nicodem player that I didn't read it as A corpse counter that isn't a mindless zombie, but since the Avatar removes the rule that makes Mindless Zombies corpse counters, that is pointless wording, and the rules doing what they say versus the rules not doing anything I'd go with the first one.

I took this a different way and that the wording is necessary to avoid the infinite loop. Here's the order of operations as I see it:

1. Model (A) state gets checked (yes it was killed)

2. Regular corpse counter (B) gets placed.

3. Corpse Counter (B) location is checked...yes its within the range of aNicodem, place MZ © and discard corpse counter (B)

3a. While MZ © is being placed, it is still not under effects of Mark of Decay, ergo still has Walking dead and is a corpse counter

3b. Because MZ © is not a non-mindless corpse counter, but is within range, it is unaffected.

4. MZ © location is checked and has Walking Dead removed, no longer counting as a corpse counter.

5. Model (A) is removed from play as killed.

As I understand it, models aren't subject to game effects until they are validly in play, and since coming into play triggers the discard/replace mechanism before the removal of Neutral/Mindless/Walking Dead could take effect as location/state based ability.

On that note, did anyone else notice the extreme lack of models in the Resser list that have any extra AP talents or Abilities on them? You can't count the masters because every master in the game gets something like it, but we have 2 models if I'm not mistaken. Sebastion has Melee Expert, and the Shikome has Nimble, and she can gain fast,... That's it.

Bete Noire can also gain Fast, but does require specific conditions for this (reinforcing your point). I think it's just not a Rezzer thing.

• 3 weeks later...