Why should I keep playing Criid?

BlueJoker

When I need Criid to move fast I give her Lucius. She can be dropped with all her AP intact on turn 1 14" from the deployment zone. Not that its a good idea, you usually dont want her that close, but you can. If you take lucius you need guardsmen and special forces. He can order them around generally making your army a lot faster.

You get a better bang for your buck in most situations by using Lady J with that tactic. Much more potent.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless Ryle lays waste :P.

Yes Sonia is a back field last strike kinda gal. She does best soften up everything, routing, and board control.

No, no. By all means don't bring her to the frontline. It scares me when I see her leading from the front.

I have no way of engaging her and hitting her for a quick kill. She is impossible to hit.

(Mr.B and The Cat are in my circle. From my experience you should listen to them.)

Honestly the more I hear about people getting cranky about certain Masters,I keep finding more and more ways that Criid can shut those Masters down.

It is like that with any Master you play. I trust my Lilith to shut down and take out any Master after I study them and find their weakness.

Sonnia's not weak at all. She just has a wider learning curve than Perdita and Lady J.

But sorry Lenny, Sonnia is not the Top tier Master of the Guild. She's good when used right but she still has her weaknesses.

It is like that with any Master you play. I trust my Lilith to shut down and take out any Master after I study them and find their weakness.

Sonnia's not weak at all. She just has a wider learning curve than Perdita and Lady J.

But sorry Lenny, Sonnia is not the Top tier Master of the Guild. She's good when used right but she still has her weaknesses.

I never said she was the top tier master...I just said she has ways of dealing with the things other guild masters can have difficulties with.

And yes,with her Avatar,Fire Gamin,boy named Sue,Witchling stalkers and a handler,she will cause some hilarity.

I took me half a dozen games with Sonnia to get used to her abilities to start getting the best out of her prior to that I found I kept over extending to get her into range and then she'd end up dying rather cheaply. I still have problems with Samael as he tends to get 1 round of shots then gets gunned down in return.

Yesterday i erased Leveticus from the board with Sonnia. His spells was useless because of the Advanced counterspell so my witchling and DM crew was safe for the entire game. Before i had her i hated Leveticus. But now made a witchling out of him too. I'm in love with lady Criid :)

Edited by Caleb

she has high damage output and counter spell makes her very difficult to kill

mcmourning in particular relies on spells for damage, so he should not be able to touch you.

in a tournament setting, the best choice against guild is mcmourning, because of hoffman. hoffman's immune to influence crew screws over most rezzers but mcmourning doesn't care and can get body parts off robots. the last master he wants to see is sonnia.

she has high damage output and counter spell makes her very difficult to kill

mcmourning in particular relies on spells for damage, so he should not be able to touch you.

in a tournament setting, the best choice against guild is mcmourning, because of hoffman. hoffman's immune to influence crew screws over most rezzers but mcmourning doesn't care and can get body parts off robots. the last master he wants to see is sonnia.

Sonnia is also crazy good against Kirai (all that magical damage makes spirits feel really squishy), who is a very good choice for some strategies for Ressers.

Sonnia is also crazy good against Kirai (all that magical damage makes spirits feel really squishy), who is a very good choice for some strategies for Ressers.

I beg to differ here. Kirai and her crew are so fast that by turn two you'll most likely have an Ikiryo in Sonnia's face, and you'll be using all your actions to eliminate the threat, instead of taking care of other spirits.

I'm sure this has already been said, but...

OMFG.

Edit: Wow. I now realize that through my ridiculous use of capitalization, I must look like a 12 year old. So, for a more mature comment:

Avatar Sonnia is absolutely ridiculous and causes stupid amounts of damage. Her ability to move Pyres is insanely good AND that pulse thingie with the Defense duel is crazy damaging.

If you have a guardian that you can fit in your list alot of the blitz get a model quick into her becomes null and void. Granted with her avatar it might be tricky fitting him into a avatar list.

The only thing kirai has that is tricky for her is the switch with a spirit within 12" then summon a shikome with trigger 12" right in her face. However with a guardian with protect or the armor ability up she can shrug off a shikome at most having to spend a ss to healing flip.

The thing I like most about sonnia is a lot of the supposedly "op" masters that go on in ad nauseum complaint threads she doesn't have as much trouble with (dreamer is the only one that is difficult for her to face). If their is a master tier list I would more than likely rank her at the 1.5 tier bracket.

Sonnia does have a learning curve, as was said before, but she is quickly becoming my favorite master. I started with Lady J and felt that I was missing some of the intricacises the game had. LJ and crew have some synergie, but it is a lot of independent models dealing wicked damage, fun but you don't get that, "oh wow you can do that!?" moment like you do with some others. Sonnia has the strength of all the guild ladies of being able to really select any crew to work with. I rarely start with Stalkers because I can always make them later on. Want fast movement, Sonnia, Luc, a couple hounds and a model or two of your choice. Hounds can get into position, with lucious and some orders you can roll them 24 inches across the board, pop sonnia up 14 and now your center board turn one, and can still activate sonnia to release some flaming death. I've posted it on another topic before, but Sue + gamin with avatar in mind will make for a wicked wicked fire token disperal team.

I disagree that sonnia is a caster only match up; it is where she shines best of course. her inferno can put a serious hickup in melee based crews, her flame pillars for ranged (not to mention guild gun line is already intemidating to square off against). She can summon models, albiet not as easily as rezzers, but I'd take a witchling over a punk zombie, bell or rat pack any day ;).

I think its sad Calmdown felt he had to sell his guild, but not every style works for people. I actually agree with calmdown on some level that Guild is underpower atm, but that being said, its no different then Warhammer's flavor of the month (newest codex ownage). With book 3 we will hopefully see a shift in power, or even idealisticly a balance. There will always be some sick combo out there tearing up face, but when it comes to the guilds turn the wait will be worth it :).