My Malifaux Log:

Lordgimpet

• 3 weeks later...

Well time for some WIP work... My local henchman is having an event each month that encourages people to paint and play their crews. So I decided to expand my neverborn by painting more of them.

Anyhoo the pics

P1010039.JPG

A Candy, sorry for the blurry pic I lack a steady hand and a tripod

P1010043.JPGP1010044.JPG

Teddy I still cant make my mind up on the chest, Will probably go with the tartan pattern. I am trying to avoid doing the whole carebare thing as it seems done to death and alot of them badly. I may go back and darken the shadows, although in my hand they look dark enough they dont seem to show up in the photo.

P1010045.JPGP1010046.JPG

Avatar Lillith, TBH this model initially was a disapointment to me at first but as I started painting it my thoughts changed she has sorta grown on me.

Just wish I didnt drop her 3 times so far while painting ><. The last time I dropped it it broke at the join at the base of the trunk messing up the greenstuff to boot. rather than strip it back and redo I'm going to see if I can hide it with extra details

P1010047.JPG

The night terrors. Only one pic as the other one was far worse than the candy pic but you get the idea.

with these guys im going to make them look like the big tropical fruitbats, something different from a standard all grey or brown bat.

I also finished a stiched and primordial magic for the event, i'll save a pic for them once all finished.

Thanks again for encouragement guys

WOW Jack!! you I was not expecting to track me down here. When am I goingto see your work on these forums?

Teehee, I am drawn to this game in a big way! I recognised your Lilith and crewon the first page and thought I'd sign up to say g'day and sort a game.

I will post something when I have painted a full crew up, still in the assembly process.

Keep up the great work dude.

That ALillith looks amazing! What is your recipe on that tree?

Thanks, the tree started as a black base with a white "zenith" dust coat from one direction to simulate a light source.

From there I started with a Black green mix as a base colour then shaded with devlin mud and black wash for deeper shadows.

Then it was a case of repeated layers of the green/black with more bone added each pass concentrating on the lighlighted areas

building up to an almost pure bone.

Some parts I went back over with devlan mud where I felt I took out too much shadow.

What I am thinking of doing is adding some patches of blue and red glaze diluted, to just change the colour slightly in areas making more natural and interesting.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey gang,

Just an update of my neverborn progress but first a little tip that will be hopefully useful for some.

With the move to plastic figs, new problems arise for me that I never really had with metal as much. In this case unsigtly joins, While there are many a solution such as green stuff etc, I find myself reverting to tricks I learned back in the day when I was churning out Gundam kits and model aircraft.

Firstly though I dont recomend trying this with plastic kits from GW as thier kits are polystyrene based and can ruin a kit. Fortunately the Wyrd kits are made from sterner stuff the same plastic found in traditional model kits.

Preperation: you clean your bits as per normal removing mould lines etc, also if you dont do already, any mounting/alighment pegs should be drilled out slightly so the parts have a loose fit, sometimes annoying as the wyrd stuff has alote of square pegs and holes.

Then test fit the parts and look for any contact points that can be sanded/filed back to minimise an unsightly gap. Once happy glue and assemble as normal.

During assembly what you could do is put what you think is a little to much glue and let it ooze slightly out the join which is ok but for best results constant pressure has to be maintained and I lack the patience for that :P.

The fun part: for this to work best you need an old fine "CLEAN" brush or what I used is the glue that comes with the fine metal needle aplicator, run a fine bead of glue along the join. Important that you leave it to completely dry at this stage, if you touch it while the plastic is still soft you will affect any detail.

Here is a pic of me doing it to Huggy sadly I didnt take any of the steps before.

P1010104.JPG

Thie light grey in the middle is where I applied the glue and is dry at this stage, Its a little wider than I would like but its fine as it is.

Once it is dry simply file or sand to desired finish, Like I have started to do on the back.

P1010101.JPG the parts are welded and there is no join.

I hope this is useful for some as I am just passing on what works for me :)

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

oh also I have been painting, franticly infact as there is about 6 days to an event and i need to get stuff done lol. I love painting under pressure it seems.

so here is come WiP of Zoraida and Slurids.

C & C welcome

Zoraida:

P1010097.JPG

Slurids:

P1010098.JPG

Looking good, I stil have to finish off my Wardens in time for Saturday (if I am needed to play due to uneven numbers that is)

I spent a bit of time over the weekend putting together my 10T instead of painting when I should have

What else in on your table in preparation?

Hmm what else is on the prep table. um well there is my Collodi crew and you have seen my wicked dolls at least, just need to take pics and post but for this saturday, I want to try and get Zoraida, Collodi, done then for a bonus another Lilitu, insidious madness and work out where in the hell I put my daydreams. If I reach that goal in time I will start on Graves and Tannen.

I also got all my 10T on last fiday and some nice asian bases but will want to finish my neverborn before I start another faction.

OK I thought I would pop this up before heading to bed as I have been franticly painting and finishing off my display board for tomorrows tournie. as much as i did manage to paint in such a short amount of time there was a fewthings I needed but could not get done such as my effigies another lilitu plus Mr Graves and Tannen. oh well hope I havent fatigued myself come the first game. anyow some pics of what I am taking on the completed displayboard.

P1010109.JPG

The board is laser cut and etched acrylic. you may also notice some rings on the sides. they are places for the rest of my neverborn models once completed I just poped the cut out back in place to make it look all neat.

P1010108.JPG

This is what I am taking turns out also that I may be the only Neverborn player at the event which surprised me actually.

P1010111.JPG

A closeup of the masters I have as you can see finished Zoraida and will put completed pics up of her after the event. You may notice I have both Lilith figs there the old one is keepin Jacob's spot warm and I have a soft spot for her. Lilith was the master that got me into the game and still my favorite neverborn master.

With my Neverborn almost done I need to start thinking what faction to work on next....