My Malifaux Log:

Lordgimpet

Hi There Long time lurker first time poster here. finally decided to have a crack a crew and thought I would shhow some of my progress thus far.

As I tend to build crews on what I find visuallly appealing or a theme as opposed to wining. but anyway here is how my first crew is coming along.

P1010194.JPG

P1010198.JPG

P1010199.JPG

P1010203.JPG

P1010207.JPG

P1010208.JPG

This is a little display thingo I made for when I store in a cabinet, the two holes are for whats to come...

P1010210.JPG

and what im working on at the moment

P1010216.JPG

• Like 1

thanks for the comments thus far. Originally when I painted lilith first she was a darker grungy look to her, untill i dulcoated her and the colours just POPed. So I ended up giving the crew a more Anime look to them.

Nekima was a tough nut to crack as she is bery spindly and several parts like her sword and support leg were bent severly out of the box.

eventually after trawling the web for inspiration I found a pic of a succubus named Morrigan, a character from a videogame. I used her colour pallette on Nekima and she fit right in.

Thanks again :)

@Tiny, For this I used GW line of paints some of the colours are old discontinued colours but new colours a are a good substitute.

wings: Worm purple for base, Tentacle Pink, final highlights.

wings pt 2: Chardon Granite for base and final highlight after wash of Badab black.

Sword: Deneb Stone base, Devlan Mud wash, Skull White Highlight.

Sword Blade: Hawk Turquoise base blending up to Skull white, Asureman blue was applied just before final highlight in recesses and shadow areas if needed.

Hope this helps.

thanks again,

@ Xander, The base is made from a special signage materal. But it is basically 3mm clear perspex/acrylic. painted black on the bottom then I used my laser to reverse engrave the graphics and cut out.

Trophy/award stores should have the material as it is used for making plaques etc. It often comes with a nice marble look which I have some in red, blue and green. These I will used in my future Guild , Arcainist and Ressers crews

Hi again with more progress,

This time in the form of Pandora, well the alternate figure.

P1010230.JPG

I also have been planing on making some terrain. Originally I was going with the plan to grape some teraclips. However with the amount of assembly and disassembly I would have to undertake at a regular basis, I decided against it.

After browsing some other threads here I found some are using the WWG terrain, I already have some Dave Graffam pdfs from other games and with my knack of photo shop I decided to combine the 2 different products.

this is my prototype. for future slums/quarantine zone.

P1010226.JPG

P1010225.JPG

and with Lilith for scale.

P1010228.JPG

I mounted the prints on 3mm black Foamcore.

the ground floor walls were changed by me to the be the same as the ones from the WWG streets of Himmel so It would fit with the board. I also eventually plan to do a sewer board as well as undamaged buildings.

back to it I guess :)

It's been another week and another completed mini,

This time it is a Desperate Merc, for my Vikky crew but can be used with my *Cough Cough, Neverborn Nekima builds :P

P1010234.JPG

P1010236.JPG

This was also my first attempt at detailed clothing patterns. I tried to go for a flannelet top.

It also is a first crack at weathering powders.

I applied a small amount to the lower part of her legs, this surprised me at how much a difference a small touch made to the finished piece.

These are some WIP witching stalkers I have been working on. The were done before Twisting fates so i know they don't fit the recent fluff for them but I think they will look cool when I am finished with them

P1010244.JPG

Insppired by Sholto's thread and a few others, I am having a crack at some of that WWG terrain..

What I have done is taken my two floor plans from the Streets of Himmel and the Sewers.

I have had them printed and also laminated to make them both water resistant.

This will limit my modular options, but I intend to use this as a base. I also feel I will save heaps on the set up and pack up times

as I will not have to assemble and disassemble all the time.

P1010247.JPG

I then sourced some signage material to mount the image to. 3mm MDF or ply wood would be a suitable alternative

but what I used is akin to Foamcore, Instead of card with foam in the middle what I used is paper thin aluminium with a light plastic

in the centre. This will be one light and durable board.

I used photo mount spray to stick the image on the board.

Prior to mounting the image I cut It in two, for easier storage/transportation.

P1010249.JPG

Lastly here is a quick pic with some ruins and a couple of minis. looks good to me so far, This is only just the beginning as now

I can look at adding the elevations and other elements to keep it interesting and not just a

flat board with houses, hills and trees on it

P1010252.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Well I has been a while since I been able to work on my crew, but just returning from my first Malifaux tourney victorious this week end. I Had to do a very last minute painting session to get my crew ready for the event. Fortunately I was a Stitched which kept my palette simple. I was quite impressed how it came out given how rushed it is.

P1010269.JPG

On a side note while at the event, I discovered there was a painted mini contest. and at the spur of the moment I entered my Desperate Mercenary. To my surprise I won third place. Take into account the winner was a Golden Demon winner, I am rather stoked :D