Toy box release date

Gollum528

I actually spoke with Romeo, the owner of Battlefoam, about this at Wargames Con (Weekend of July 7th), and he was SHOCKED that I knew about it back then. He had just received an email the other day from Nathan approving the "Toy Box" bag.

I had heard Eric J talking about it on the Malifaux podcast earlier that week.

According to Romeo, it will hold about about 2 crews(what that means in slots I believe he said around 20), cards and counters, and size wise, lunch box size, but not that thick. If I recall correctly I think he said retail price was going to be around $35 to $40.

Now this is was back then, six weeks ago, the design could have changed since then.

Please keep in mind I am trying to recall a conversation from six weeks ago. But I also remember myself standing there muscle bound with Fabio Style Hair, long and flowing. (I am actually bald), and Bar Refaeli hanging on my elbow.(I am Jewish.)

Does anyone know what the approximate price point would be? I'm not looking for a discrete number, but ranges would be nice. Preferably not "Somewhere between free and expensive?" (I'm looking at you hubby...)

I'd expect $40-$50 if it will be significantly larger than their previous version, without being nearly as large as the Malifaux bag is.

Our juryrigged 3" pluck foam solution for the other Malifaux figs juuuuuuust may drown all those adorable puppets in foam, and I wouldn't want that.

I got 2 of the Aquilla 4 cases by KR Multicase at Gen Con this year. If you get the bag with 4x M4H style foam you can hold everything they make for Puppet Wars x 2 in the foam and the rules, board, and puppet decks in the front velcro pocket.

While it doesn't have a nice Malifaux logo it is available now and is more then adequate for the job.

http://www.krmulticase.com/altheaquilla.html

If it doesn't hold at least the base game plus at least one of each of the pawn sets I am definately going to have to walk on this one (even with the Lucious Puppet that is supposed to be included).

I am sure the quality is great and all (the normal Malifaux bag is wonderful, just not really large enough for my 5 demo crews, not to mention my other 8 crews). This is the main reason I haven't purchased one yet.

This is even more true since aside from the board my current Puppet Wars solution is more then adequite for the minis, tokens, and decks (finally found a great use for that old plastic mini case I bought when I first got into gaming).

If it doesn't hold at least the base game plus at least one of each of the pawn sets I am definately going to have to walk on this one (even with the Lucious Puppet that is supposed to be included).

I am sure the quality is great and all (the normal Malifaux bag is wonderful, just not really large enough for my 5 demo crews, not to mention my other 8 crews). This is the main reason I haven't purchased one yet.

This is even more true since aside from the board my current Puppet Wars solution is more then adequite for the minis, tokens, and decks (finally found a great use for that old plastic mini case I bought when I first got into gaming).

I'm sure Battlefoam will do a good job with it, I don't think they will be foolish enough to make it so small it can't carry the complete game.

But I hear ya Omen, it's the same reason I don't and will never have a BF Mal bag, its way to small. Especially once you get out of the battle box stage and start aquiring the larger models and multiple crews.

But the case Backno is point out is awesome for PW. Battlefoam would do well to take that case as inspiration and approve on it, it's nearly perfect if a bit tight when full. But it fits my full set of 1 of everything + board/rules/decks rather nicely and makes it very easy to travel with. Much puppety love for that case.

Edited by karn987

I think ti needs to hold fifty plus puppets. Think of the number of puppets need for a four player game. 20 doesn't even hold enough for a Puppapocalypse (32 puppets) and is barely enough for a Wardrobe. If one person is bringing both armies, the bag has to be either expandable or able to hold a lot of puppets.

Most puppets are button size, but there are a few that would not fit in a button size slot. There are many more where that would be a tight squeeze.

I think it needs to hold closer to 100 puppets. If it only holds 50 it will barely hold the initial starter box with the pawns sets. They need to learn from the mistake they made with the Malifaux bag. It needs to be large enough for future sets or it wont be worth picking up. I'm stuck with a Malifaux bag that holds less than half of my crews AND it is torn and BattleFoam wont do anything to repair it.... even though they advertise lifetime guarantees. The Toybow will have to be pretty impressive for me to consider picking one up.

The bag I listed will hold 100 puppets and having played around with the game that seems like a good amount for now. Down the line it might be a little restrictive, but for now I can comfortably double my current collection and still hold it in one bag.

Size wise the KR Multicase bag is the size of a thin laptop bag.

Edited by Backno

• 2 weeks later...
The bag I listed will hold 100 puppets and having played around with the game that seems like a good amount for now. Down the line it might be a little restrictive, but for now I can comfortably double my current collection and still hold it in one bag.

Size wise the KR Multicase bag is the size of a thin laptop bag.

Yep. Picked up one of these at weekend, but went for 1 half tray that will hold stat cards and token so I can only fit in 75 puppets.

I am using a 72 troop tray that i just put in my pack 720 with the rest of my malifaux stuff. Battlefoam even has a 90 skaven tray that would probably fit puppet wars models, I would suggest looking into it though, cause with 90 slots on one tray, they cant be that big.

The best part, is a 72 troop tray is only like 17 bucks, and you do not even need to get a new bag with it.

Since I am the only player in our local play group with the game at the moment, 100 seems okay, but later will someone really need 100 to play? How many of that 100 will never leave the box? I see myself taking what I plan to use and storing the rest. If I took my favorite masters and puppets, the total would not come to 100 unless maybe I took three masters and planned for puppapocalypse for each.

Today, when I go gaming, I almost never take all the figures from one game system that I own. Last time I remember was when I only had one gang in Malifaux.

That seems really kind of small. Granted, I don't have Puppet Wars or even know the rules yet, but 23 seems small from what I've heard here, at least if you are "the guy" with the game. 23 would be enough if you brought 23 of yours and your friend brought 23 of theirs, but I see this game as ending up more like a board game. IE, one or two guys in the group are likely to have the game and everyone pulls from the same pool to play most times.

I have the Malifaux bag and I'm starting to think that the best thing for Malifaux and Puppet Wars is actually probably the P3 Paint bag with some custom foam. Get a pluck tray in the bottom for large Malifaux models and pluck out a nice deep spot for my cards and supplies. Smaller custom tray goes on top for all of my smaller models. Even better, do the new half length trays and you can do a lot of mixing and matching. I wish they did pluck foam trays for the half size because it would make it fairly easy to swap in and out certain trays for whatever faction you are wanting to bring with.

Edited by Alviaran