So it begins ... my first avatar blog .

FoeRender

So since the avatars are starting to creep into the scene , and since mine arrived yesterday , I opened her up and started working on her . Iam doing comissions so this will be a nice project to work a little at the end of the night .

Here she is built and ready for primer I kept the base tame like with the rest of my guild . When the fall leaves I I have my eye on are picked up they will pop . I want a fall dusky look to the bases . Anyway it begins !

2011-08-23011240.jpg

@glshade - gorilla super glue is my glue of choice , it dries fast and holds very well , in over 10 years in the hobby this is my glue of choice , and its cheaper than most good glues .

@ sholto- lol nah , just a wierd camera angle .

Tonight il be hitting her with some primer , and some base coat .

Ok more pics , some of which answer some questions . I like to prime white than wash with black , its dark in the recessed areas for easy shading , but light enough for my high Lighting . This also shows of the details of the model nicely imo .

Here are we go

Where they attach to lady j is not to her hand but to the base of the fire/mist Here it is befor I green stuff the gap .

2011-08-25000011.jpg

Another nod to gorilla glue and to show the arms wont bend so easy not pinned

2011-08-25000140.jpg

And more pics

2011-08-24235947.jpg

2011-08-25000027.jpg

2011-08-25000058.jpg

2011-08-25000121.jpg

And her own spot in the battle foam bag

2011-08-25001109.jpg

2011-08-25001053.jpg

Soooooo happy to see she's metal, but I need to ask, are her wrists strong enough to hold up those beasties or is she pretty fragile? I love some of the Avatars but really worry about transport (especially Lady J and ESPECIALLY Pandora, getting a Terminus headache all over again!)

She is very well built (as the OP showed). As for transport problems I might suggest Rare Earth Magnets for Lady Justice.

Pandora on the other hand really shouldn't be a problem except for height (she was molded with the tentacle she is standing on out of metal). If you are really worried about it though I might suggest trying to mimic her concept art which puts her more in the center of the tentacles instead of flying solo on the one.

After having seen and played with the released Avatar models the only thing I might add to them is a large metal washer to the underside of the bases to lower the center of gravity on them (though I really think this will only be necessary on Lady Justice and perhaps Pandora).

Edited by Omenbringer