Bedazzle Random Cheat?

Mentat_Canis

Question

Ok we were talking about this at the local store and how does this happen.

Bedazzle: You must cheat randomly the rest of the turn.

A. Flip a top card off the fate deck.

B. Randomize cards and Let the Colette player draw one.

C. Hand your Cards to Colette player they don't look at the card they randomize and Bedazzled Player picks one.

D. Bedazzled player randomizes hand and selects a card.

Since it says cheats I think it should come from your hand, but all random events come from your deck. I like option B. the most out of B.C. & D.

16 answers to this question

none of those are truely random...

if you're randomly cheating, wouldn't you have to randomly decide IF you will cheat in the first place?

so shouldn't it start with a coin toss to decide if the event will be cheated before the card pull happens?

No, the stipulation is that when a model Cheats Fate, it must do so randomly.

The best way to do it is to have the bedazzled player hold out the cards and let the colette player grab a card, because if the bedazzled player shuffles they could count the cards to determine where a good card is. So letting the opponent grab one randomly is the best way. IMO

*bump* for official ruling.

I'm afraid in context of Avatar of Deception's other abilities, this is quite an important question:

A. Flip a top card off the fate deck.

Because she can also set up the Fate deck for poor flip (or remove a good card from the top of the deck), Bedazzle would become quite a powerful ability in this case.

B. Randomize cards and Let the Colette player draw one.

You mean Control Cards? This may completely mess up opponents day, by wasting that high suit he saved for his ultimate combo, but it also means the card coming out is still going to be high. It is a good way to mess up opponent's plans, but it means Bedazzle is less efficient as a defensive ability. Options C and D are the same in this aspect.

Basically, it isn't truly a "random" result if it is done with Control Hand rather than regular Fate Deck flip, but if it is supposed to be a "random" Cheat, then it seems like it'd mean pulling a random card from your Hand.

Please clear it up.

Also, as far as my personal view of procedure goes, if it is still to be done with the Control Hand, I think it should be as follows:

Stick out your Control Hand towards the Colette player and let him pick one, obviously without watching.

1. It is a random selection.

2. It means there's no silly shuffling of the Control Hand and no way to do anything fishy with that.

3. There's a mind game involved, and Malifaux is all about mind games. Is my Control Hand sorted left to right, right to left, or is it all mixed up perhaps? :D

Edited by Q'iq'el