Sculpting Done...Time for Paint!!!!

Iamwyrd

So finally finished sculpting my chompy cthulu. It was a blast to sculpt, I love sculpting things now, lol :). Now its time to put some paint on him. Here is the finished sculpt:

IMG_20110718_123742.jpg

IMG_20110718_123859.jpg

IMG_20110718_123910.jpg

IMG_20110718_123923.jpg

IMG_20110718_123941.jpg

Hope you like it. I should begin painting it tomorrow depending on how I feel. Haven't been feeling the greatest lately because my gulbladder is acting up and I may have to get it removed. But other than that I should start painting soon.

Also when I star painting I will post in progress steps of him being painted. I'm gonna make this my best painted model ever just because alot of blood sweat and tears went into this. Mostly tears cause I hacked my finger off. Not really.

Enjoy!!!

Got some paint on him will post pics tomorrow. I had to work early today. :(

Edited by Iamwyrd

I left the feet as hooves because it is a thing of nightmare, and alot of people see nightmares with hooves. I was thinking of doing feet, but I just left them as hooves. I might still do something but right now I'm gonna leave them as is.

But thanks everybody for the comments. :)

Looks good, I see a lot of shiny on the grey stuff, did you use a lot of oil when sculpting it? If so make sure you give that a good washing with some dish soap to get that off before you paint it.

No when I wiped off some of the excess resin the oil from my fingers got on it. I will wash it because I always wash resin before I do anything with it cause it doesn't take paint well if you don't wash it. At least in my experience. But thanks for the comments. :)

Looks excellent! Out of curiosity, what sort of sculpting tools do you use? :)

I don't know what they are called, but one has a glaive on one side and a scuppy thing one the other. And then the other is just a pointy thing. Sorry for not knowing the correct names, but I can get a pic of them if need be. :)