Kaeris in September

edonil

Yes, I'm looking forward to Kaeris. I'm hoping she and her box will be a good fit with Colette, as I'm looking for something characterful to run with my Showgirls.

For that matter, a female version of the gunsmith would be a welcome addition, thematically! Can't wait!

Yes, I'm looking forward to Kaeris. I'm hoping she and her box will be a good fit with Colette, as I'm looking for something characterful to run with my Showgirls.

For that matter, a female version of the gunsmith would be a welcome addition, thematically! Can't wait!

I see better mixes with Ramos and Raspy, Colette needs to have more showgirls to properly run, 1 duet, Cassadra and Performer (+1 manikin) is min. unless they make another showgirl I don't see here list changing to much.

I don't think Cassandra is required for Collette. However, if you don't take her, ya do need to take another Performer/Mannequin.

Having tried Collette with Kaeris however, I don't think the near infinite exploding doves is worth the lack of overall synergy. She'll be much better with Ramos when more things with burning heart get added.

I don't think Cassandra is required for Collette. However, if you don't take her, ya do need to take another Performer/Mannequin.

Having tried Collette with Kaeris however, I don't think the near infinite exploding doves is worth the lack of overall synergy. She'll be much better with Ramos when more things with burning heart get added.

The synergy with Collette, Duet, Cassandra is too good to break up, I always add one more performer to be in a hidy hole to jump into as a precautions. I would love it if there is another cheap showgirl in the next book.

Would conciser adding Kaeris at 40 or 50 points.

• 2 weeks later...
Im not sure what the big deal is about Kaeris. She's an awesome model and generally looks fun, but she isnt all that good and will probably get a bit boring after a few games. And she had no synergy with gunsmiths (who themselves are just inferior convict gunslingers).

Gunsmiths are awesome, they can get :+fate:+fate on attacks, ignore armour and your oppant can't obey them, also use the gunsmiths against gremlins

6 Gunsmiths?? Yikes! I could see that working pretty well though, LOL.

I REALLY like using her with Rasputina or Ramos. She makes an excellent 2nd shooter in the crew. I personally think she's a very solid model overall. Maybe not as awe-inspiring as PErdita, as far as ranged attackers go, but Kaeris will certainly hold her own. I like using her to just soften up targets, and force them to take either damage or slow/paralyze thanks to the Burning Counters and Accelerant. Then you let Rasputina clean up with December's Curse, or Ramos and his Arachinds swarm in to finish off the last few Wds.

Overall, Kaeris is really good at softening up targets, IMO. She can hit a bunch of stuff at once with Ignite, and then drop them a few more Wds with Accelerant/Immolate. I actually had Kaeris take on Rasputina nearly 1-on-1 in game, and Kaeris EASILY came out on top.

6 Gunsmiths?? Yikes! I could see that working pretty well though, LOL.

just because they all go 'the hard way' straight away thanks to resource management and they just go nuts and gun everything down with all the ammo! and kaeris peppers others, finishes them off and so on

I guess people just don't expect it... works wonders against hamelin

I really can't wait for Kaeris :)

She has been probably one of the most wanted things from the Book for me and has prompted me getting Raspy and soon Ramos to!

Kaeris herself is already pretty decent but the requirement to set up for her big abilities and the Burning tokens not hanging around makes it a bit hard for her. BUT even still, when it all works (and it has a good chance of it) it's pretty spectacular! Wait till we get a minion that can add Burning Tokens, Kaeris will be so happy *sheds a tear*

@Stern: Yup, Gunsmiths kick an immense amount of butt. They've got nearly the tool for every job except for one or two. But even then, you Wd them for 1 with Kaeris's pulse thing (The one that hurts them and heals her) so they get the +'s on their Flips and just go to town on people!

in my book (second print) they have no rare limit

My book which I assume is first print as I got it the day it came out has them as just special forces. If some peoples book say rare 3 then I think those books might be second print.

How do you see if your book is second print or first.

Just because she can resource manage them all down by a wound doesn't mean she has synergy with them. She has one good interaction with them (which costs them a wound, still, and they dont have many). That doesn't mean there's a good crew synergy.

I agree that gunsmiths are great (although subpar compared to Convict Gunslinger if you're only going to run one model) but Kaeris is really unspectacular imo.

I agree that gunsmiths are great (although subpar compared to Convict Gunslinger if you're only going to run one model) but Kaeris is really unspectacular imo.

How have you been using her? I find that her greatest strength is to just plink at things, letting 1 Wd through here and there. The auto-trigger for Ignite means you get two attacks out of her every time she shoots. Set up the correct way, and that's 4 attacks, and then still have a Casting Expert action to do either Immolate or Accelerant. Plus, combined with Rasputina, they offer arguably the best board control in the entire game.

Plus, don't forget that Burning Counters do additional Wds at the end of the turn, OR the model has to take the Slow effect. That's a pretty big choice, sometimes. So Kaeris really goes from being only a 1/2/3 :blast to really being more like 2/3/4 :blast. For an 8 point model, a 2/3/4 damage flip, with auto-triggers for extra shots, an ability to let you heal easily, armor, high damage spells, etc....she's quite versatile IMO.

My book which I assume is first print as I got it the day it came out has them as just special forces. If some peoples book say rare 3 then I think those books might be second print.

How do you see if your book is second print or first.

On inside front cover it will say second, fourth printing and a month and a year somewhere near the bottom

How have you been using her? I find that her greatest strength is to just plink at things, letting 1 Wd through here and there. The auto-trigger for Ignite means you get two attacks out of her every time she shoots. Set up the correct way, and that's 4 attacks, and then still have a Casting Expert action to do either Immolate or Accelerant. Plus, combined with Rasputina, they offer arguably the best board control in the entire game.

The way I read her trigger, she only gets a second shot if the first actually damages the target. Either missing, or damage prevention can stop that.

With a Cb of 6, I don't think it's reasonable to assume she'll always hit.

The way I read her trigger, she only gets a second shot if the first actually damages the target. Either missing, or damage prevention can stop that.

With a Cb of 6, I don't think it's reasonable to assume she'll always hit.

Eh, suppose it's how you use her. Shoot at something with a 5 Df or lower, and you're in pretty good shape. Don't shoot at a Master all the time with her. She excels at wiping out the little guys. One hit with Ignite, followed up by Accelerant is a minimum of 3 Wds total, unless they decide to take Slow/Paralyze in there somewhere (which is still a win, IMO). Not many models can do 6-12 Wds in a single turn, and from 10" away. And heaven forbid you actually have some high Tomes in your hand, and can pull off Turn it Up! more than once per AP.

But, no, she won't ALWAYS hit. No models always hit their targets. But it's about choosing the right ones, and the right times. Most people I've used her against so far tend to let her hits go through, knowing they will only take 1 Wd for now and the Burning Token. Typically they will save their higher cards for defending on Accelerant/Immolate later. Which is fine with me, as I'll save high cards and burn Soulstones for those ones instead.

Like ANY character in this game, it does come down to matchups, and if you try to run Kaeris toe-to-toe with most other Masters, she'll get pasted. But vs. other 8 point minions, I think she is more than worth it.

The problem with her, is the same problem with a lot of Arcanist models; they don't have any first strike capabilities nor the range to really be a dedicated ranged model. They get ran all over by all of the big hitters in the game after they take a few wounds off them; and they get out-attritioned by lists that are better at attrition (Rezzers, lists with good healing, Hamelin throwing out insignificant, list goes on). I can see some potentially spectacular results by spending soulstones and cheating to set half an enemy list on fire and then Accelerating them, but her stats are not particularly high so I dont think it'll be commonplace.

Arcanist lists have so many units already that want to fill a similar 'midrange, some damage some utility' spot. For Rasputina Silent Ones are better and so is Snow Storm (maybe - jury's out on that for me right now - she could potentially take that Snow Storm spot and then you have a list with a lot of casting experts...). For Collette, you won't find the room for an 8pt non-showgirl unless you're playing at higher points values (and even then...4 Coryphee...). Does she synergise well with Ramos or Marcus? I dunno, I dont play them really, but I can't see any reason for her to take spots over Coryphee or other constructs in Ramos or the awesome beasts available to Marcus. And as a master, you'd get torn a new one by most decent masters out there because she really doesn't have enough board presence.

So while she seems 'ok' - I'm not sure she really has a place. She's a mediocre model with potential for moments of brilliance, in a faction with a lot of models that are mediocre with potential for brilliance. I may be wrong on that and I hope I am cos her model and fluff rocks...more games will tell.