New Battle foam bag

I was reviewing the Battle foam site and previous discussion I mentioned the PACK 216 being the best for Malifaux, but in the new release section there is PACK C4. Its not as thick but it has a separate side for rules and cards. I also the 216 with pluck foam was removed a while ago.

PACK 216:

1 x 1 inch (30 mm)

1 x 50 mm

Pack C4:

2x 1 inch trays

Pocket for cards and manual.

The C4 would be perfect if you could put medium based figs sideways, but if you only play small based figs the C4 should be better.

Thought it might be useful to some people.

I have a pack mini I use for my malifaux stuff. It holds 2 full 25 point +totem crews or something as big as a single 50+ stone crew in the troop tray. It also has a zippered slot for cards and a slot to keep the mini rules manual in the inside. I'll take pics tonight for you.

FYI: I also have the original Malifaux bag and it has enough space to carry at minimum, every model from 2 whole factions. I have the entire arcanist crew in mine and it doesn't even halfway fill the bag.

Yeah, I have the original Malifaux bag and I can still fit in all of my Arcanists models (have just about everything, except Marcus' crew), and then I can still fit in the Viks, Levi, and Von Schill as well. As I expand my collection, I fully intend to buy another of those bags. They are EXCELLENT, IMO.

As I expand my collection, I fully intend to buy another of those bags. They are EXCELLENT, IMO.

Thats my upcoming dilemma. I only have a couple of crews painted, but I have more than enough purchased and in the que to fill my Battlefoam Malifaux bag. I am not sure if I want another Malifaux bag or get one, larger bag.

The mini is alright for single-list events, but for events you can change your list from round to round, general storage, and some crews no matter how small of games you play, its 19 slots just aren't enough. Plus it is pretty small for anything on a 40mm or larger base. No matter how much cutting you do, you aren't going to fit a warpig in there.

I'm pretty happy with my Malifaux bag, but I'm either going to have to sell my ressers, or buy a second bag if I want to pick up another crew, especially Collodi or Hamelin. I've got my Ressers, Gremlins, and Dreamer crew in it right now, and only have 14 open slots left. There is room in the pluck tray, but I don't want to tear that up for 30mm bases. If I do get a second, I'll probably get 2 more pre cut trays to replace the pluck tray. Then there will be room for plenty of stuff and some puppets.

My Malifaux bag arrived on Friday and I love it! I especially like the utility compartment on the back of the bag even if I wish some of the pockets were a bit larger. I can see myself having to purchase a 2nd bag before too long though if I keep collecting crews at the rate I have been over the past year. Maybe battlefoam will make a larger malifaux specific bag, probably not but I know I'd purchase it.

Honestly if you just want pluck foam, I'd go with Sabol bags, the bags and foam are cheaper, and I feel the foam is a little bit softer and less likely to rub the paint off your figs. I my self am sick and tired of pluck foam, and would rather use as little of it as possible.

I have the "original" Malifaux bag from Battle Foam and I'm quite happy with it - so much that I'll probably get another one to store all the things I'll be getting from GenCon this year...

However, when I want to play some skirmish games (Malifaux, Infinity or Freebooter's Fate) and travel light, I use the Feldherr Mini Plus. Two trays for 16 standard size miniatures, and one thick pluck-foam tray will accommodate a reasonable force from any small-scale game system. Although I admire the quality, I'm not a big fan of the military green colour of the Battle Foam bags...

For anybody interested:

http://www.feldherr.us/us/mini-plus.html

• 2 weeks later...
Oh, this thing is nice. However, the shipping costs make it almost as expensive as the Malifaux battlefoam bag for me. Do you know of a place I could get it from in the states, so it wouldn't have a $30 shipping fee?

Never actually checked the shipping as my LGS has them stocked. It says orders over $150 are shipped free of charge, so if you can manage to find some friends to order with you... The other option I guess is to ask at your LGS if they could get some one you.

I have both a Malifaux bag and a Pack Mini from Battlefoam, both are fantastic products. As stated previously the Malifaux bag transports loads you can easily transport 5 or 6 35stone crews along with stat cards decks and everything else needed for the game. For me personally I have found the mini to be the perfect size to transport a single Brawl crew. I game after work once a week at a city centre gaming club and so its not always convenient to take my Malifaux bag if I also need bits and pieces for work, that's where the mini is my preferred option as it fits nicely into a messenger or back pack bag.