stitched together's fog...

rgtriplec

Question

20 answers to this question

Yup both MP and Adrian are spot on. But just to give you a bit more information on it...

The Stitched Togethers Creepy Fog is a 4" Aura with Ht 5 that extends out from the edge of it's base. The Aura has no "donut hole" in the center, it is solid all the way through. This Aura is also Obscuring, so all the rules for Obscuring on Rules Manual Page 15 for the Obscuring Trait, apply to this Aura (soft cover, can only see 3" into it, can't see across it, etc). But unlike most things that are obscuring, it is not a piece of terrain.

So abilities like Master of Malifaux and Hunter (on Nino etc) would normally bypass all of this or a large chunk of it (in the case of hunter) do nothing because it is not terrain. So if you read Master of Malifaux (on Lilith) and Hunter (in the Rules Manual back) you will see they both reference terrain. So since this is not terrain, they have no effect on it and can't help see through it.

The Aura has no "donut hole" in the center, it is solid all the way through.

Unless an exception has been made (?) the aura does not cover the Stitched Together model as aura's don't affect the originating model. So there is a hole in the middle, but LOS would be blocked by the stitched together.

This would surely also mean the ST doesn't get cover himself if you're within 3" of him as he isn't in the obscuring terrain feature?

but its 4 inches from the base, so theres 4 inch of obsuring terrain in the was so u shouldn't be able to target the stitched right?

Well it's not terrain, don't make that mistake. Because the ability does not state it is terrain, it is not terrain.

As per the rules on obscuring, you can not target a model in an obscuring effect if you draw LOS through more then 3" of the effect. So you would have to be 1" in to see the Stitched together because that then means you are only drawing LoS through 3" of the Obscuring effect.

Unless an exception has been made (?) the aura does not cover the Stitched Together model as aura's don't affect the originating model. So there is a hole in the middle, but LOS would be blocked by the stitched together.

This would surely also mean the ST doesn't get cover himself if you're within 3" of him as he isn't in the obscuring terrain feature?

Duhhh I'm bright this morning *bangs head on desk*

Look at the card man, it states "Including this model" which effectively closes the donut hole. Though it is a bit funky wording since it goes on about it counting as Obscuring terrain for all models including this one... which seems unneeded.. but that may just be safety wording.

There is an old ruling by Sketch floating around, but so far I've had little luck finding it. I'll post back with that if I can find it just for more words on it.

Edited by karn987

Can Lady Justice's Blind Justice spell be used to locate a target in the "fog"? Is only being able to see 3" into it a reduction in Rg? Or is Blind Justice only applicable to situations where the actual Rg or Df stat is altered for whatever reason? Had this occur to me the other day and you have stated "abilities like" have no effect (not spells as they are not abilities?). I couldn't logically argue against it as I could see her being able to "sense" a target (as blind people do, Daredevil, etc!) and relaying targetting info to those around her. Hope I got it right cos I lost the game v LJ and who knows what the result may have been had I been able to remain "unseen"!

She can charge without LOS, but she cant target. Eg, shoto her guns at someone in the fog.

Blind Justice is only against the effects that directly influence the model. Fog is just as regular forest for purposes of LOS.

So only direct effects on Rg or Df stats are considered. Offhand I can't think of any but the sheer fact that the fog (or a forest for example) reduces los to 3" within prevents even her from "seeing" with that spell a target beyond that distance. Much like Hunter etc being affected by the errata on this creepy fog. But cos forest is terrain where the fog isn't, Hunter can see into forest and I guess LJ's Blind Justice can't (as Rg or Df is not affected)? Thanks for the feedback. Got shot to oblivion basically (along with some dire control hands!) but may have lasted longer had I not been decimated so early on! The Card Gods were not with me for one minute ha! Thanks again.

Edited by mark.long