Mydnight's Finished Works

Mydnight

So I posted a picture of my The Hanged in another thread (http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21722), and it turns out you guys really got a kick out of what I did. I am usually an avid painter (though my real life job thinks I work in a Soul Stone mine) so I will use this thread to post pics.

NOTE: I'm not a big forum poster, so if this thread takes a long time to load let me know and I'll see what I can do to make things easier.

Nicodem

yAQt1h.jpg

7UDnoh.jpg

Mortimer

YhBBnh.jpg

1AXQuh.jpg

Bete

NubOch.jpg

rqyT5.jpg

Punk Zombies

vuM44h.jpg

HfdKih.jpg

41CkEh.jpg

gYOD4h.jpg

Edited by Mydnight
Updated pic, now with cropping!

@DAGabriel: I'll have a new pic uploaded later this week/weekend. I only recently got into removing mold lines, which is kind of strange since I've been doing miniatures for over 13 years

@Fetid Strumpet: Glad to hear you'll be in practice, as well as bringing others into the fold (or should I say Breach?). I am also training hard, and just got a chance to try out Seamus this past weekend.

@Regnak: Thanks for the compliment! Now that you mention it I don't know that I'll ever be able to not see that :D

Currently I'm working on the Belles from the Seamus box. I've all but finished one (just need to do some more work on her base), and I'm about halfway through on the second, the third I'm still debating on. It'll either be black skirt and purple corset, or purple skirt and black corset

3TCco.jpg

Actually five of the tech staff are all buying crews this friday, so I'm starting a summer league! =D

I'm sooooo jealous now! I have some great plans for Kirai, I just gotta sit down and finish up the bases for the Onryo, Seishin, Gaki, and Shikome (how is yours coming along, by the by?)

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so I've been busy painting and haven't had a chance to pic up the camera. The other day though I finally managed to and I have a few updates that I'll try to intersperse over the weekend. Here we go...

Seamus

QbSZC.jpg

1w6H8.jpg

Sybelle

Su9rE.jpg

2DBQb.jpg

Belles

WsaPM.jpg

x9uA6.jpg

b0Pe5.jpg

78QHR.jpg

8Rrhs.jpg

wi6V5.jpg

Copy Cat Killer

REJsF.jpg

WWb2r.jpg

Seamus Group Shot

kYQNZ.jpg

I'll let these soak in while I work on the cropping for McMourning and some other pieces I have done.

The belles are... disturbing. And Sybelle... yuck!

Great work, keep them coming

Thanks! I went with the idea of the perversion of something beautiful into something horrible, and that's what I applied to the Belles. And yea, Sybelle is quite putrid, but she also earned herself a decent paintjob (and I kept her in theme with the rest).

Ok, round 2. Here's my McMourning Crew. I've substituted Ms. Pack for the normal nurses, one of whom was entrusted to the keeping of fellow Resser, our own, Fetid Strumpet.

McMourning

tC6Ew.jpg

URNX7.jpg

XPzrX.jpg

R6T1i.jpg

Sebastian

IL1Jk.jpg

X8OHN.jpg

6ytof.jpg

Zombie Chihuahua

s6NvB.jpg

9lMtD.jpg

Ms. Pack

Vzmsn.jpg

Z6GF9.jpg

NlBnk.jpg

jRnKE.jpg

Flesh Construct

utv33.jpg

2ggRR.jpg

4THmS.jpg

Canine Remains

tRgnF.jpg

yJdfn.jpg

O3B2u.jpg

jUfp0.jpg

fSZmn.jpg

Group Shots

Ta0b0.jpg

R1kRq.jpg

Thanks everyone! It's a little surprising, but in a good way, that I get a lot of "WOW! That's creepy!" reactions. In this day and age of Zombies and such I keep seeing lots of juicy zombies, but when I was a kid zombies looked closer to mummies, all dry and crackly and crunchy, and that's what I tend to see when I paint em.

Cool painting all round. One small touch of personal preference though. I would have used Clear red on Bete Noire's blades and hands, same with McM's gloves and so on. Makes the blood look fresher and more organic (the stuff is also excellent, though a bit smelly... and I find the Tamiya tubs almost impossible to open without running them under hot water, lol).

Cool painting all round. One small touch of personal preference though. I would have used Clear red on Bete Noire's blades and hands, same with McM's gloves and so on. Makes the blood look fresher and more organic (the stuff is also excellent, though a bit smelly... and I find the Tamiya tubs almost impossible to open without running them under hot water, lol).

Interesting idea. I use Vallejo paints and now find myself eagerly waiting for you to tell me more :D Please share?