CloudFangs Rezzers!

CloudFang

• 4 weeks later...

its been a while... slow progress... yard work and gardening seems to be taking most of my time. anyway let me know what you think.. base still needs more work obviously.. i may change the hair? and i ended up going with the bloodied look.. didnt really want to splatter up my paint job but the cut off head just didnt seem right without it.. i do think it came out pretty cool though... advice much appreciated:

IMG_2910.jpg

IMG_2914.jpg

IMG_2912.jpg

and some base coating to change things up, think the crew will complement itself nicely..

IMG_2915.jpg

IMG_2916.jpg

didnt really want to splatter up my paint job but the cut off head just didnt seem right without it..

I know what you mean. Looks good though. The kimono is awesome. I would put in some variation on the blood - make a few areas darker - it indicates thicker areas of blood and looks more realistic.

yea.. i think what happened was i was getting a really cool yellow under dress going which had layers of brown and yellow and the orange tie around her upper waist stuck out well... then with the blood splatter everything turned orange and just blended together :( oh well... live and learn... in the end i wished i had just carved out the head before priming.. i may add some darker stuff to the blood.. i may also go back and paint over it.. not sure yet? think i will work on the base for now..

• 4 months later...

just thought i would necro this thread... ended up doing a little work tonight! first time in a while... pretty psycked.. i had a daughter recently so i have not really hobbied at all in forever! oh well... certain things take precedence.

anyway just threw some paint on the onryo to see what would happen.. i like whats coming out so far.. we'll see where it goes:

IMG_3037.jpg

IMG_3039.jpg

Also slapped some paint on the seishin to see what it might look like... two versions as of now.. one pink and yellow... the other pink and yellow with an orange face... would love some feedback on which version works better.. at first i thought the orange faced one was a bit much but now its growing on me:

IMG_3041.jpg

IMG_3040.jpg

these models are far from finished but i would love any criticism or comments... thanks !

-earl-

• 1 month later...

Ok, well... been gettin some stuff done as of lately.. me and a few friends who post together on this blog:

http://blog.livetocrush.net/

have started a tale of painters challenge.. getting lists together and painted.. for more pics and info check out the site..

it has made me start work on my seamus crew.. last i posted i had a pin stripe scheme for seamus...

primered:

IMG_3291.jpg

ok then i found these lovelies!

images-3.jpg

nice... so my scheme is going to go something like this:

seamuscolored.jpg

started off... first belle, based off of dress #1... it didnt come out quite right... the blue is too baby blue.. the peach is now more of a pink.. and the yellowish is more green... im not that worried about it i think it will fit into the mix and i am getting another box of belles so i will have to try dress #1 again on another... but anyway:

IMG_3333.jpg

IMG_3338.jpg

based coated sybelle:

IMG_3337.jpg

after trying the pinstripes through photoshop i realized it was gonna look crappy unless seamus had pants.. the kneepads and boots break up to much of the lines and it looked silly unless i could carry the striping all the way down the leg... so:

IMG_3336.jpg

IMG_3335.jpg

let me know what you guys think!

thanks omen, i really like the slight mod too... i love the model and didnt want to change it but the pinstripes looked awkward at best stopping a the knee.. those long stripes really need to be carried all the way down.. but i think it came out really good... we'll see once its re-primered. im considering greenstuffing a whole suit onto the avatar!? although im thinking about seamus with a bunch of tattoos also?

off to go try and get some painting in!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

rotten belles #2 & #3 are finished.... they came out pretty nice and im happy with them. our blog site Tale of Painters is hitting the end of month 2 so some pretty nice stuff should be posted for Guild, Rezzers, Arcanists, and outcasts by the end of the week. Hope you guys like.. heres what ive gotten done:

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

Full views of each model can be found in this gallery.

and my tale of painters write up for this month can be found at Live to Crush.

Next up is Seamus and copycat killer! Im really excited to get these two done.. then i will finish up with one more belle and bette noir.

seeya.

post-6081-13911922171002_thumb.jpg

Edited by CloudFang