Nekima and Black Blood Shaman (synergy/tactics)

Allidor

Greetings everyone. Like everyone else, I'm pretty excited about all the new release love Neverborn has been seeing lately. I'm especially excited about Nekima and Black Blood Shaman, as I picked up Lilith as my second master a few months ago.

I noticed a thread for Nekima and the Black Blood Shaman already existed, but since it seemed to be focused on the actual models, I figured I'd start one for discussing synergies/tactics between the two. These are just some of the ideas I'm coming up with for when I field my BBS and Nekima (I haven't actually played with them yet, so this is all theory). Feel free to comment/criticize.

-Nekima's Growth Spurt can finally give BBS the flight he should have with those giant wings :hmpf: Then he can join in the flying over buildings fun with the rest of the gang.

-Nekima's Nephilim Heart combined with BBS' Inject Blood and Taint Blood ensures that he'll never truly lose a Blood Counter from casting them (freeing them up to give out to the rest of the gang).

-Between Blood Offering and Spill Black Blood, BBS and Nekima have the option of generating Blood Counters (with killing a Nephilim with Spill Black Blood as a viable option to get an additional Blood Counter) or just delivering up to 6 straight Wounds to all non Neverborn in a 3" area.

-Give Nekima Fast via BBS' Blood Magic and then run her 18" and still be able to attack with her Melee Expert ;) You could also walk 6", charge 10", and still have an attack left. This probably won't be used unless there aren't many Nephilim left for her to buff.

I'm sure there are many more, but these are what I can think of for the time being.

Edited by Allidor

For me I don't think of what they can do for each other but what they can do for the rest of your crew.

Some of my favorite combos are as follows

-Fast or 1 action charging Young's with a Damage output of 4/6/7 because of auto-flay.

-Lilitu casting lure automatically getting doubletake so you have to block it to stop it and it it is casting 8.

-Matures with 1 action charges just charge/kill/charge/wound/attack/kill. Rip in half then and everyone within 6 inches of Nekima is at -2WP.

-Terror Tots eithor being able to sprint 15inches with flight or Terror tots with damage output 3/5/6 Auto-Flay is just wrong it really is.

Those are just a few of my ideas, I think that Nekima for as big and scary in melee she is she is my 2nd wave because what she does for the rest of the crew is just to good to have a master easily kill her. Personal opinion.

use them for a cheesy blood factory

lilith

nekima

BBS

3 terror tots

2 desperate merc's

35ss list w 8 cache

nekima activates, uses blood offering thingy twice to get 2 blood counters, give everybody + :masks to ca (keep her in cover)

activate a terror tot let him kill a merc, heal nekima, you get 2 blood counters + a corpse counter, let your terror tot grow.

activate second terror tot let him kill the other merc, again 2 blood counters + 1 corpse counter, let terror grow (and even mature), activate BBS (now it gets interesting) cast 2 times inject blood (maybe 3 times when your previous healing flips where a weaks) on nekima and heal her 4-6 wounds. use the corpse counter for this spell. after you did the spell. you get a blood counter back. after this activate second terror tot and grow (or even mature)

now let's count. nekima 2 blood counters and the mercs 4 blood counters and 2 corpse counters wich can be transormed into blood counters

8 blood counters, turn one, and if you use blood from stone for an extra blood counter, you can transform your 3 terror tots into matures in turn 1.

cheesy, i know, but painfull :P

use them for a cheesy blood factory

lilith

nekima

BBS

3 terror tots

2 desperate merc's

35ss list w 8 cache

nekima activates, uses blood offering thingy twice to get 2 blood counters, give everybody + :masks to ca (keep her in cover)

activate a terror tot let him kill a merc, heal nekima, you get 2 blood counters + a corpse counter, let your terror tot grow.

activate second terror tot let him kill the other merc, again 2 blood counters + 1 corpse counter, let terror grow (and even mature), activate BBS (now it gets interesting) cast 2 times inject blood (maybe 3 times when your previous healing flips where a weaks) on nekima and heal her 4-6 wounds. use the corpse counter for this spell. after you did the spell. you get a blood counter back. after this activate second terror tot and grow (or even mature)

now let's count. nekima 2 blood counters and the mercs 4 blood counters and 2 corpse counters wich can be transormed into blood counters

8 blood counters, turn one, and if you use blood from stone for an extra blood counter, you can transform your 3 terror tots into matures in turn 1.

cheesy, i know, but painfull :P

Few things.

1) you can only have 2 matures in play as they're rare 2

2) if you have a model other then the tots (like Nekima or Lilith), the tots can go from a tot to a mature in 1 turn.

3) I don't have my card on me, but I think Blood Offering is a (0) action IIRC. You can't do it twice in one turn through instinctual.

4) There's a better description of this engine around on the forums somewhere.

Overall, I think taking it from tots to 2 matures turn 1 is a little too extreme for casual play. It's one of those things that won't make you too many friends. I'm already getting looks when I make 2 youngs out of tots in my current army turn 1.

Few things.

1) you can only have 2 matures in play as they're rare 2

2) if you have a model other then the tots (like Nekima or Lilith), the tots can go from a tot to a mature in 1 turn.

3) I don't have my card on me, but I think Blood Offering is a (0) action IIRC. You can't do it twice in one turn through instinctual.

4) There's a better description of this engine around on the forums somewhere.

Overall, I think taking it from tots to 2 matures turn 1 is a little too extreme for casual play. It's one of those things that won't make you too many friends. I'm already getting looks when I make 2 youngs out of tots in my current army turn 1.

your right with the 2 matures, but why can't nekima do blood offering twice?

i know, that's why i said it is very cheesy. but still you can have 2 matures turn one, even without the blod offering.

Yeah...

The shaman's blood counter shenanigans was the one thing that really relied on the ROE to be balanced.

Any changes to his card from the book to account for this?

They added "When two or [more] models with Blood Sense are in range of the killed model, the closest model gains a Blood Counter" to his Blood Sense ability.

Set up with Desperate Mercs in base with the BBS, Nekima within melee of one, lilith within melee of the other, terror tots not more then 6 from that grouping.

Lilith kills a merc and moves or casts eartquake, just don't mess up your spacing and formation. She also triggers her 0 to gain a blood counter and the BBS gets one from his ability.

Nekima activates and gives mask to non master Ca. Cutts herself and then kills the other merc. Triggering the BBS to gain a blood counter. Then she moves up a little still keeping the tots in with in 6in.

Activate the BBS have him set up with base on a tot. Heal Nekima using corpse counters generating blood counters. He will then have 4 counters and lilith will have one, nekima will have one.

Then you can grow both tots to mature having the 3rd tot to sprint about or if you cut the BBS he can grow to young.

That's how I do it, I may change the order of Nekima having her go first so both mercs can heal Nekima...

If I'm wrong let me know please so I can adjust my strat.