Masters Game.

Here is a question for you. If you could only bring 3 Masters and there ss were in one big cache and you could hire out of your SS pool only totems. Counts as a scrap for SS after hiring, schemes and card hand size.

I think I would go with

Rasputina - Essence of power

Colette - 2x doves

Marcus - Nothing

so I had a total of 11ss spent 6 so I will have 5 to start the game with.

Not bad. Though I think Ramos or the Viks would be a better choice in this format than Marcus. In 3 Rounds (not too difficult) Ramos could summon 3 Spiders and make a Swarm, which would be pretty nice in this format. Colette and the Doves would own though, with Magician's Duel being HIGHLY effective.

I think the Viks and Leveticus would be pretty solid in this format though too, especially getting two large damage pieces with the Viks with lots of movement and good attacks. Then Levi with his tricks and being pretty tough to fully kill him since you may not have enough extra pieces to chase down both him and his Waif(s).

Leveticus

Pandora + Primordial magic

Lilith + Malifaux Cherub

Not really a lot of tricks here except for raw power. Lilith could use Illusionary Forest and Transposition for some board control. Leveticus would be a huge Pain in the ass to actually kill and Pandora carries the threat of shutting down the enemy with her trigger and her spells. Though the Cherub may not be the best thing in hte world, Love can still have a crushing effect when your trying to actually deal with Lilith =D

Ya I know ramos is the obvious choice but I think that the speed Marcus has would help me get objectives. The viki's could make a run for it in there but they come with 0 soulstones so I would have to drop some totems.

Have fun with this people I want to see crazy broken idea's because I think this could be a fun format.

Justice (+4) - Scales (-2)

Perdita (+2) - Student of Conflict (-4)

Criid (+4) - Purifying Flame (-2)

I don't have my book with me, so I think the ss cost for SoC is correct. That would leave me with 2ss for my game.

I'd really like to run Zorrida in this scenario (pumpin' out Wicked Dolls *evil grin*), but the only other neverborn I'd want to run is Collodi..... I'm not a huge fan of the Dreamer, Lilith, or Pandora.... *shrugs*

Nicodem- 2 vultures.

Mcmourning- zombie chihuahua.

Seamus

Gives me 6 soulstones to work with.first turn,Mcmourning dissects the two vultures,gaining 6 body part counters. he uses monstrous creation to create a flesh construct,leaving him with 1 body part counter for fast for later turns.Seamus activates,shoots the chihuahua and uses arise my sweet to summon a rotten belle. Nicodem activates,summons a punk zombie from the first corpse counter,a crooked man from the second.

The problem with this idea is that Ressurectionists would be able to outactivate their opponents very quickly,and would swarm them with corpses.and even worse is that they could keep pumping out corpses each round till you got within range and then hit you with all of them.

The problem with this idea is that Ressurectionists would be able to outactivate their opponents very quickly,and would swarm them with corpses.and even worse is that they could keep pumping out corpses each round till you got within range and then hit you with all of them.

That's why I play guild.... And I'd play keep away... I'd pick things like Assasinate (which Perdita can do from a distance-ish) and hold out.... Then I'd just stay away from the shambling hordes. Plus there are some really great spells I can use (I <3 obey).

If I ran Neverborn, I'd just cast obey and make the masses kill the masters.... Then I'd work on the masses....

So yeah, you'd have a lot more to activate, but it wont do you any good if I lure you out of your DZ and make you come to me :D

McMorning - Zombie Chihuahua

Nicodem - 2 Vultures

Kirai - Lost Love

Masters clump together on first turn. Kirai Activates and uses spirit food on the chihuahua. McMorning Does his thing and butchers the 2 vultures and the chihuahua on first turn to summon big nasties, 1 gaki pops out. Kirai gains 3 seishin from the slaughtering ready to spread out and be evolved into Onryo or Gaki. The lost love turns the big nasty summoned into a spirit. Nicodem uses the corpse counters dropped to summon crooked men. Lather rinse and repeat.

Dreamer- 3 Daydream; POP and Drop for surgical strikes

Pandora- Primordial Magic; debuffer and "death by a thousand cuts" support

Lilith- Cherub; do I need to tell you what she is there for?

Fast, hard hitting and will power duals everywhere.

(You know you want to try it out.)

Edited by Murphy'sLawyer

That's why I play guild.... And I'd play keep away... I'd pick things like Assasinate (which Perdita can do from a distance-ish) and hold out.... Then I'd just stay away from the shambling hordes. Plus there are some really great spells I can use (I <3 obey).

If I ran Neverborn, I'd just cast obey and make the masses kill the masters.... Then I'd work on the masses....

So yeah, you'd have a lot more to activate, but it wont do you any good if I lure you out of your DZ and make you come to me :D

Yes but you are forgetting about the wonderful amounts of zombie cleavage I can bring to bear to not only lure my own models/masters back to where I need them,but yours as well. Though against Perdita i would probably go with 2 belles,one crooked man rather then the one of each. make you burn your counterspelling from criid or have lovely perdita all the way into my deployment zone in the first turn after she had activated.

Can we mix Masters across factions and hiring limitations such as Leveticus' and Hamelins?

If so, here's my list:

Hamelin

Kirai

Leveticus

(Undecided if I should include a totem)

By repeatedly killing my own models I'll swarm the table in no time - MUHAHAHAHA! (Leveticus is there to be killed and thereby to generate cards for Kirai to summon stuff with).

Zoraida, Ramos, McMourning (and I suppose even Sonnia) could be used instead of Kirai for a different set of summonings - though probably less efficient (although Wicked Dolls can summon MORE Wicked Dolls - Hmm.. Zoraida might be better than Kirai - dunno.)

All the melee lady Masters from Book1 together could also be amusing: Lilith, Lady J and Viktoria.

Zoraida, Voodoo Doll

Dreamer/LCB, 3 Daydreams (-6)

Pandora, Primordial Magic (-2)

13 starting cache - 8 Soulstones = 5 soulstone cache.

I get to do some shenanigans and simple summoning via Zoraida, I've got my melee master in LCB, and finally I can effect WP test immunities ala Perdita.

If you could take henchman and go cross faction...I would be seriously tempted to take:

Sonnia Criid for her anti magic and incredible amounts of blasting goodness.

Collette to hide out of sight and to fuel Sonnia's ravenous soulstone habit and ensure that Von Schill would never die.

Von schill for insane amounts of damage in melee and ranged and for bodyguarding Sonnia.

I didn't know how to do henchmen like do you get soulstones equal to your henchman bonus or do they just get 0. Also ya cross faction could get insane. I think Ressers might have the best bet in this with what they can make.

I still think I might get some people to try this format.

Well in Brawls they can not Lead so if you took a Master and a Henchman you would pay their ss cost but get 10 ss for not taking another master.

Now if I understand your format right there are no minions. This will make several masters difficult to play, like Z where she will not be able to obey any masters and obeying a totem is as useful as throwing bricks at a tank.

Now if I understand your format right there are no minions. This will make several masters difficult to play' date=' like Z where she will not be able to obey any masters and obeying a totem is as useful as throwing bricks at a tank.[/quote']

Her (2) let's her summon wicked dolls, without a cast duel and she can obey her own dolls, I've paired her with Leveticus as well so when the dolls die, scrap counters for SPAs