Changes in the new Rules Manual

nilus

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm....like I said, this was discussed at pretty great length. I'll need to dig out my book to see where it ended up but this was certainly one of the discussion points....

(going to get my book....)

(Oh, I see Sketch is here....hopefully he'll just answer. He's far more of an authority than me on issues like this anyway. ;) )

NM: here's the relevent bullet:

Weird....I missed that. Will have to look for it again.

Does that screw up the whole, standing on a bridge vs target standing under it scenario though? If the target on top of the bridge is within 1" of the edge, then they could see the piece standing directly underneath them?

Not as bad as the prior version of the rules, but still a bit odd to follow completely.

They'd still need LoS.

You'd have to have declared your bridge to be an Obstruction before the game and then there'd be no LoS.

If it's some rickety rope bridge you and your opponent would have to have declared what kind of traits it had.

Usually my "Just don't be a douche" rule covers it all, but that didn't make it into the book.

Soooo, where can I get the book? I'm a European and I haven't seen it in the Malifaux shop initially.

I was so desperate to get mine that I ordered from the warstore in the US last week and am now just waiting on it arriving in the UK. Paid more for the delivery though than the actual book, but I'm sure it'll be worth it. Hopefully it will arrive by the weekend so I can spend two days off work just soaking up the rules

Wasn't climbing also changed from the old (1) action so that it can be performed as part other movements, just at a 2:1 ratio of movement? I.E. I can use a (1) Walk action as part of that action some of my movement can be spent climbing and the rest of it on normal horizontal movement across flat terrain?

Or had that been changed previously?

Did this just get overlooked, or am I crazy and this is how it was pre-RM?

Wasn't that in the Errata already? So that's not new in the Rules Manual, correct?

nope until the new book Pandora could cast Dementia on herself or Seamus could cast Undead Psychosis on himself. Only Strikes could not target the acting model.

ask Woodchow he's bee campaigning for this for a while.

nope until the new book Pandora could cast Dementia on herself or Seamus could cast Undead Psychosis on himself. Only Strikes could not target the acting model.

I'm happy =3

Hoffman isn't though, no more reactivate for him T_T

(although there's a slight possibility that they changed something with casting on friendly models and their resists - could anyone verify that they haven't?)

That's been in the rules for a while under the old erratas. Managed to get a Red Joker on a :-fate:-fate:-fate flip last week.. 8Wds on Bad Juju from a pistol, oh how I laughed.

Now, an anomaly has been happening to my friends and I lately, where we get a tripple flip like that, and end up drawing both Jokers...thus having to take the Black. It's happened about a half dozen times in the past week...annoying much haha.

Ahh...I got it now. I'm still having to remind myself from time to time about 'spells' being considered 'attacks', when using the official game terms. Used to people using the two terms independent of each other, and using 'attack' in place of 'strike' just as a general term, like 'melee attack'.

That's certainly an interesting way to cuddle Pandora. Come to think of it, I had thought this wasn't possible anyways, in terms of casting an attack spell on oneself. I had thought because Pandora's spell didn't specify an enemy, that it didn't matter. Ah well, at least it's clear now. :)

Although, can still have her Totem cast Dementia on Pandora, which is I think how the locals in my group have been doing it anyways.

Ahh...I got it now. I'm still having to remind myself from time to time about 'spells' being considered 'attacks', when using the official game terms.

Not all Spells are attacks. They need to have the melee or Ranged icon, or have a resist duel I believe. Also if the spells description says you can target yourself you can still do it. But yeah it does take a few strategies away.

Not all Spells are attacks. They need to have the melee or Ranged icon, or have a resist duel I believe. Also if the spells description says you can target yourself you can still do it. But yeah it does take a few strategies away.

Missing a big one there nil any spell with a resist is an attack per the big bear the list below.

Attacks can come from multiple sources:

• Attacks with the :melee icon are melee attacks, while attacks with the :ranged icon are ranged attacks.

• Spells with a :melee/:ranged icon in their Rg.

• Spells that require a Resist Duel (see Magic, p.51).

• Strikes with melee/ranged Weapons (see Combat, p.39).

• Actions that inflict Dg or Wd on another model, or require an Opposed Duel.

Each of these is considered an attack, and their initiator the attacker. The defender of an attack is either the direct target when a target is required, or any models potentially affected by the attack. A model cannot attack itself unless the attack's description states that it affects friendly models.

Missing a big one there nil any spell with a resist is an attack per the big bear the list below.

Attacks can come from multiple sources:

• Attacks with the :melee icon are melee attacks, while attacks with the :ranged icon are ranged attacks.

• Spells with a :melee/:ranged icon in their Rg.

• Spells that require a Resist Duel (see Magic, p.51).

• Strikes with melee/ranged Weapons (see Combat, p.39).

• Actions that inflict Dg or Wd on another model, or require an Opposed Duel.

Each of these is considered an attack, and their initiator the attacker. The defender of an attack is either the direct target when a target is required, or any models potentially affected by the attack. A model cannot attack itself unless the attack's description states that it affects friendly models.

Can Tina reflect a spell from a silentone at herself then?