Any questions or criticism of the fluff?

nerdelemental

It looks like Samael may very well be a henchman, according to the fluff.

All they need to do is give him the use of soul stones and I will be happy. He already has awesome stats and powers.

Hmm being able to boost a flaming bullet attack on a enemy master :)

All they need to do is give him the use of soul stones and I will be happy. He already has awesome stats and powers.

Hmm being able to boost a flaming bullet attack on a enemy master :)

Ugh...already have enough issues with Sammael sometimes. Last thing I want is for him to have Use Soulstone. :tongue1:

Keep in mind that I very purposefully dangle Red Herrings and both honestly foreshadow as well as misguidingly foreshadow. I hope to have our readers feel a lot of what our Masters feel. That some of their plans and discoveries turn out to be either brilliant or off the mark.

Reading threads like this always turns out to be a lot of fun for me. Sometimes you guys are so close to predicting what we have in development it's honestly disturbing. Sometimes not. ;)

• 1 month later...

I've got a question!

Within the Collodi fluff (he seems to have been overlooked too much in Rising Powers, shame!) it seems to hint that he abducts children, and that they become dolls. I know fluff != rules probably holds up, but it says that the dolls look eerily similar to the missing children. In game though, you don't make the dolls from corpses, but rather from scavenged constructs and the likes.

Is he turning the children into dolls, hollowing them out in a, your children are mine now style? Does he just get rid of the children, and make new dolls in their likeness in a sort of trophy thing, as a remembrance of what he has done? Is he deconstructing the children, attempting to make more human dolls based on their internal structures? Has he been keeping them locked up in rooms to playtest Puppet Wars? Or is it something more devious entirely?

P.S. MORE COLLODI! Is there more to him in RP or the first book's fluff, or somewhere else? It seems like outside of his character blurb there really isn't anything else unfortunately.

Edited by Sinsation

I've got a question!

Within the Collodi fluff (he seems to have been overlooked too much in Rising Powers, shame!) it seems to hint that he abducts children, and that they become dolls. I know fluff != rules probably holds up, but it says that the dolls look eerily similar to the missing children. In game though, you don't make the dolls from corpses, but rather from scavenged constructs and the likes.

Is he turning the children into dolls, hollowing them out in a, your children are mine now style? Does he just get rid of the children, and make new dolls in their likeness in a sort of trophy thing, as a remembrance of what he has done? Is he deconstructing the children, attempting to make more human dolls based on their internal structures? Has he been keeping them locked up in rooms to playtest Puppet Wars? Or is it something more devious entirely?

P.S. MORE COLLODI! Is there more to him in RP or the first book's fluff, or somewhere else? It seems like outside of his character blurb there really isn't anything else unfortunately.

well, he abducts them, and changes them in puppets or dolls, it takes time, on the battlefield he uses scrap counters to create them, because he just hasn't got any time :)

to make a stupid example, in the naruto series, sasori from the red sands sometimes uses people to create his puppets. but in the battle himself he uses broken puppets to quickly create new one.

stupid example i know, it just popped up into my head.

<sharpening the insissors> muauahahahaha!

@ Nerd boy Bowen,

The fluff is great, you know my thoughts on this. I'll take this opportunity to ask a more general question on your geek sessions during planing, vision and design.

Mali attracts alot of different folks because there are varying genres at play here. Some folks will say, "I don't like xxx and feel it has no place in the setting or it feels out of place." Despite that, they still find something alluring in Malifaux and run with it, but for the most part no one feels the creativity is too bloated and over reaching for its own good.

Do you guys feel that you have plenty of room for artistic creativity and maintaining a Malifaux 'feel'? Some other systems in their later years begin to suffer from an identity crisis of tone, setting, or genre or begin drawing inspiration from places that they probably shouldn't.

One of the major challenges you guys will have in future expansions is new character creation that differentiates. Some other systems release characters and when you look closely at them, they're the same as another. In the second book we got Kirai; Japanese spirits mixed in with the previous psycho-style re-animators. I thought that was done well. Same with Colette and the dreamer.

Is there healthy dialogue amongst you guys to balance between new and creative characters, genre blending and from simply getting too goofy? I.e., start throwing in vampire elves, goth blobs, or say orcs.