what rules are up to date?

tattyted

"Mr. Lalo, what's a rotted bell?"

"SHUT UP AND CUT!"

...yes. This is happening.

If you do this Lalo.... we need pictures of your class doing this. =D

We totally need a Wyrd reach out to Schools program. Zombie Hookers for all the little girls and Submissive Nephilim for all the boys! We will put a Soulstone in every home and a mechanical horse in every driveway!

Not very, when your definition is so deliberately selective. And clearly inappropriate, as no ill intent is implied in any way. In fact, your choosing to apply this specific interpretation is basically bordering on bamboozling (pardon the pun) - as per above.

However, in the context for which I originally applied it, it was as per the next part of the dictionary definition (which you chose not to mention):

2: to perplex; mystify.

:nod:

Yeah, Sketch seems to enjoy getting snarky with the playerbase, which is what elicited my, perhaps unnecessary, initial backlash. Not the soundest of marketing strategies for someone wearing an official hat for the company in my opinion, but what do I know? I'm just someone that has to be convinced to buy their product.

And I haven't been lately. My latest purchase was several months ago, and I didn't expand upon that new crew in the slightest. Partially because I've lost a lot of confidence in the company's ability to handle things as showcased by their representation on these boards.

In general I don't think the rules are in nearly as bad shape as some make them out to be. They are a bit disorganized for a new player to pick up (thought it's really not that hard), but that's being slowly rectified so it shouldn't be a lasting problem. However, the way in which such concerns could be addressed on these forums could be a lot more genial at times.

Yeah, Sketch seems to enjoy getting snarky with the playerbase, which is what elicited my, perhaps unnecessary, initial backlash. Not the soundest of marketing strategies for someone wearing an official hat for the company in my opinion, but what do I know? I'm just someone that has to be convinced to buy their product.

And I haven't been lately. My latest purchase was several months ago, and I didn't expand upon that new crew in the slightest. Partially because I've lost a lot of confidence in the company's ability to handle things as showcased by their representation on these boards.

In general I don't think the rules are in nearly as bad shape as some make them out to be. They are a bit disorganized for a new player to pick up (thought it's really not that hard), but that's being slowly rectified so it shouldn't be a lasting problem. However, the way in which such concerns could be addressed on these forums could be a lot more genial at times.

While this is really sort of going off topic from the rest of the post, I felt the need to reply. Do you have experience with any other game companies? I used to play some of WOTC's miniature games, and I will take Wyrd's form of customer service and interaction on the forum, every second of every day over what WOTC offered (which was admittedly, next to nothing). So...what I'm saying is, it could be worse...a lot worse. What Wyrd offers us as players is quite frankly amazing, IMO. So what if WiErD_SkEtCh likes to feel like "one of the guys" and join in the poking fun at each other. I actually kind of like that, as it shows he's not trying to act like he's better than everybody else.

I think the issue is Wyrd don't understand who their key demographic is, 30 year old virgins that live with their parents. The rules could be made vastly more comprehensible to this audience by translating them into Klingon.

Precisely.

I am a part of the player base as much as the next person here.

Some people tend to read too negative tone to people's posts here.

:) <-- See? I'm smiling.

Lol, pot calling kettle much.. after you had a go at me for teasing my regular opponent.

:) < -- Note I'm also smiling. Does that make me safe.... ARGH... NO THE TEETH...!!!!

While this is really sort of going off topic from the rest of the post, I felt the need to reply. Do you have experience with any other game companies? I used to play some of WOTC's miniature games, and I will take Wyrd's form of customer service and interaction on the forum, every second of every day over what WOTC offered (which was admittedly, next to nothing). So...what I'm saying is, it could be worse...a lot worse. What Wyrd offers us as players is quite frankly amazing, IMO. So what if WiErD_SkEtCh likes to feel like "one of the guys" and join in the poking fun at each other. I actually kind of like that, as it shows he's not trying to act like he's better than everybody else.

I've been into miniature games since I was 8 years old, which was....16 years ago? So I have some lengthy history with assorted companies. Wyrd does a lot of things great. Other things, not so well. Just like all the rest of them.

My point isn't meant to degrade Sketch, and I hope he doesn't take it that way. And I'm fine with some lighthearted fun, but when a customer is expressing genuine concerns on these boards (a direct medium of communication to the company many times) a quip or semi-mocking jab isn't really a good standard to set. And I've seen it occur multiple times.

I like Malifaux. I like Wyrd. If I didn't want to see it succeed I wouldn't be posting my concerns , opinions, and suggestions on how to do things better.

I think the issue is Wyrd don't understand who their key demographic is, 30 year old virgins that live with their parents. The rules could be made vastly more comprehensible to this audience by translating them into Klingon.

Says the furry lol. Is there seriously a Klingon language? if so does it count as a "foreign language" on a job application? It should also be of note that the word "Klingon" is not recognized as a typo where as

We like people posting their observations and concerns, we read them and are always trying to do better. In fact we've been working hard since Gencon to do everything we can to polish Malifaux for everyone and iron out as many issues as possible. We just hope everyone understands that it does take time, and we don't want to throw out fixes which just need to be later fixed again.

The only complaints we can't do much about are those which look backward instead of forward, and say the only way to fix things is that we had never made the mistakes in the first place and that the first writing of the rules was perfect...as this isn't exactly something we can change now! Malifaux is still quite young, but we at Wyrd are dedicated to taking any and all steps to continue to support the game and gamer, even if that means there are some awkward times where you know changes are coming, which just aren't there yet.

I hope this all makes sense :D

The only complaints we can't do much about are those which look backward instead of forward, and say the only way to fix things is that we had never made the mistakes in the first place and that the first writing of the rules was perfect...as this isn't exactly something we can change now! Malifaux is still quite young, but we at Wyrd are dedicated to taking any and all steps to continue to support the game and gamer, even if that means there are some awkward times where you know changes are coming, which just aren't there yet.

I hope this all makes sense :D

I, personally, am pretty ok with keeping track of a couple threads that help make the game better. It makes playing the game much funner, and that's what it's all about (for me, anyways). So yeah, it makes sense.

Says the furry lol.

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Is there seriously a Klingon language? if so does it count as a "foreign language" on a job application? It should also be of note that the word "Klingon" is not recognized as a typo where as

Yes it is a proper language, you can get the Bible and Shakespeare in it's original Klingon.

Not very, when your definition is so deliberately selective. And clearly inappropriate, as no ill intent is implied in any way. In fact, your choosing to apply this specific interpretation is basically bordering on bamboozling (pardon the pun) - as per above.

However, in the context for which I originally applied it, it was as per the next part of the dictionary definition (which you chose not to mention):

2: to perplex; mystify.

:nod:

Just a quick aside - thank you for switching back to writing in black! Now I can read your posts again. :)

Ah, thank you ... but ... ummmm (from Umbridge) ... but I haven't, totally.

As I pompously declared somewhere else some time back: short or frivolous posts will be in the old (purple, italicised, centred) format, while long or D+M's* will be in plain black, left faced.

(*D+M = Deep and Meaningful)

I can't let Rathnard (who did do it first here) be the sole shining light piercing the eternal twilight in this Epoch of Monochromism.

And the chorus line of dancing marshmallows are mine! Speaking of which .....

:marshmell:marshmell:marshmell:marshmell:marshmell