Painting with the speed of a thousand dead courtesans in stasis chambers

Soundwave

• 5 months later...

gravespirit.jpg

It may be hard to believe, but I’ve managed as a Resurrectionist player around 3 years without having used a Grave spirit. Well, now he’s finally up and painted. All I need now is a Dead rider or Izamu to stick him on!..

Yeah, I got neither. Can’t be that cheesy. Got a triangularly head shaped lovechild I’m looking at proxying as Izamu though.

If Speed painting and feverish flu had a lovechild, it would be this paintjob. I needed him painted for a tournament this February, so I went “Games workshop-scale-painting-time-per-model” on him. Excluding some time inbetween to dry, I think he took roughly 30 minutes to paint up and base, after being primed.

See, I can paint quickly as well. See you once my next model is finished, in 1-2 months…

• 3 months later...

I've been a naughty boy and havn't really painted much Malifaux as of lately.

I have been working on my graveyard themed board though, and figured I could drop some pictures of it here. Since it even contains the hanging trees, it's not all bad!

20130411-201029.jpg

20130411-201005.jpg

20130411-200949.jpg

20130104-090448.jpg

20130104-090509.jpg

20130104-090455.jpg

20130425-204738.jpg

20130425-204744.jpg

Extra points to whoever catches the movie reference on the stone.

20130425-204755.jpg

20130425-204749.jpg

could it be hellraiser II?

I remember that being written in blood in one of those movies. i think it was the second one anyway. :P

The graveyard looks amazing. i am quite jealous of your terrain skills. I've been usuing the terraclips for a while, and i think my gaming group is getting tired of them. haha.

great stuff here, i hope you wouldn't be too offending if i attempted to steal someof this stuff. :D

could it be hellraiser II?

I remember that being written in blood in one of those movies. i think it was the second one anyway. :P

The graveyard looks amazing. i am quite jealous of your terrain skills. I've been usuing the terraclips for a while, and i think my gaming group is getting tired of them. haha.

great stuff here, i hope you wouldn't be too offending if i attempted to steal someof this stuff. :D

Extra cookies!:Hiding_Puppet:

Thanks - given the minimal amount of effort put into them, I'm very happy. Everything's pretty much basecoat, 1-2 shades of drybrush and a wash. But I feel that it works when it comes to terrain.

Any ideas on what else to make that's graveyardish?

Got one of these incoming to make a sort of church, but besides that I'm not sure. More tomb stones I guess.

• 1 month later...

Slight Threadomancy...again.

What’s more horrible to face in the middle of the night than a big sabre-toothed tiger?

An undead sabre-toothed tiger obviously. What’s even more horrifying than that, you ask? An undead sabre-toothed tiger stitched together with a big honking snake, that’s what… And a horse head.

rn1.jpg

After a really long time having been hidden away in a zipper bag, I finally got around to assembling and painting up the Malifaux Rogue Necromancy.

Made a Silent Hill-inspired morgue base to go with the rest of my McMourning crew out of plasticard and Wyrd’s Morgue accessory pack. Basic idea was that the “real world” is falling apart, revealing the nasty nightmarish blood-stuff. Something corny like that.

rn4.jpg

Kitty, Ropey and Horsey displaying their dental state.

rn3.jpg

Something witty about hind quarters.

rn2.jpg

Don’t freak out if you find a horse head in your bed – use your imagination instead.

trio.jpg

Pyramidhead (Izamuhead), Doctor Douglas McMourning and the Rogue Necromancy

• 2 months later...

Finished up some gaming mats today. Here's some pictures!

And here's a sample.

img_2734-800.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Some more spamming... This time a Rotten Belle.

Speedpainted in order to get it ready for action this weekend, paintjob took maybe an hour. Lots of speed painting nowadays....

photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

• 1 month later...