Five Faction Fun Legal Lists

MrNybbles

As far as the rules go you can hire Masters across Factions according to Sketch. These lists may not be something you would take to a tournament, but are all legal lists that use specific model's abilities to hire across factions. These are all bare bones lists and may benefit from adding constructs.

[Guild 32ss Scrap List]

** C. Hoffman (Guild)

04 Mobile Toolkit (Arcanist)

09 Coppelius (Neverborn)

10 Jack Daw (Outcast)

09 The Hanged (Resurrectionist)

Choose the Guild as your Faction and hire C. Hoffman. C. Hoffman can hire Mobile Toolkit via Arcanist Ties. C. Hoffman can then hire Coppelius via Unexplained Connection. Jack Daw is hired as a Mercenary and The Hanged are hired via Jack Daw's "The Apple Never Falls..."

This list is interesting because The Hanged, Jack Daw, and Coppelius are all Terrifying and C. Hoffman and Mobile Toolkit are Constructs which count as non-living models and are immune to Morale Duels. Remember, Coppelius loves it when you inflict Morale Duels.

[Arcanist 28ss Brawl List]

** Colette (Arcanist)

** C. Hoffman (Guild)

09 Coppelius (Neverborn)

10 Jack Daw (Outcast)

09 The Hanged (Resurrectionist)

Choose Arcanists as your faction and hire Colette as your first master. Colette can hire C. Hoffman via her Union Labor ability. The rest of the crew is hired just like the list above.

This next list only uses 3 Factions, but follows the theme of Tales of Hoffmann. You can add Hamlin and have him recruit Canine Remains or go for Jack Daw and The Hanged again if you really want all 5 factions.

[Tales of Hoffmann List]

** Colette

** C. Hoffman

09 Coppelius

07 Coryphee

A Tales of Hoffmann List is any list containing C. Hoffman, Copelius, and a dancing Mechanical Doll (Coryphee) which are characters in the Opera and models in Malifaux. I'd recommend adding a Mobile Toolkit, another Coryphee, and other constructs to this list and keep Colette away from Coppelius.

You forgot the Queen of Cross-faction crews - Zoraida!

Zoraida

Nurse 6 (Ressers)

Papa Loco 7 (Guild)

Gunsmith 7 (Arcanists)

Desperate Merc 2 (Outcasts)

Terror Tot 3 (Neverborn) 25SS

The Scary thing is that this isn't actually a bad crew. The Nurse can dose up the tot and desperate merc for one-shot cruise missles, and then start dosing Papa Loco as a reusable nuke (he can shrug off the sacrifice effect).

Zoraida makes everything better and the Gunsmith is just a very flexible shooter with some nice synergies with Obey. :D

Then there's Marcus, who got quite alot of new cross-faction minions to play with in book 2;

Marcus (Arcanist)

Shikome 8 (Ressers)

Waldgeist 6 (Neverborn)

Waldgeist 6 (Neverborn)

Lawyer 7 (Guild)

Johan 6 (Outcast)

Malifaux Raptor 2 (Arcanist) 35SS

You can still fit in all five factions at 25SS, but it's not nearly as viable. :rolleyes:

Edited by Rathnard

I think it is possible you guys are missing the point Mr Nybbles is putting across. These list are cross faction Masters beyond the Mercenary options.

Imagine what two Construst buffing Masters can accomplish.

Imagine a faster, buffier version of Ramos who has a better chance of keeping up with a Colette crew improving their Coryphee's and what not.

My nerd senses tingle at such things. I just need to sit down and better study C. Hoffman to see what can be acheived.

I think it is possible you guys are missing the point Mr Nybbles is putting across. These list are cross faction Masters beyond the Mercenary options.

I realy dont think they are missing the point as both lists they have posted are uning special rules for the master to pick cross faction units.

One of the resons I picked up the old hag is for the cross faction units i can take. Atm im likeing Pere Ravagé with papa loco and a doppleganger (you may not have much left at the end of the game but you know the games going to be a blast ( pun intended))

Edited by Monkey

Imagine what two Construst buffing Masters can accomplish.

Imagine a faster, buffier version of Ramos who has a better chance of keeping up with a Colette crew improving their Coryphee's and what not.

My nerd senses tingle at such things. I just need to sit down and better study C. Hoffman to see what can be acheived.

Leveticus, Zoraida, and Marcus can all take models cross faction not because of mercenary type. The riders are not mercs, none of Levy's vanilla stuff is merc. These masters are actually some of the best known for their cross faction lists. Zoraida and Levy especially.

Hamlin the Plagued?

if i read it right, he can take:

Nix 7SS

Rat catcher 5SS

malifaux rats 2SS

stolen 3SS

deperate Merc 2SS

wretch 2SS

Wicked Dolls : 3SS

Alp : 3SS

Candy: 8SS

Kade: 6SS

Terror Tot: 3SS

Sorrow: 3SS

Hoarcats: 5SS

Gamin: 4SS

Moleman: 3SS

Arachnid swarm: 9SS

Arachnid: 3SS

Raptor: 2SS

night terror: 3SS

Canine Remains: 2SS

necropunks: 3SS

steampunk abominations: 3SS

piglet: 3SS

i like the synergy with:

wretch 2

nix 7

Stolen 3

Desperate Merc 2

canine remains 2

wicked doll 3

wicked doll 3

rat 2

rat 2

4SS Cache

While at my local game store I asked our local Henchman about the Unexplained Connection that Coppelius has. (Yes, I asked him to explain the Unexplained Connection). This catches his interest so he googles Hoffman and comes up with The Tales of Hoffmann. We start looking at Coppelius and realize that C. Hoffman is a construct and is therefore immune to the Morale Duels Coppelius can inflict. Unexplained Connection isn't just an inside joke, it can actually be useful in a crew of undead and constructs.

I started playing around with the list and thought about adding models from all factions. Even though he could normally only hire Guild and some Arcanist members he can actually cross-faction with all 5 factions. Cross-factioning is much more straightforward with Marcus, Zoraida, and Leveticus. Try playing a Hoffman cross-faction list and see how many people you need to convince that it is a legal list.

The lists seem to work, but I'm not really sure how well. (They are also incomplete lacking some constructs and maybe undead). I'm not going to have much of a chance to try lists like these myself so I thought I'd throw them out into the wild and see what happens with them. Maybe I should have named the thread something else to emphasize this. Oh well.

Leveticus, Zoraida, and Marcus can all take models cross faction not because of mercenary type. The riders are not mercs, none of Levy's vanilla stuff is merc. These masters are actually some of the best known for their cross faction lists. Zoraida and Levy especially.

My apologies I realised I didn't explain myself well at all.

I was trying to explain these are Masters in a Brawl together that are cross factioned without Mercenary.

Like any Faction Master can hire Viktorias as they have Merc. trait. But for most that is the exten of their options.

But this is combining Guild (Or specifically C. Hoffman) with Arcanist Masters. Arcanists benefit quite a lot with those who can buff constructs.

He's not allowed constructs,

Hamlin the Plagued?

if i read it right, he can take:

Nix 7SS

Rat catcher 5SS

malifaux rats 2SS

stolen 3SS

deperate Merc 2SS

wretch 2SS

Wicked Dolls : 3SS

Alp : 3SS

Candy: 8SS

Kade: 6SS

Terror Tot: 3SS

Sorrow: 3SS

Hoarcats: 5SS

Gamin: 4SS

Moleman: 3SS

Arachnid swarm: 9SS

Arachnid: 3SS

Raptor: 2SS

night terror: 3SS

Canine Remains: 2SS

necropunks: 3SS

steampunk abominations: 3SS

piglet: 3SS

i like the synergy with:

wretch 2

nix 7

Stolen 3

Desperate Merc 2

canine remains 2

wicked doll 3

wicked doll 3

rat 2

rat 2

4SS Cache

My apologies I realised I didn't explain myself well at all.

I was trying to explain these are Masters in a Brawl together that are cross factioned without Mercenary.

Like any Faction Master can hire Viktorias as they have Merc. trait. But for most that is the exten of their options.

But this is combining Guild (Or specifically C. Hoffman) with Arcanist Masters. Arcanists benefit quite a lot with those who can buff constructs.

There are other masters that can do it.

do you need to pick a main crew and any thing that you take cross faction will cost additional SS

Have a look at ramos and Levy for one. There are a few more out there.