This reminds me of something.

Murphy'sLawyer

I even see a great potential for Nathan to steal a crew idea. An Outcast crew lead by a renegade Ninja comprised of a bunch of Outlaws who carries a child with him that he is protecting.

Well my vote if we are stealing from Asian Cinema is an Outcast Samurai with a steam powered Baby carriage full of weapons(and of course a baby).

An Outcast crew lead by a renegade Ninja comprised of a bunch of Outlaws who carries a child with him that he is protecting.

Kind've like Lone Wolf and Cub. - Might make a cool solo-type also.

Anyway, the movie looks like a Manga anime brought to life - my kind've movie.

I even see a great potential for Nathan to steal a crew idea. An Outcast crew lead by a renegade Ninja comprised of a bunch of Outlaws who carries a child with him that he is protecting.

Am I wrong?

actually more and more I kind of see the oriental deal being largely a sub-element for resurrectionist (as that ball has been thrown now.) and would like seeing it expanded on beyond kirai and spirits. oriental undead thematically both fit nicodem (fluff) and kirai (atmosphere.) and any undead non spirit geisha could be belles, the other significant subtheme being the mad lab department. (nurses, fleshconstructs.)

on the movie its funny after seeing RE:afterlife, I pondered how that style of movie (wanted, nightwatch/daywatch etc.) strangely (and Im considered a heretic now ;)) are an evolution of sphagetti western movies more so than of action movies. (the duel elements, significance of the soundtrack etc, very focused camera work with zooms etc. and significance of *arenas* for the duels.) and was thinking how fun it would be doing a wild west movie in that atmosphere, exploiting sphagetti western cliches adding steampunk+horror touches and putting it into a modern fast and loud jacket.

this comes damn close to what I tought (sans oriental themes.)

I'm not big on these types of films...but Geoffrey Rush doing his grizzled character work? That may seal the deal on this one. He's the best thing to happen to the PotC films (not that hack Depp :P).

Malifaux needs more Swamp Pirates. Not ninjas. Bleh! :)

Edited by Bellygrub

Though I did not see many ninjas in Malifaux i do see your point the wild west Victorian, is defiantly there, many of mali's elements are there just not enough horror, add zombies and we got a done deal.

Not many ninjas in Malifaux?

You mean:

Misaki

Ronin (3)

Cassandra (Colett box)

That's a fair whack of ninjas...

Though I did not see many ninjas in Malifaux i do see your point the wild west Victorian, is defiantly there, many of mali's elements are there just not enough horror, add zombies and we got a done deal.

I need a steamborg there as well

Am I wrong?

I beilve ninja's are like pirates, we not getting them

Well my vote if we are stealing from Asian Cinema is an Outcast Samurai with a steam powered Baby carriage full of weapons(and of course a baby).

awsome

Eh came up a while back but I would love to see the floating vampire head show up as a spirit. Pandalagon or some thing like that :)

Just as long as it doesn't sparkle