Lady J-boobs

sanj

I've got a big crush on Lady J and you really do her justice. I'm really digging the alternate paint scheme. She looks ready for a raid on the Decembrists.

One thing I always love hearing from painters is how different your process is. I paint almost exclusively from white undercoats and probably would have washed and then highlighted. You started completely differently and it turned out great.

Nice base also. She looks like she's raised up just high enough for her sword to be parallel with anyone's neck.

Thanks to all for the kind words.

I would like your recipe for hr hair and a shot from behind... to see her hair better... IM CEREAL, GUYS!

I'll do one from behind tonight, I'm super serial.

Trying to remember what I did for the hair, it was almost entirely done with a 20 year old pot of citadel's 'blazing orange'.

-If I remember correctly, I drybrushed white over a black undercoat first.

-Then lay down several thin layers of blazing orange, really watered down, until I was happy with the darkest areas of the hair.

-There should be some shading apparent as the white and black areas show up under the thin layer of paint.

-Then I picked out individual streaks of hair with blazing orange, simply appling the paint thicker to areas I wanted to be brighter/lighter.

I was suprised at how red the finished hair looks but I guess that is from the black undercoat darkening the orange so much.

Edit: At some point I painted a very watered down layer of black over the hair to smooth the transition between light/dark areas, but I can remember when!

Edited by sanj
Remembered sommat

Thanks to all for the kind words.

I'll do one from behind tonight, I'm super serial.

Trying to remember what I did for the hair, it was almost entirely done with a 20 year old pot of citadel's 'blazing orange'.

-If I remember correctly, I drybrushed white over a black undercoat first.

-Then lay down several thin layers of blazing orange, really watered down, until I was happy with the darkest areas of the hair.

-There should be some shading apparent as the white and black areas show up under the thin layer of paint.

-Then I picked out individual streaks of hair with blazing orange, simply appling the paint thicker to areas I wanted to be brighter/lighter.

I was suprised at how red the finished hair looks but I guess that is from the black undercoat darkening the orange so much.

Different... yet effective. Thanks!

• 1 month later...