Cheap Neverborn proxies

The Madman

Malifaux on the cheap. Hah!

Its already one of the best value for money (Quality V. Cost) ranges out and you guys are trying to be cheaper? Typical gamers.

:lame:

um,

RUDE

READING is a fundamental skill

since WYRD doesn't have figs out yet for most of the new book...

those of us willing to invest in WYRD would still like to play the characters without havingto be deeply out of pocket on other game supplies

SOOOOOO

here are some alternative CHEAP figs that can be PROXIES

READING is a fundamental skill

since WYRD doesn't have figs out yet for most of the new book...

those of us willing to invest in WYRD would still like to play the characters without havingto be deeply out of pocket on other game supplies

SOOOOOO

here are some alternative CHEAP figs that can be PROXIES

I did read your OP... it says 'Cheap Neverborn Proxies'... nowehere does it say for unreleased minis. Assumedly, you have a female and male demon, which I took for Pandora/Lilith and a mature neph.

How about creating a concise and accurate OP?

and your proxies are terribad. Why not get some decent Reaper or Hasslefree? Something worth putting paint on before putting on the table?

Malifaux on the cheap. Hah!

Its already one of the best value for money (Quality V. Cost) ranges out and you guys are trying to be cheaper? Typical gamers.

At first this game looks cheaper than Warmachine and other mini games, but then you look at the mechanics and realize "OMG I need more constructs, zombies, ronin, guardsmen...etc. for my abilities to be useful".

I am in no way bashing the game I love. Just pointing out the facts that it CAN be more costly than one thinks based on faction they choose to play.

At first this game looks cheaper than Warmachine and other mini games, but then you look at the mechanics and realize "OMG I need more constructs, zombies, ronin, guardsmen...etc. for my abilities to be useful".

I am in no way bashing the game I love. Just pointing out the facts that it CAN be more costly than one thinks based on faction they choose to play.

I agree... in order to play certain 'spam' tactics, you will need to do this.

Alternatively, you can play using alpha strike tactics using a few powerful/large minis also.

The Leveticus boxed set only requires maybe 1-2 additions, otherwise it is the perfect starter box from all that exist (yet).

:hijacked:

(since we're going on the stray...)

I dunno

at $6.00-12.00 per fig this game is right on par with other table top games

The only REAL diffrence I can see is for Malifaux

I need, Maybe 10 figs on the field and on the sidebar

While Warmachine and GW games I would need 20+ (and that's just for low to moderate point games) nevermind full scale tournament lists with Armor, drop pods and full platoons

the only exception I see in what's popular now is Pulp City;

their Minis are about 10-20% more expensive based on their Play value "In-Game"

but I digress

My initial point was, and still remains

peole are looking for proxies

my feeling is:

rather than spend full price on a single model from another companies game, or putting forth ridicoulous effort sculpting one

until the ACTUAL one is available

use a OVERALL CHEAPER alternative

Nobody would give a F^&*( if it's "Worthy" of being painted or not

gamers prefer WISWIG figs on the table. The sculps I presented Fill both rolls

:peace:

:hijacked:

(since we're going on the stray...)

I dunno

at $6.00-12.00 per fig this game is right on par with other table top games

The only REAL diffrence I can see is for Malifaux

I need, Maybe 10 figs on the field and on the sidebar

While Warmachine and GW games I would need 20+ (and that's just for low to moderate point games) nevermind full scale tournament lists with Armor, drop pods and full platoons

You use 20+ minis in Warmachine? Heck, I have enough fun with starter box sized games...

The Leveticus boxed set only requires maybe 1-2 additions, otherwise it is the perfect starter box from all that exist (yet).

Would say that (though it may be a cheap starter set) Levi has a very high learning curve for a new player and doesn't really make a good intro to the game.

And now back to your regularly scheduled programing.

Why are we arguing over PROXIES?!?!?! Until the models are released you HAVE to use something to represent the model(s) in question. Since there is no "facing" in the game, what is stopping people from using regular game pieces out of any mass-produced board game and stick it to an appropriate base in order to represent the model(s) in question? Price and the "cheapness" of gamers shouldn't have been brought up. Besides, official Malifaux Tournaments MUST use the official model intended for play once it is released. Almost no company out there allows proxies for released minis in official events. EVER.

I was thinking about getting a Litko number set to use as general proxies for whatever. Just bluetac them to the appropriate base size and declare what it's representing before the game starts.

Look about 3/4 way down there are "Genaric" character counters

http://www.litkoaero.com/page/LAI/JIMSLAB

http://www.litkoaero.com/JimsLab/Litko_counter_stands.jpgLitko_counter_stands.jpg

Besides, official Malifaux Tournaments MUST use the official model intended for play once it is released. Almost no company out there allows proxies for released minis in official events. EVER.

I'm not trying to argue the validity of your statment

BUT

where are you getting your information?

Just a causal scan of the listed tourneys posted here on this site have TONS of "Fast and Loose" rules, not the least of which concern proxies... in some cases allowing up to 50% of figs to be proxied!

Here are the Official Gencon Tournament Rules:

http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11681

Malifaux Tournaments

We're hosting 4 Malifaux tournaments during the convention, so if you're looking for a chance to cheat fate, join us. We'll be giving prizes for 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, and best painted Crew. Please note that you must provide a painted Crew (except for miniatures released at Gen Con 2010 which must only be assembled, primered not required), and we'll supply the game boards. No proxies allowed. Strategies will be given for each round.

Not trying to sound like a jerk, but I would hate to see fellow players go to an event with proxies only to have them not count in an army/crew because they are a proxy of a released model. There are very few companies that allow proxies of any kind brought to an official tournament, sometimes even if the stats for the model are out but the model itself is not out (Looking at you PP).

It sucks, but those are the ropes for official tournaments. Some companies are so strict on these rules that even IF you use the original model and saw/bits/mold/green stuff it into oblivion to look as cool as you want it may not count if it goes outside the basic parameters of what the base figure has.