leveticus leming

izikial

they've errata'd alot of the stuff so that he ccan kill himself, however, you are allowed to attempt a spell that would kill you, as their is a chance you may fail to cast and thus not suffer wounds.

this is different to doing ations that will definitely kill the model in question, for example, if levi was on one wound left, he wouldn't be allowed to do necromantic sacrifice, but he could still attempt to cast a spell that will kill him, if it succeeds.

You are allowed to cast any spell you desire. If it says this model suffers "x" amount of Wd, then he still suffers them and kills himself. All of his spells were edited to say that he can kill himself using them.

Ah, slight issue. Levi can't Spend Wd that would kill him (IE: Blessings of Desolation/Entropic Transformation). However, he can cast things that will result in him dying as an after effect (IE: Death's Lessons/Desolation), because the only requirement for those actions is the necessary AP to activate them. The contention in rules is the difference is weather something is part of the cost or part of the effect - the rules don't check far enough to know what the effect is to let you cast it, but they will stop you if the spell costs you your life in the first place.

Hope that clears things up ^^

Ah, slight issue. Levi can't Spend Wd that would kill him (IE: Blessings of Desolation/Entropic Transformation). However, he can cast things that will result in him dying as an after effect (IE: Death's Lessons/Desolation), because the only requirement for those actions is the necessary AP to activate them. The contention in rules is the difference is weather something is part of the cost or part of the effect - the rules don't check far enough to know what the effect is to let you cast it, but they will stop you if the spell costs you your life in the first place.

Can you clear that up for me a bit?

So i can use death lessons to kill myself by dropping lets say a card back on my deck but if i cast a spell that costs me 3 wounds and i only have 2 then i cannot cast it?

I think what he's saying is that you can intentionally kill yourself by taking wounds from a spells effects, but if it costs you wounds to cast it, in addition or instead of SS or something similar, and that would take you to 0 wounds then you cant.

I see. So what your saying is that if Levi has say, 1 Wd, I couldn't use Entropic Transformation because I need 1 Wd to use it and that 1 Wd would take me to 0, thus causing the rest of the effect to become obsolete.

This does make Levi a little less exciting himself, but as BugKing said earlier, I never thought of targeting him with someone like Alyce to kill him. Can I simply shoot him to kill him?

I thought masters could not be targeted by friendly Models. Here is the reference.

pg 54

A model must be within the attackers LOS to be declared the target of an attack. Any model within the attackers LOS can be targeted, including any friendly model other that your crews master, (they are expendable but he is not) Or attacking model itself.

I was wondering if they errata-ted it for Leveticus since he wants to die.

I thought masters could not be targeted by friendly Models. Here is the reference.

pg 54

A model must be within the attackers LOS to be declared the target of an attack. Any model within the attackers LOS can be targeted, including any friendly model other that your crews master, (they are expendable but he is not) Or attacking model itself.

I was wondering if they errata-ted it for Leveticus since he wants to die.

Not as far as I'm aware, no. And Levi's spells were errated to let him use them, even if he would die. He still can't use Necromantic Sacrifice at 1 Wd left, but he can cast any spell he wants to kill himself.

Not as far as I'm aware, no. And Levi's spells were errated to let him use them, even if he would die. He still can't use Necromantic Sacrifice at 1 Wd left, but he can cast any spell he wants to kill himself.

Untrue. You cannot, I repeat, cannot kill yourself with a cost. The errata specifically pointed out Death's Lessons and Desolation, both of which do damage after they've been cast, depending upon the result of the spell.

Also - the rule that prevents you from shooting your master vanished a very long time ago, it's in the errata somewhere.