Winning and Losing Book 1 Masters

ProdigalPunk

So now that the new book is out what do people think it adds to the Book 1 masters?

I think the winners seem to be Lilith, Marcus, and Somer'Teeth. Lilith seems to get a lot more variety in what she can bring to the table, Somer'teeth gets a whole new section of toys to help him fill in the gaps. Marcus gets all sorts of cross area beast. I think this is all good since these masters seemed to be the most limited in tactical ability.

It is hard to figure out who does not seem to benefit that much. Nicodem is the person that springs to mind the most, he gets the Rogue but at a higher price then McM and then other then that does not really add anything to his bag of tricks. Pandora seems to be towards the bottom end too, I think she might get one or two models to help with her tricks, but nothing that over shadows what she has I don't think.

I am not sure how the Hag plays so not sure if she gets a boast or not. I am undecided on if the Viks really mesh with the Frieks or not. Everyone else seems to fall in the middle in my opinion.

What does everyone else think?

Well Nico did get a big bad 50mm Res monster to summon now(even if it takes 4 counters)

I think there was a definite effort to offer up models to help other players vs Guild. The anti-range bat comes to mind, also a couple models that strip immune to influence away.

Ramos got a lot of new guild built constructs he can take.

Ramos was indeed helped a lot.

And of course Leveticus can take most of those constructs too. In addition to plenty of new undead and of course his own Ashes and Dust. While I don't think he quite reaped the same rewards as some of the masters the OP mentioned, I think at least one watcher may be a new Levvy auto-include. I also really like the idea of the dead rider with him, although I still think his personal stuff and some of his other old standby's (Belles, SPA swarms, Bette) might be better choices for him. I've got plans to buy Darragh Wrathe as a temporary proxy some time soon to try him out.

I think that Pandora got helped a LOT. First of all, Lilu and Lilitu each fill a very valuable roll for her, the girl the most. But the dude is very strong in combat which I think she really needed. Other models in the Neverborn line are good for her, too, even Nightmares. They don't all have to be Woes to be really good for her. I actually put her near the top of the gift exchange! Only Candy will see regular play with Pandora in my future lists, I fear. :(

The Ortegas got Abuela Ortega, and I am not sure they need much else.

Yep, any non-unique living model you can take with them now can be a family member. Been playing around with that and the Executioner. Gonna see how handy that is with the Austiger and/or Convict gunslinger next.

Interesting note. Apparently the Ortega are okay with a little Bestiality in the family. Since you can do shotgun wedding on Guild hounds and Malifaux Raptors as well. Also Lawyers :)

I really think Ramos came out ahead big. The guardian is a huge means to protect him and the mobile tool kit will allow him to summon spiders with relative ease and not need an 8+ :tomes And the Coryphee will add some speed to his lists if needed.

Lilyth also got some nice additions to her crew as well. Those 2 are my clear winners

I think that Pandora got helped a LOT. First of all, Lilu and Lilitu each fill a very valuable roll for her, the girl the most. But the dude is very strong in combat which I think she really needed. Other models in the Neverborn line are good for her, too, even Nightmares. They don't all have to be Woes to be really good for her. I actually put her near the top of the gift exchange! Only Candy will see regular play with Pandora in my future lists, I fear. :(

I <3 can't think any of the neverborn masters they don't work with, But Lilith most of all Lelu may cost 1 more than a young (and be filghtless) but takes a lot more hits

Which model costs more for Nicodem than Mcmourning? I do not remember seeing anything like that.

It is not an actual addition to cost, just the rogue necromancy has a mechanical affinity for McM since 8 bodyparts should be easier to come by then 4 corpse counters. Plus with Core Rules normally it should cost Nico 3 counters, so there is a little inflation there.