Beating the hag

NewbieFromHell

For the love of god can some give me a clue how to kill the hag!, she's really starting to get on my nerves.

My opponent always take her and a voodoo doll, doesn't matter what else I can kill them, but the voodoo doll getting Los onto a steamborg and given in poison 2 ends up with a dead model pretty quickly.

I've tried all the masters with all sorts of options but nothing seems to work.

If I get any sort of attack it's at negative, then she just repulses and sods off. Next turn spawn a voodoo and takes out the next model.

Any ideas?

Aside from her - flip on attacks ability she isn't all that durable she has df 5 and no healing.

Rasputina boosted by a Gamin could kill her with blasts in a single activation; or more reasonably leave her with less than half her wounds left after spending several soulstones.

Also I found that a big model that can charge through terrain on the opposite side of a terrain peice from her keeps her player thinking somewhat defensively. Even one or two turns of this could put a big dent in her crew.

I've only played one game against Z myself I lost but only by a single point and that was because it was a tournament and we rqn out of time and only played 4 turns at which point it was Lillith, mature nephalim, 2 young nephalim and a tot on my side and just Zoraida on my opponents side. I had my whole force on his side of the board so Z was able to accomplish he stake a claim scheme which she wouldn't have been able to if I'd been able to use the two remaining turns to move everything back to that terrain peice (the scheme was announced).

Anything that gives you :+fate on the attack flip is a problem for Zoraida. The most common way is a focussed or channelled attack (which ignores proper manners anyway), but paired weapons is another option.

Don't bother trying to attack her with something that requires a Wp resist - her Wp is 10 so you'd have to be lucky to pull it off.

Zoraida is fast, but if you keep bum-rushing her she'll have to spend her activations escaping ratrher than casting spells.

Anything that gives you :+fate on the attack flip is a problem for Zoraida. The most common way is a focussed or channelled attack (which ignores proper manners anyway), but paired weapons is another option.

why does a channelled / focused attack ignore proper manners ???

do you mean that the :+fate given to channelled negates the :-fate from proper manners resulting in a neutral flip or that the use of channelled removes proper manners and you end up with :+fate attack :hmmmm:

I had issues with her VS my rusty Alcye she keep on useing her via obay to cast burnout on my constructs bringing them down to one wound.

The biggest problem for use Ramos players is speed, and that is what I think Book two brings to the table, if I am not mistaken (I don’t have the book) The rider is a construct and it should be fast, use her to hunt down the old crazy Hag! But yeah when I play VS her I tend to just go for VP points and make her have to do something to kill me.

For a Ramos List I would say just bring spiders and Ramos, I mean conduit only works on non masters, so fill your list with 3 point spiders so there is no model worth conduiting and force her to use spiders.

In this list a rouge spider that has been obeyed wont do much damage since you have high df and armor. Not having a big model like the SB Exey means that you will need to swarm up to take on bigger foes but a swarm min damage is 3 and it gets melee master so its not bad, plus they have self heal witch is awesome.

And spiders have a WP of 6 witch is not that low so you will have a fighting chance to win WP duels.

if you have a 30SS game bring 8 spiders (3x8 = 24) and have six extra SS for Ramos, or bring the brass and only have 4 extra Giving you a SS cache of 8 or 6.

So the basic tactic is not to go after the hag but get your VP points and have her come to you if at all. This works unless you have assassinate then I would also bring hans and let the bullets fly, keeping him out of los and hopping for good shoots.

hope this helps,

Andrew

Edited by TimeLapse

I usually try to put disruption field on her to lock her down. I don't think Zoraida can obey Alyce to Burn out your constructs because it says friendly constructs and since the spell states friendly constructs. This is both an enemy controlled action and during an enemy's activation. I don't think friendly model is determined by who paid for it but by who is controlling it.

-Heretic

I usually try to put disruption field on her to lock her down. I don't think Zoraida can obey Alyce to Burn out your constructs because it says friendly constructs and since the spell states friendly constructs. This is both an enemy controlled action and during an enemy's activation. I don't think friendly model is determined by who paid for it but by who is controlling it.

-Heretic

I believe this is accurate.

I think she could make melee strikes through the doll in the beginning, her melee strikes have Poison 2, they removed the strikes but added poison.. I dunno probably tried to balance some things somehow. But cannot speak on their behalf and I frankly don't know..

I think your right, its a pain, the obey doesn't bother me to much its the poison (that doesn't go away) eats through everything...

anyway got a plan for her now :) thanks all

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to hear that newbie, Zoraida is my favorite master, and yes, she`s mean, just to help you, i have played against... Rasputina, ramos, marcus, lady j and pandora, the master that gave me the most trouble to win is pandora, i hate her as much as you hate Zoraida, she`s my nemesis, so bring her in against zoraida! cheers.