Who's that?

pigi314159

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking Misaki gets upgraded to Master in book 2 and this is a minion/henchman. But then, if she gets upgraded to master, would that stop you from running the minion version? Maybe just no Master/Minion duo.

Whilst I love the teaser poster here, Misaki is just about the only mini I have no interest in.

So whilst I can see there being a link between them, I genuinely hope not. Unless she is the master and misaki is her minion and that you don't HAVE to take a minion.

I would assume the woman on page 89/12 Crows Card would be the female rezzer, but I guess it is not a certainty. The woman in the promo picture does not look to be doing anything overly necromantic.

Doesn't have to be overly necromantic in my opinion.

Comparing the 2 pictures the promo has got more character than the page89 girl so I hope I guessed right. And if I remember right it was said before that the cards represent random folks from Malifaux rather than anyone from the actual game.

In any case I'm looking forward to seeing this model sculpted!

Whilst I love the teaser poster here, Misaki is just about the only mini I have no interest in.

So whilst I can see there being a link between them, I genuinely hope not. Unless she is the master and misaki is her minion and that you don't HAVE to take a minion.

Misaki may be an outlier mini right now, but I'm hoping this is the beginning of a Yakuza like faction - just Malifaux style (Ronins & Vics don't count).

I bet once the you can start painting gang tats on Misaki, which give her abilties & triggers, she'll become quite interesting.

Ehh, Yakuza is not fun at all. Russian mafia faction or Italian mafia faction... or white supremacist faction wouldn't take you very far, would it?

If you make a game you play Yakuza in, you pretty much ensure normal stores in Japan wouldn't want to distribute it (some of the top Sumo-trainers in the country have just been forced to resign after allowing two Yakuza members to watch the games).

On the other hand if you go with some Kabuki-like gangster-heroes that would work pretty great and resonate with Japanese quite a bit.

San-nin_Kichisa_Kuruwa_no_Hatsu-gai_1860_by_Toyokuni_III.jpg

If they were old school tommy gun mobsters Dick Tracy style then I think people would be plenty ok with it. Granted that would not fit the setting at all so people would probably not be ok with that aspect, but my point still stands. I completely agree that they should never use the word Yukuza, and nothing Wyrd has done so far has struck me like they would. I think if they had a Japanese style crime sindicate though it would be alright. I don't know much about the Yakuzu but I doubt they still use swords and probably never really used Elemental Magic, so there would be a big distinction. I would not want to see it as a whole faction though, and Outcast master would be fine, and then some minions to round it out.

Ehh, Yakuza is not fun at all. Russian mafia faction or Italian mafia faction... or white supremacist faction wouldn't take you very far, would it?

If you make a game you play Yakuza in, you pretty much ensure normal stores in Japan wouldn't want to distribute it (some of the top Sumo-trainers in the country have just been forced to resign after allowing two Yakuza members to watch the games).

On the other hand if you go with some Kabuki-like gangster-heroes that would work pretty great and resonate with Japanese quite a bit.

Yakuza have remained in popular culture though. There are still Yakuza in comics, movies and video games (one series taking you to play the life of one, and is actually called Yakuza in Western shores).

While the Japanese generally don't want to be in the presence of Yakuza (or anyone with lots of tattoos lol), they remain in their place as a pop culture icon.