MSU Ruined Pump Station Board (Painted) - warning pic heavy

Kaine

Well its finally done, thanks for all the feedback on the wip threads, the board is finally complete.

My next plan is to add some extra modules so i have a pool of 12 rather than 9 modules to use.

The board is entirely modular and can be re-arranged in about a minute to create a totally new layout.

The unpainted (white) mini's are there to show scale

This thread is a little pic heavy :)

x1.jpg

x2.jpg

x3.jpg

x4.jpg

x4b.jpg

x5.jpg

x6.jpg

x7.jpg

x8.jpg

x9.jpg

x10.jpg

x11.jpg

x12.jpg

The last two pics show one of the board play layouts from the point of view of each player

x13.jpg

x14.jpg

Simply stunning! The water effects are top notch, and the overall effect is beautiful. A few minor questions/suggestions:

The rusted metal looks good, but I'm not certain that it is realistic for everything to be coated in a uniform layer of rust. I'd suggest adding some more metallic highlights, so that you can see where the has worn away in places.

Also, do you find this set-up a bit open for your games? I'm used to more vertical terrain breaking up line of sight.

Incredible work!

Jim

Simply stunning! The water effects are top notch, and the overall effect is beautiful. A few minor questions/suggestions:

The rusted metal looks good, but I'm not certain that it is realistic for everything to be coated in a uniform layer of rust. I'd suggest adding some more metallic highlights, so that you can see where the has worn away in places.

Also, do you find this set-up a bit open for your games? I'm used to more vertical terrain breaking up line of sight.

Incredible work!

Jim

Theres actually metallic paint under the rust, the rust is a mig pigment so it will chip and fade as we play.

Yet to see how the board plays, but i have some scatter terrain that matches, i.e. piles of crates and stuff.

really well done board, my only query is how modular can it be with the three water squares?

if you draw corner or diagonal deployment, one crew will be out on the dockside somewhere?

The water tiles do need to be together, but they can be swapped around, and also the side can be changed. e.g.

N N N

N N N

W W W

W N N

W N N

W N N

etc

And i do plan an extra 3 non-water tiles for the board.

I may also be a bayou board that will connect to this one forming a 6x3 board.

wow, awesome. Gaming actually works quite well on the board when the crates an stuff are on there but it does look amazing. and I new ud have used some fancy paints for the rust ur rich B****** ^^, looking forward to gaming on it later in the week.

on a side note Orc where do u game?

on a side note Orc where do u game?

at a mates house for Malifaux, but tend to be in Fanboy3 in Manchester on Friday nights.

We play Confrontation, Dogs of War, Eden, Hybrid, some Malifaux. There is a bunch of other Mali players there as well, but they get in earlier than we do.

A lovely table. It would be great to get some nicely painted crew slugging it out on it.

My only critisizm is the rusted areas (again). A suggestion if I may: Straight up Boltgun Metal with a good heavy coating of Devlan Mud. Then dry brush with a brick red colour (that GW dark skin tone works well).

Comes up a treat with very minimal effort.

This is one of the best terrains I've ever seen, if not the best. Most of the "ruins" I've seen had far more cheesy look to it than the proper buildings. I suppose it's actually harder to make something look properly ruined, than to make it look properly build. This is perfect. I'm so jealous of such a table. :congrats:

The board looks great, but I have the same constructive criticism as others - the rust is too uniform and flat. It needs some variation for realism. I hope your idea will work....that it "weathers" as you play...but I think it would be much more reliable to just weather it intentionally to get the look.

Great work on the modularity of it too. Overall a very nice board setup.