Just when you think you have things down...

Justin

...you find there's something you're completely missing.

I have been doing moral totally wrong. I always thought that if a model failed a moral duel outside of its activation it would immediately fall back. But it waits for its activation and then falls back. Then it's next activation it rallies, losing two full activations. (well, it can still shoot and cast on the second activation, but still)

Seamus just got so much better.

What have you over looked?

Then it's next activation it rallies, losing two full activations.

Actually, it could be 3 in case of a melee oriented model. 1. running away 2. doing nothing 3. running back where it was

(well, it can still shoot and cast on the second activation, but still)

Aye and with a [-] flip. So that's almost a big 0.

Seamus just got so much better.

Not to mention Pandora's trigger...

Yeah the fall back rules are really nasty when you lose 2 to 3 effective turns in a 6 turn game.

But since I play Marcus and Pandora its great for me.

By the by if you haven't howled and then roared to scare off half your enemies in one turn yet, you haven't lived in the Malifaux universe. And when you plan on trying this with the Marcus crew, roar with Myranda instead of the Cerebus, as she has a way easier time pulling it off.

Yes. Well if you read the entire rule block it does make sense I think. Dunno. I'm not terribly good at coming up with easily readable text. Other folks do that. I parse text like computer code and tend to write that way as well.

Oh, it makes sense. It's just the kind of sense you have to stop and think about for a second.

I wonder if anybody else made this mistake though.

My only successful game vs Lyl was against a creative player who brought Candy and a Woe. I managed to scare them away. Which, left it Lyl vs a Seamus who was dead for sure and a few hookers. Without the terror pulse, I woulda been gone.

I always do really well against Lilith with Seamus. Her defense might be obscene, but her willpower...not so much.

I found out Saturday how nasty this could be. We had a four-way battle with my Seamus setting up on the table with a Sonia, a Justice, and a Lilith. Lilith and I wiped out Sonia early while Justice walked across the board to us, then Lilith was lured by my belles into a surrounded mess. I Trail of Fear'd and used Undead Psychosis on her with Seamus and hit with Sybelle's Rough Trade trigger that makes her pass another WP duel to do anything but pass. She was pretty much locked down for 3 turns, since she couldn't run and didn't cheat to win the Rough Trade morale duel. Her first turn she couldn't even fall back becuase of Rough Trade, the second turn she tried to run and could go nowhere, and the third turn she was dead. Her defense still locked down my entire team, however, as I had her sorrounded by Sybelle and 6 other belles. Nobody could hit her, even when she had been undressed. I couldn't get Seamus up to stab her (and wouldn't want to anyway becuase of Black Blood) and wouldn't risk hitting one of my 7 other models becuase I flipped high to hit Lilith. By the time Lil finally dropped, Justice was on me and Seamus barely survived the 2v1 action to end the game Justice with 8 VPs, me with 2, and nobody else with any. Sonia was wiped to a man, Lilith's last tot died turn 6, and I lost Bete, Sybelle, my Grave Spirit, and all of my first 3 belles (one of them twice, although I raised 6 more throughout the game). Justice had 3 points of damage on her Samael, nothing else dead or even attacked. It would have been brutal if it had gone to turn 7.

Edited by eruletho

• 3 months later...

Mistakes...

Lots

One of my friends picked up Sonnia. First time we did blast effects our 40K background showed through. We missed the dg reduction for the blast as opposed to the target. We also played each blast as doing 5 dg. So we did 5 damage to every model touched by a 50mm base, for each base. The target got hit with 15dg instead of 5.

That is why when you know Pandora or Seamus might pull something try to save a card and some soul stones to make sure you don't lose that WP test. You can't always use them for that damage flip.

I'm not saying anyone is playing wrong but going against those that will cause your metal to run require a different strategy than "go in and hit hard". These two are especially geared to mess with straight on attackers.

Edited by Murphy'sLawyer

• 1 month later...
What have you over looked?

Oh gods, so much... I just last night found out that both my opponent and I EACH flip to see what our potentially different strategies are, instead of both going for the same objective.

I also had some trouble with negative flips, thinking that they just meant that I couldn't cheat fate on that particular flip.

Basically, I've told my friend to read through the rules himself and not necessarily trust what I say, just in case. ;P

Basically, I've told my friend to read through the rules himself and not necessarily trust what I say, just in case. ;P

Ha! Do I know that one!

"Am I sure? Yeah, I'm absolutely sure, doesn't mean you should trust me though. I can still be illiterate. You should read the book too!"

flurry can only target one model.

Found that one out last night......

Generaly i learn a new rule every game im playing. Plenty of face plam moments to be had. Its one of the reasons I have stopped playing WM just so i can realy get my head round Mali rules and not end up with an malifaux warmachine rules mess in my head.:gurney: