Leveticus Crews - Post up yours today!

n0signal

Depends upon how quickly you need the corpse - certain masters won't grant you the privelage of a second turn unmolested to lose three WD making a waif. As thats one of his two AP for that turn - I often find that being able to slingshot him forwards off of one of the waifs is fantastic. However at that point he'll have been summoned. I generally like to get the second waif sorted turn one, so he can focus on cool stuff, like murdering the opponent. Considering that 2AP just flat kills anything with 6WD or less. And almost definetly kills anything with 8 or less.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really like levictus, but im having trouble building a list because there is so much choice, i have a few questions, in 25 ss games, othere than alyce should i have no more big hitters, also is jack daw actualy good with livictus or is he very situational. also spas seem a bit rubish, insignificant, usless in combat. so, my idea so far is start with alyce, some necropunks, some rotten bells and a canine remains. then add in jack daw then bette noir, depending on the amount of ss you are using

Edited by izikial
forgot something

Regarding SPA's: I think they are indeed rubbish unless you commit to using them. If you take 4 of them, then on the first turn your can usually drag them across the board and drop a Desolation Engine on the opponent - with a reactivate off Alyce this can be devastating!! You've then got to work on creating more SPA's ASAP, so that once the Engine dies and poops out 2 SPA's, you have more nearby than can combine into another Engine.

If you nimmy around just taking a couple of SPA's at the start, or none at all, then you'll struggle to create an Engine and the SPA's on their own are rubbish. When I build, I either go 4x SPA from the start or none at all!!

Leveticus works with his own stuff or with Resurrectionist stuff just as well as each other TBH and there's no "correct" way to build his lists. I've had lots of success with Necropunks and Flesh Constructs as much as SPA's and the Engine. In answer to your question, in 25SS Alyce is a decent heavy hitter at range, and along with Leveticus provides all the punch you may need - meaning you can fill out the rest of the crew with manoeuvrable models to capture objectives, etc.

If you nimmy around just taking a couple of SPA's at the start, or none at all, then you'll struggle to create an Engine and the SPA's on their own are rubbish. When I build, I either go 4x SPA from the start or none at all!!

Couldn't agree more with n0signal. Its really 4 SPA or none at all to start. Any you create after that are distractions.

I dissagree with you both, I usually start with 2 or 3 and have my engine turn 2 or 3 and a second engine turn 5ish if I bother to make one at all.

Tenabrae makes a very good point in that you don't need 4 SPA's right off the bat to get good uses out of them. Infact, Levy's crew is designed in such a way as to allow you to function with none at all and still make use of them.

With the number of ways Levy, Alyce, and the Engine can make SPA's you have no issue getting more bodies out. The biggest issue becomes in small games where if you do not take 4 spa's (btw you should never hire a Desolation engine, hire the SPA's instead and just make it after you've hop, skipped, and jumped your way up the field using the rotational group method) what are you doing with the rest of the points to justify not taking them?

If you take only 2 or 3 of them, then you should try to get your 3rd and 4th one asap if possible. But you need to protect the ones you already have and this can be tricky. Avoiding LOS is the best way to do this.

Levy can make them rather easily through a few of his spells and as usual, who cares if he dies doing it. Alyce can make some but it costs her a lot to pull it off. Levy's spell that grants the trigger is another good source of them on models like Bette Noir etc etc. Basically if your not taking one of his models, whatever your taking better be a powerhouse and can make use of that trigger quickly.

But focusing on the SPA's and Engine life cycle isn't the only way to play. I've done effective lists with only 2 at the start and slowly churned out more as I carefully grinded through the game. Cheat self destruct units like the spiders work great because you can claim their remains as yours and build an SPA you need. So nothing wasted!

The point is, you 100% don't need to take 4 spa's to use them. Its simply just not true. It forces you to think differently and play a different style, but taking 2 -3 of them is a very viable strategy. Heck taking none of them works well at times to because it gives you a late game Desolation Engine and thats the beauty of Levy's crew. Taking 2 SPA's and some disposible, but effective troops lets you hit in waves. A lighter wave to wound them and shake them up and then the heavy wave which hopefully cracks their skull.

• 2 weeks later...

I just started playing levi. I dont use models i dont own so i haven't been using SPAs or Engines. He works very well with the undead too. You dont need a renewable powerhouse of destruction with the one man apocalypse :).

my 25 list has been:

Belle

2 punk zombies

1 necro punk

alyce

Its done pretty well in the few games ive played. Ive messed around with some of the other undead too. I have had a good play experiance and the durability of all those undead goodies has been well used ( slow to die and hard to wound are great). I love running a necro punk in with leap, flurrying, then opponent hits him and rusty alyce reactives him and he flurries again!

i know some opponents who are used to the Levi set up with SPAs and Engines and they get a little confused when there not out there.

Hm, I presonally didn't get much use out of the punks. Sure - on paper, you can bless them to get rot every time, but they're so slow. SPAs can do so much more with the errata to pushes. (They count as movement effects, so that when you move one, keep pace can drag the rest of them in whatever shape you want). Originally, I wasn't a particularly strong advocate of them, but since that - they kinda just fit.

Another thing to consider - and this contradicts alot of my earlier rants. Yes, you have the capacity to make enough SPAs from the word go without hiring them, but - if you actually hire enough for a desolation engine, and then continue to make them throughout the game - not only do SPAs/Desolation Engines aid in the production of SPAs, they're also perfect targets for Blessing and Burnout, and having one from the start, and the two SPAs it makes when it dies ready to join the others you make, means that burnout doesn't just flat sacrifice the desolation engine (Hell - on occasion, if it's next to something with low DF and you get initiative, it can fully heal itself anyway). In light of all this, I really do think that SPAs - at the very least 12 points worth, is kindof staple for Levi, along with the 8 points for alyce.

On a side note - at 25SS, I'd want to keep at least 5 stones. Levi is a powerhouse, and he gets to do nasty things with stones and deaths lessons (IE: stacking a crap card, followed by the most amazing of the top three, then casting any spell you want to go through, cheating the highest card you have over the top card, and then stoning into a card that you know doesn't suck.) So, generic as it sounds, I'd go for X4SPA and alyce at 25SS.

35SS on the other hand - the bracket my shop usually plays at. I'd start by adding a canine remains - purley so that either it can die, or levi can die, depending on the speed of the game. To subseuqently turn it's corpse into a waif/turn Levi's corpse into a waif. Then keep a minimum of 5-6SS, leeavinngg.. about 7-8 stones worth of creativity :P

Urgh, I have Bad Juju in my Zoraida crew and I have to say, I'm not a fan. He's just over-costed for a slooooow, no-melee-expert, only-hard-to-wound-1 model; that costs you an extra 2 soul stones to use his "special ability". I'd much rather take the Hooded Rider... when it comes out. ;)

I was thinking of running this at 35SS

Lev +4 SS cache

Alyce -8ss

3 Steampuck As 9ss

2 Necropunks 6ss

Hooded Rider 8ss

for 30ss i take out one of the Steampunk As

I am liking the Necropunks for the leaping VP grabing goodness. And the hooded rider looks like he could be awesome in a fight, and he not to pricy for any extra combat unit and he will leave alt of scrap tokens to use once dead.

Just ideas. not sure how it would run, of couse i Would also have to get the waifs and the DE and some more SA.

what do u thinks?

I've been mulling over a levi list with Crooked Men. If they have blessings on them they can insta paralyze anyone they hit, which is pretty nice...and for only 4 points they arent a bad deal I don't think! they also provide a little board control with Shafted. This list would suffer a bit with recon but otherwise seems decent I think:

30ss

Levi

Alyce: 8ss

Crooked Men x2: 8ss

SPA's x4: 12ss

Cache: 2ss

Working on a list for 35SS tourney.

Right now I have

Levi

Alyce

4 Abominations

Canine Remains

This leaves 13 SS

I was wanting to take Killjoy or a Steamborg, this leaves only 2-3 SS though. I can't figure out what to put in with the remaining 13. Perhaps cut an abom for the SS, but I like the insurance 4.

Bette Noir maybe, haven't played her in this crew yet.

Also how is the Steamborg with Levi? I like that I could reactivate him in a pinch.