how to use leviticus??????????

mattausten86

In all honesty, I don't think you want to kill the man every turn. I see it as much more situational and to put it bluntly, why kill him when you can get the enemy to do it for you?

Levies last spell, Unnatural Wasting is insanely dangerous and his dual focused pretty much assures you will have the needed suites for it. I've 2 shotted a great many things with taht spell or using that first then using Necrotic Unmaking or Entropic Transformation to finish the target off. PITA models like Masters generally get Entropic if I can drop them to 2 wounds left (I love the look on the persons face when they still have 4 SS left and there is nothing they can do to save their master).

This guy is a walking cannon and model factory. His ability to create more SPA is very situational and honestly, I generally don't bother with it. I have used the Scavenger (all) action when I have nothing else to do to get a scrap counter but generally what you see is what you get with him. The triggers to make more SPA are cool, but they are hard to pull off because most people aren't going to let the Desolation Engine or a SPA near them if they can help it. Focusing on that, honestly, is a waste of his potential power. Its basically Iceing on his insane dirrect damage cake (even though he doesn't do actuall damage =D).

I like the idea of Blessings of Desolation on Bete, I planned on trying this myself when I got the chance since I think she will work great with the old man.

Also n0signal makes a huge point about the lack of counter drops when Levy is dead. Unless the enemy has the right types, this is going to throw a huge monkey into your wrench (or wrench into your monkey, whatever you prefer ;D). This is why I only kill him when its benifical to me that he dies (which is when my hand is so low that I have nothing good in it any more and I need a fresh hand now). Otherwise, a 2nd waif comes along rather quickly if you just gun something to death. Not like it takes much for him to drop a living model from full wounds to 0 ;D.

Traditionally I just use Levi's corpse from turn one on turn two. All I need from there on is SPAs.

But Leveticus would drop his corpse token when he's killed; if he's killed then he's not "in play", so he wouldn't drop a corpse token.

You see what I mean? Unless there are other Graverobbers on the board then you won't be able to recycle Leve's corpse. :P

Karn, I'd have thought that went without saying. I only really aim for him to die if I don't like my hand. That said - more often than not it's been beneficial.

Furthermore - that whole not having a graverobber on the board thing just feels clunky. I also highly doubt they designed that rule to make levi harder to play :P

Karn, I'd have thought that went without saying. I only really aim for him to die if I don't like my hand. That said - more often than not it's been beneficial.

Well it seemed to be missing from the conversation so ha! I added it.:tongue2:

The whole lack of graverobber models in his list besides him seems very very much intentional, even before Bugking said it was. It makes sense, otherwise its really kinda cheesy to kill yourself for the corpse so easily to gain the 2nd waif right off the bat. It's not really that clunky at all, if he is alive, yay corpse tokens! If he isn't, booo no corpse tokens. (All that baring there isn't an enemy on the board with Graverobber).

I love his complexity, it makes him feel even more special ;D.

:leveticus:You_Rock_

Edited by karn987

I have no idea what you could be talking about. LOL

I was wondering when you might poke your head in here Iso.

I prefer to let people find things out for themselves (No one has yet to post the Nicodem army I designed either, a REALLY powerful one, I'm curious how long until someone comes up with it.).

I have been reading this thread though. I don't post a lot but I keep tabs on everything. The discussion here is very good though, people are starting to get a hang of the old man...

Strange thing is that there is very little discussion with the Resurectionsts even though according to one poll there are a fair amount of people playing them.

Is this because people don't have any insight? Maybe because they have figured things out and are just playing them? I dunno yet.

I'll be moving from proxying Levi, to actually owning a Crew of his after Xmas. :) I'm planning on running Alyce + Punk Zombies for 25SS "attack" crew (for stuff like Assassinate and Slaughter) and Alyce + Necropunks as my "board control" crew (for Reconnoiter, Treasure Hunt). For Claim Jump, would have to probably get Leve stuck in more and play the attrition game, unfortunately Abominations are insignificant. ;)

Do the Necropunks work well with Levi? They fit his theme pretty well (blending of undead and mechanika) and their Cb :crows trigger compliments him as always. They seem a bit weak on paper tho, which is why I was thinking of them more for mobility than fisticuffs.

I've only proxied with Punk Zombies so far, using Mechanithrall models. LOL.

Eh Necropunks aren't bad, but you get what you pay for. They are only 3 ss a piece so you don't really get something with much power, the trigger helps and they have a respectable def and cb. They are insanely quick though and that's great for board control.

Really anything works well with Levy as long as you have Rusty alice since he doesn't do to much for his army besides provide a trigger. Otherwise he is a walking cannon who you don't really need a mega beatstick minion to kill things. Levy can gun down just about anything in the game in 1 rnd and leave the enemy next to no chance at surviving it. All you have to do is bring them down to that sweat spot of 2 Wd and Levy can just insta kill them without any resistance.

All that being said, I think you have a rather good spread of men but honestly I prefer to use his Steampunk Abominations for the kill scenarios because 4 of them can hop skip and jump a Desolation Engine into the enemy very very quickly (generally first turn if they are moving quick, 2nd if the enemy is slow or hanging back) either way its huge. That thing blitzing the enemy is just plain deadly, and if you use Levy last that turn, you can Death's Lessons to make sure you have a great card for init right on the top of your deck so you get to go first next rnd and continue the face eating.

The Punk Zombies are nice and their built in crow + levy's trigger spell makes it so they always get either that or Rot off. But I still love the crazy blitzing speed of the Abominations + desolation summon to trick.

also @ n0signal, what happened to your old avatar! Your wasting away in front of our eyes man! =P

You say that Abominations are fast, but they're Hobbled, so they seem hella-slow to me; what am I missing? Other than that, good post, thanks. :D I'll probably still pick up the Necropunks then, as you say they're good for board control, plus I think they fit well thematically with Leveticus. That's what bothers me about the Punk Zombies tho, they just seem a bit out of place; I'm happy proxying with Mechanithralls at the moment, but in the long run I think I'll find some suitable proxies that are more necro-mechanikal than Wyrd's punks.

LOL. Soon I'll just be a skeleton!! :o

I really liked the artwork from http://bad-things-happen.com/ even tho nothing seems to be happening there!?

Keep Pace is how! Its like magic! But not >.>.

You can group them up so all 4 (the number you need to make a Desolation Engine) are in base to base with 2 of their number. So you have model a b c d and a and b are the 2 in b2b with all of them. Model a goes first, moving 4" and you push all the rest so you line them up front of him. Then you do model c who takes model a with him and then model d who takes model b with him and puts b in b2b with all 4 again and infront. Model b then moves and you do Concentrated Deformation and place the Desolation engine at the very edge of the summon to 6" and now you have that beast to activate! Sure it has slow, but its suddenly about 18" up field.

For added evil and for a 1 turn alpha strike, have rusty Alice do Burn Out on one of the Abominations. Don't use the Reactivate right away and follow the same pattern as above. Except! Now your Desolation Engine has Reactive *grins evilly*. Thoughhhhh afterwards it goes to 1 wd >.> but by then there may be nothing left of the enemy!

• 5 months later...

Hello,

Looking at starting a Levi crew and have yet to see him in action. I have a sort of simple question.

Is the only way to summon a Waif through 'Entropic Transformation'? Am I missing something or is that it? If so it seems like it would be difficult to reliably start letting him die on the first and second turns.

Thanks for any help.

I just used Leviticus for the first time last night - it was a 3-way with a claim jump for the strategy.

In short, it was a one sided slaughter. Both opponents did nothing to each other throughout the game, while Levi was an engine of apocalyptic destruction.

The 25SS list was;

Leviticus

Rusty Alyce

Bete Noir

Necropunk

Necropunk

Canine Remains

He was facing Ramos with Joss and lots of Spiders, and Rasputina with a gamlin, ice golem and sabretooth.

Turn 1, The crew advances, Rusty Alyce kills the canine remains with her pistol and leviticus summons his 2nd hollow waif out of it. A sabretooth cerebrus that I hadn't noticed charges into Levi and kills him, but Bete Noir replaces him. The Sabretooth doesn't manage to kill bete and gets paralysed in return, then killed in turn 2.

End of turn, Leviticus is summoned back to a waif and is positioned within range of Ramos and Joss.

Turn 2:

Leviticus kills Joss and turns him into a steampunk abomination. Ramos takes some damage too but he's now in combat with a SPA.

I then realise that Levi still has 2-3 wounds and won't die at the end of turn - whoops! Fortunately, Rusty Alyce solves the conundrum with a timely Clockwork seeker strike at Leviticus, killing him.

End of turn, and Leviticus is summoned back up again, this time in range of Ramos's cluster of Spiders.

Turn 3:

Leviticus activates and turns 3 spiders into steampunk abominations. All three later die to the last two spiders detonating but it doesn't matter - the damage was well and truely done. The SPA in combat with Ramos finally finishes him off, and the Necropunks start throwing themselves at the ice golem in an attempt to keep it from blasting my crew. Rusty Alyce headshots the Ice Gamlin and both necropunks die to the ice golem and Rasputina.

End of turn, Levi dies and is summoned to within killing-range of the ice golem. At this point there's an Ice golem, Rasputina and an essense of power left alive.

Turn 3:

Leviticus kills the ice golem with a pile of his spells and turns it into a SPA. Rasputina does something, but I forgot what it was.

Turn 4: Bete Noir and the SPA tag-team Rasputina, paralysing her with severe spine and killing the totem. At this point my last opponent concedes.

I thought Pandora was pretty nasty, but this was the single most one sided, brutal game I've ever played. Maybe it wasn't helped by my opponents inexperience but Levi was never in danger of dieing permanently, and he was quite capable of utterly destroying whatever my opponents threw at him.

The hollow waifs are obviously a weak point but I discovered that they didn't need to stay anywhere near as close to Levi (and thus - danger) as I thought they'd need to be. I also found that they were excellent for repositioning Levi to wherever he needed to be next turn. And so long as they were sitting behind a building, they were pretty safe from retaliation (especially with Levi consistently popping whoever was foolish enough to get close).

And unless I was doing it wrong, summoning that all-important 2nd hollow-waif was not hard at all. All you need is a canine remains to either kill, or simply sit there and let Levi's corpse drop for a hollow waif summon next turn.

I don't think SPAs are really necessary to take. I found them to be a good distraction when they summoned out of my opponent's corpses but otherwise, the damage output with Levi, Alyce and possibly Bete Noir is more than enough. If anything, the threat of the SPAs transforming into a desolation engine serves well enough as a distraction.

Maybe my tune will change when I actually try to pull out a Desolation engine but at this point, they just don't seem necessary beyond being used for random summoning.

I'm going back to using Zoraida for now (probably more fun for my opponents), but damn...Leviticus is just brutal.

Edited by Rathnard

I then realise that Levi still has 2-3 wounds and won't die at the end of turn - whoops! Fortunately, Rusty Alyce solves the conundrum with a timely Clockwork seeker strike at Leveticus, killing him.
You can't declare your own master as a target for a Strike; right? (p.54) :o

Other than that, fun stuff.

I think they actually errata'ed that (p4: Declare Target, then Check Range). I don't have the rulebook on me right now so I could be wrong.

Oh wow, that just opens up really messed up tactics with Leveticus. As if he already had problems dying. :o

I didn't even look at the errata for the rules haha! Just the individual abilities of the characters.