n0signal's "Bacon and 'Shine" Painting Blog

n0signal

Lol. Keep 'em coming!! ^_^

The bases are epoxy glue with half greenstuff balls squished in; they look a bit flat in the photos, there's a bit more "bumpiness" to them IRL. It's meant to be slimy swamp mud type stuff - should probably have done it brown, but I wanted a contrast with the pigs flesh and the Gremlins coats/hats.

Hog Whisperer is up next, since he is similarly squelching in the stuff.

The rest of Jones's Crew are on Dark Age swamp base inserts. ;)

Here's "Bubba" the Hog Whisperer. I'll name all their bases eventually - don't fancy freehand tho so I'm gonna try and get some "bleeding cowboy" style name stickers printed off at some point. When I have some Dullcote to seal them properly (stupid UK seems to be dry of the stuff!!).

whisperer.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd update with my now finished Pig Crew - Som'er Teeth Jones, Hog Whisperer, Warpig, Piglet x4... now all I need is a couple of Skeeters and it'll be quite a viable force on it's own; without the Gremlins. Anyhoo... (please excuse the dodgy lighting, I just couldn't get the glare down, even tho I've dullcote'd them!)

Som'er Teeth Jones:

teethfront.jpg

teethback.jpg

Warpig:

warpigone.jpg

Aided by his pigs, Jones manages to snaffle a pile of Soul Stones, thought lost in the Bayou:

sceneone.jpg

Meanwhile, the Hog Whisper desperately tries to stop his piglets from staring at the Mysterious Effigy... there's something just not right about it!?

scenetwo.jpg