Disaster!! Well, not really...

Repeter

Maybe I am overstating it to call this a disaster, but I do have a number of demo dates coming up, plus a tourney next month, so I am unsure what to do at this point...

I came home the other day to find that my cat had hacked a hairball and all the accompianing goo all over my stat cards! The pile of cards was uncovered and a bit staggered, so the damn feline managed to get every single card from all four of my crews. When I found it, it had already dried. I tried prying them apart, but that wasn't happening. I tried soaking them and that didn't work either. I am now left with twenty unreadable and rather gross stat cards for my crews.

Aside from launching my cat to the moon with my bare hands so it NEVER, EVER goes near my cards again, what can I do about this? I PM'd Nathan, but I didn't get a response (we all know how busy that man is). I'm sure he has about a zillion better things to do.

Does anyone know if/when cards will be sold seperately? Anyone have access to a scanner? Help!!!!

So THAT'S why you didn't make it this past Saturday.

Cat barf... Ewwwwww.

Nah, a little yak wouldn't stop me. Work, however, had other ideas. I did get a game in with Fool though (I'll be picking up my gravestone soon). His Perdita crew got the best of my McMourning, but I bet he's glad I forgot to use Organ Donor. Ah, good times.

@Nathan--I'll email you pronto. In the meantime, I've made some very bland stand-ins.

@Breten--I may have to hit you up if Nathan ignores me...:violin:

Do get permission to do that please. IP and all that.

Fair use would most likely side on the purchaser of the copyrighted material. Especially if only copying statistics or "Cards".

Question: Is all copying piracy? Answer: No. Copyright gives the owner exclusive rights to reproduce, adapt, publicly distribute, perform and display their work. Nonetheless, the law allows "fair use" of copyrighted material. Fair use permits, in certain circumstances, the use or copying of all or a portion of a copyrighted work without the permission of the owner. Copyrighted works may be used for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research. To decide whether a use is "fair use" or not, courts consider, in part:

(1) the purpose and character of the use (including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes);

(2) the nature of the copyrighted work (giving creative works more protection than factual works);

(3) the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole (including size and quality- i.e. Does the portion represent the "heart" of the work); and

(4) the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

Courts balance these factors, placing an emphasis on the fourth, however rulings have been unpredictable. Parody may be protected by fair use where the user is actually making a comment on or criticism of the copyrighted material, even if a profit is made from the use. Still, distributing copyrighted software will rarely be fair use because people will use those copies instead of buying the software from the legitimate vendor.

Pictures of cat, barf and destroyed cards ... :D

And make sure you get the Cat Moonshot filmed, history in the making! See, cats are smart and clever, you could show the cards to a dog and say "No! Bad!" and it would look guilty. Cat just looks at you!

That said, you could show the dog undamaged cards and say "No! Bad!" and it'd look guilty. Still we all have to get our kicks somewhere i suppose? :lol:

(No dogs were harmed in the writing of this post, the cat was totally frakked!)

And hey, could have been worse, if it was a Hoarcat, it would have eaten the crews, too!