Disapointment

katadder

well my order arrived today and I was looking forward to reading through Malifaux, but nope, it wasnt in it as the store I ordered from was out of stock :(

all that build up only to be sad for the weekend and no prior communication from the vendor.

oh well ,now to wait for it to be in stock, just random post here to let people know of my sadness :cussing::doh::damnit:

Darn, sorry to hear it, we've been sending out boxes of books all the time, but even still it seems that people are selling out of them fast. Luckily we have lots more boxes of books and are restocking people as fast as they are ordered, but obviously stores are getting cleared out before restock orders arrive. I hope you don't have to wait long for the book, we like getting it into as many peoples hands as possible!

I'm also waiting for my rulebook, being forced to have patience sucks. I thought about ordering it online, but I really wanted to show support at the LGS. So now I have to wait for fate to feed a book through the distributers and eventually to me.

But hey, at least you've got minis to start on.

But hey, at least you've got minis to start on.

not for malifaux though, those were in a later order (once i got paid) and still waiting for them. the rest of the order was for some hordes stuff and a succubus model from freebooter which is very nice (bottom of the page): http://www.wargamesworkshop.co.uk/ProductList.aspx?CatID=5&DivID=117&GrpID=588

Hopefully Wyrd can up the ante and get with a larger distributor soon. Like Alliance for instance. Don't get me wrong, I like Warpath and Efigures. They seem like good folks, but these company's are really small (Efigures is just 1 guy I think). Small distributor=small stocks). I hope that with the new-found interest in Malifaux that soon LGS' can get the product to sell. My LGS for instance, today found out that the order he placed from Warpath on Monday didn't get filled (shipped) because they ran out of stock (IE, Warpath didn't update their totals by the time he ordered). He started an account with Efigures, but they had like, 5items in stock with number's so low that by the time he placed an order the items would more than likely be gone (he was going to try anyways, I for one asked him to order me a second box, just to try to fill the order). He (the LGS owner) is cool with us(the players) getting product direct from Wyrd, but I still prefer to give him the money and not pay shipping. He will then stock in store when Wyrd does a larger re-stock. Shipping BTW seems a tad slow. I placed an order on Monday direct from Wyrd and have not seen it as of yet. I live on the East coast (Maine to be exact) the package was coming from Georgia. It normally doesn't take 4+ days to go from there to here. Hell, I have seen stuff from California make it to Maine in 3 (non-priority). So I'm a little disapointed too, that is the name of the thread...

I believe that distribution will pick up now that stores are having more demand for the product.

I also think that the issue was due to distributors being wary of a new miniature game. If I remember correctly, a lot of stores as well as distributors have been tentative about ordering new product not knowing it would be huge sellers. Now that hurdle has been crossed, I'd lay odds at seeing more and more being picked up by all distros. :D

well from what Nathan posted distribution of the models isnt an issue they actually ran out of models.

This might not be the case for the book but I have been waiting for my LGS to get them for two weeks as well since the original order they got.

Are the books coming from Europe? because they said the models are which i found odd.

Books, Fate Decks and miniatures are shipped from the US out of GA to distributors. Where they go from there I couldn't tell you and if anyone is having trouble getting the book I'm a bit surprised, particularly as we're sending them out by the box loads. We may have a European look and name but I can guarantee its all US based and shipped.

We'll have a full restock of all the miniatures within two weeks, much of it before then as they are being cast in groups and forwarded, some of them being overnighted (for instance, Warpigs come back in stock in the morning, which puts us back in business for all the Gremlin box sets as well as that was the only thing missing to complete that).

I can't control what a distributor does, I can only fill the orders and they seem to be selling them just as fast if not faster. As for larger distributors, you can only ask, as I personally do not rap on the door and say 'please, carry our product .. please'. Sorry, we've never peddled our wares in that manner and won't start now. If someone wants our product we are more than happy to work with them and generally do everything we can to make it a good experience.

If anyone is upset about the speed of things going out from Wyrd HQ here I can only apologize. We've been hit by the flu rather badly, and still working through that as well as an insane amount of orders - we can only move so fast though we are bringing in additional people to work with packaging and shipping, but that takes time as well to get them setup, trained and have someone oversee everything for a bit to make certain things are being done up to standard.

We've been a full speed since the first of August, and haven't slowed down. That's great, and we're naturally very pleased, but its a growing hoop we're having to jump through and appreciate the interest and enthusiasm that has been show for Wyrd and Malifaux.

Edited by Nathan Caroland

My 18 month old has the Swine Flu. Got over it just fine. It's a nasty version of the flu for certain but it isn't a death sentence by any means.

That is a bit better to hear than what the news says. I am a bit of a hypochondriac as well as the father of 3 school age sons, so I am a bit nervous about the whole thing.

Sorry about all the swine flu stuff.

To be honest though, this is all teething stuff for Malifaux. My order will show up soon soon but in the meantime I'm just thrilled at the response that the game has had. I follow a lot of games and I haven't seen one this creative in, well, maybe ever really. I'm a gamer who gets so excited about a game coming out that the anticipation is almost painful - and each day now I'm checking my mailbox hoping, so I feel your pain that your rulebook didn't come. All I can say is that in a week or two you'll have forgotten about all the delays and you'll be enjoying the game all the more for all the extra players out there. Viva Wyrd!

I got my book. It's awesome. Once my models come in my friends and I are starting our first weekly game in CO.

I hope they use good business sense. Expand when the market is ready for them. They seem like nice guys. I want this game to succeed.

Baby Kade needs his Teddy Dammit (lol)!!!!!

Plus folks need to remember, the economy is pretty tough all over. Distributors may have cut back on estimates not only because it was a brand new game but also because they couldn't risk as much at the moment. We may all assume we know what's going on in other peoples' businesses, but sometimes we really don't. Remember, at first no one thought some silly card game named Magic would ever be a hit. ;)

Plus folks need to remember, the economy is pretty tough all over. Distributors may have cut back on estimates not only because it was a brand new game but also because they couldn't risk as much at the moment. We may all assume we know what's going on in other peoples' businesses, but sometimes we really don't. Remember, at first no one thought some silly card game named Magic would ever be a hit. ;)

What's this Magic thing you speak of?

(So says the individual with a constructed rating of almost 1800. :) )

We'll have a full restock of all the miniatures within two weeks, much of it before then as they are being cast in groups and forwarded, some of them being overnighted (for instance, Warpigs come back in stock in the morning, which puts us back in business for all the Gremlin box sets as well as that was the only thing missing to complete that).

We've been a full speed since the first of August, and haven't slowed down. That's great, and we're naturally very pleased, but its a growing hoop we're having to jump through and appreciate the interest and enthusiasm that has been show for Wyrd and Malifaux.

Ooh, does that mean gremlins box sets will be back online on Monday??

:You_Rock_

I got a quote for the warstore to ship the book and two packs of cards to Sydney, Australia - Priority Mail: $34.39 Express Mail: $39.56

Here on the store - $10.

In the end it actually turned out about $2 cheaper getting from a online store based in Australia.

This is not the first time that I have found the Warstore to be making money from the shipping for internation orders. Please note that this was a quote that someone did from there not just the shopping cart - so they could have done a better/more correct shipping rate.

Lord Abaddon of Wormwood

Edited by Lord Abaddon of Wormwood

That's wierd, for the US the War Store charges pretty much the shipping that they pay.

Also, if your stores are looking for an easy distributor for the mini's, I know the War Store does a distribution program for brick and mortar stores which is as competitive or cheaper then some of the other big distributors and, once they get the stock settled in, always have stock of stuff :)