UK Players

John Paul

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it about the UK postal system that sets them on strike all the time?

My guess would be money, tho I am not very well informed in the case.

The Royal Mail site for the strike, in case you're (or any one else is) interested in the details:

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=99700760&mediaId=99700760&campaignid=serviceupdate_redirect

Funny thing is, that 60% of the RM Employees voted AGAINST the strike but it happened anyway. Sweet democracy....

Its caused by PMT (post master tention.) :P:

Basicaly RM is loseing money so needs to Modernise (read sack people to save cash) the union and employies agreed to it a while back and are now haveing a hissy fit over when its going to happen.... Hell im in leeds so soon will have the bin men on strike the postys and the firebregade will be steched thin as just south of us they will be stikeing.

Hooray, my rulebook has arrived! :thcow2:

And hopefully my seamus box is in the store now so i can pick it up next week.

Beware UK, I'm on my way. :D

Edit:

No Seamus, but I bought Nicodem to start with... Redchappel shall be mine next week.

Edited by Talishko

Well we have cleared about 30 starters in the last two weeks, with only three of them to painters. So we should have a pretty good community up and running in manchester fairly soon. So if your in manchester, drop in for a game.

Sounds like a plan.

you got any stock in?

• 6 months later...

The majority won't touch it...'fantasy?!?! *shudder*...get thee hence foul harlot!..

There's three or four of us that might pick it up. We've had a couple of games, and i'm getting a crew together. It's the way thing's work here...someone finds a new thing, puts a couple of forces together and puts it on to see if anyone will bite...

Trouble is, in our clique, we've got a few projects on the go as it is and Malifaux is competing with a few new developments...

I'm hoping though as Malifaux is very interesting...

No one in the North East. Newcastle, Durham, Mackemland etc? Or on occasion i`m in Edinburgh (my hometown). Always looking for a game

There's a few of us in the Durham/ Sunderland area just started started playing Malifaux.

We typically play at the University of Sunderland Games club as alumni

It's building up momentum here in London.

Dark Sphere games (by Waterloo station) are starting to carry the line. They have the rulebook and plenty of starter boxes, and are happy to order stuff in.

Also Talishko (Ish) is doing a great job of spreading the word at the Cross Gaming Club which meets every Tuesday by London Bridge. He has organised an intro night this coming week so hopefully we'll get some new recruits from that. Anyone in the area with an interest should come down!

Malifaux is starting to take off in my local club Cranfield Conquerors, and I know that there are some players down the road in Bedford.

Ran demos yesterday at UK Games Expo in Birmingham (well Omadon ran most of them) and there was lots of interest, including 2 local guys playing in one of the side rooms on the Sunday.

Hopefully we'll have demos at other shows during the year (Bovingdon, Colours & Warfare).

i live in stanley (co. durham). me and my bro both play. we can both drive as well as own cars, so travelling in the local area isnt such a problem.

i cant speak for my bro but i wouldnt mind meeting other people who are into miniatures gaming and getting a few games in. I do work awkward shifts at work, but if anyone fancies a game some time just send me a pm.