Any news on a release date?

Atvar

I believe Nathan said that it would be released "when it's ready".

Seriously.

I know that several people are hard at work on the rules and there are a few of us working on the fiction aspects, so it is progressing. That being said, I'm pretty sure Nathan would prefer to release a product that's been through the sifter several times to make sure it's truly ready instead of releasing something that's half-cooked.

I believe Nathan said that it would be released "when it's ready".

Seriously.

I know that several people are hard at work on the rules and there are a few of us working on the fiction aspects, so it is progressing. That being said, I'm pretty sure Nathan would prefer to release a product that's been through the sifter several times to make sure it's truly ready instead of releasing something that's half-cooked.

That's excellent but I would really like a sneak peek into the mechanics of the system, something, anything!

Keep in mind the fate of Hell Dorado and all those who play their cards too close to their chest!

Seriously. I got the figs, love 'em, but if I am going to spread the word and enlighten my local group of gamers first, painters second, I gotta start rolling soem dice with these figs.

Let's get together and make a little lemonade. I don't know that a small .pdf file would harm the process. It would make on Canadian happy! And you know what they say, if you can change the life of just ONE person.....

....see Hinton, it's stuff like that that pisses me off! Now I want to know more! Let's get this going! I want a game, so I can win. If I win at a game I will be a more valuable person and without friggin' rules I am just left to declare myself the winner without anyway to actually verify it. It's BS man!

C'mon guys.... As I mentioned in my order for figs, "Who do I have to rape to get some playtest rules?".

dice?? what are those then???

I echo what has been said here that the wok behind the scenes is contining as fast as it can and the end i getting nearer everyday but no short cuts are being taken and the product will be worth any waits.. A lotha been put into it so far to spoil anything by rushing at the same time I cn understand your eageness to get gaming with the models .... I'm sure Nathan or Eric will answer whenever they get a minute but the only thing I can say it's it's all full tilt at the moment.

dice?? what are those then???

I echo what has been said here that the wok behind the scenes is contining as fast as it can and the end i getting nearer everyday but no short cuts are being taken and the product will be worth any waits.. A lotha been put into it so far to spoil anything by rushing at the same time I cn understand your eageness to get gaming with the models .... I'm sure Nathan or Eric will answer whenever they get a minute but the only thing I can say it's it's all full tilt at the moment.

Unnacceptable. You're asking for patience where there is none. The well worth the wait thingy didn't work when my wife wanted to get married and it won't help you here either kids.

I need a peek behind the curtain. Let me in, or I'll friggin' huff and puff and blow your house in!

Biggest peak you'll get is watching the youtube videos which are around here somewhere which gives you an 'idea' of the game play though it has been vamped up in a serious way since then. Also the Wyrd Chronicles, issue one and two ... and yes, we are working on three, just its had to take back seat due to work on the game (only so many hands and so much money ..).

Game is diceless, all cards. Wanted something different and we think we've come up with something that will be fun and useable. Alpha/Beta testers are tearing it up and doing a good job of giving input on it and as of a conversation last night, I know that additional beta testers will be added here shortly (next couple of weeks after a few updates/releases for the crews).

Release time we are shooting, heavily, for a GenCon release date but in the end, if everything doesn't line up in a manner to my liking then we'll get it out when we get it out. The game development and testing is moving along nicely as well as the fiction and background fleshing which has everyone going above and beyond.

Beyond that, have to wait, though I'll talk to Eric about some possible teasers, though will leave it in his hands what, if anything as that isn't 'my' area.

We certainly appreciate the interest and enthusiasm, believe me.

Well you know who's avatar to click on if you want some good hard knuckled ole' fashioned Canadian feedback. I swear I would be honest and to the point in my crits. It wouldn't be a matter of "wow, that was great and to the point" as much as "-sniffle- He's right -sniffle- I was a fool to think that would work!".

I await your eMail with typical patience and stoicism (none of either).

GAH! But don't you like Lovecraft?!?!?;)

Cool. I am just impatient is all. We got the mini's at the LGS now but a shiny set of rules to use them with would really help cement a foothold with our painting population.

Where are you from in Canada, and why the hell isn't it in your sig!?!? Where's you pride man!

At least there'll be SOME valuable input into the game! Well done guys.

Sadly rules take a long time and a lot of work. I mean, I haven't even yelled at everyone yet on the Beta forums, just most people. Gotta keep those people in line. :P

Seriously though, we're working hard and hopefully we'll get it ready for Gencon.

As for the Canada thing, hate to break it to you but I'm a newfie. Living in good old St. John's.

But I see you're from Saskatoon. A land where there is more wheat than civilization... :P

Why I oughta! How dare you sir! You're forgetting our rich Potash industry and growing Uranium mining. So not only do we have delicious bread but also delicious Uranium! Mmmmmm..... Uranium.......

The only Newfie's I've known have always played up the Newfie thingy. It's all been "Let's tank down dat bottle 'o screech wit' me best man an' get fookin' hammered!" and stuff.

Glad to see the CanCon on Mailfaux will exist. Keep the faith!

....just don't arive a half hour late to all the meetings!

You guys got screech and wheet...but WE got the BUD!! Mwahahahah :peace:Wet Coast Bay Bee lol ;)

Assuming you mean Bud bear? If so the Belgians have it now.

All this talk of hard work is bunk. We haven't done a bloody thing in AGES! (It's 2:30am local and I am just wrapping up my Mal work for the day. 6am is going to come EARLY!)

• 2 months later...

I would love to pick this up at Gencon as I picked up the Justice and Judges boxset last year. Love the minis, want to love the game. But not much to go on yet. Are you guys still looking for playtesters? Maybe I can get my guys jazzed up about something as Warmachine Mark II has put a damper on our gaming nights.

• 2 weeks later...

Gen Con is looking more and more like a realistic release date. And there should be plenty of Malifaux events for you to dive into the rules. In fact, there should be some games every night except Sunday night. Stay tuned for specifics.

....see Hinton, it's stuff like that that pisses me off! Now I want to know more! Let's get this going! I want a game, so I can win. If I win at a game I will be a more valuable person and without friggin' rules I am just left to declare myself the winner without anyway to actually verify it. It's BS man!

C'mon guys.... As I mentioned in my order for figs, "Who do I have to rape to get some playtest rules?".

Come out to Calgary. We've got a few Beta Testers here.