If you had to pick one song above all the rest...

If you had to pick one song above all the rest that is your all time personal favorite which would it be?

For me it's Dave Brubeck's Unsquare Dance. 7/8 time? This song is rediculous! Easily my all time favorite SONG. (I love a lot of other music but this is the top for a song)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFqoPfP1KHc]YouTube - Dave Brubeck - Unsquare Dance[/ame]

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cant remember the namde of it but back in 95' a song came out where a man reads a graduation speech about visiting new york, but dont stay or it will scar you. he also ended it with always wear suntan lotion. it was all set to some melodic background music that just jived with me so much back then, but i for the life of me have only heard it two or three tiems since. anyone got the name of the song.

my google fu is weak.

i cant remember the namde of it but back in 95' a song came out where a man reads a graduation speech about visiting new york, but dont stay or it will scar you. he also ended it with always wear suntan lotion. it was all set to some melodic background music that just jived with me so much back then, but i for the life of me have only heard it two or three tiems since. anyone got the name of the song.

my google fu is weak.

Here's for you Uber: :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTJ7AzBIJoI]Everybody's Free to Wear Sunscreen[/ame]

;)

(Strong with the Google, I am)

Edited by Duende

This one will always be a favorite of mine:

Has a lot of sentimental value for me.

Yeah; I can relate to that.

@Uber: it's actually an essay written by Mary Schmich (not Kurt Vonnegut, as many seem to think). It's really cool.

As for the topic at hand: I've never been able to pick just song/book/movie/whatever above any others. My tastes and interests are so varied and change from day-to-day (depending on my mood) that it's hard to pin anything down and say "Yep, that's the one."

I felt much the same way Hinton.

However ever since I heard Unsquare Dance it's a song I go back to over and over. There are others but this song that really doesn't try to say anything but simply is for it's own sake really resonates with me. I have other passing favorites but there are a few that I always return to. Of them I like this one the best.

Yeah; I can relate to that.

@Uber: it's actually an essay written by Mary Schmich (not Kurt Vonnegut, as many seem to think). It's really cool.

As for the topic at hand: I've never been able to pick just song/book/movie/whatever above any others. My tastes and interests are so varied and change from day-to-day (depending on my mood) that it's hard to pin anything down and say "Yep, that's the one."

I hear that. I picked Rodeo simply because it speaks to me on many different levels and never fails to pick up my spirits if they're down, or keep them flying when they're up.

I think it's great that so many people have that one song that always "speaks" to them, no matter what.

My problem is that there could be one song that I absolutely love (such as "Road to Nowhere" by Talking Heads) one day and the next I can't stand to hear it. Don't know why things change so radically for me; just always have. Guess if I thought about it enough, I might be able to come up with something.

Well, as suggested by my sig, Sole's 'Da Baddest Poet'. The whole album 'Selling Live Water' is 100% uber-awesome: politics, spitting and a planet-sized load of spirit! Not to be confused with the horrendous Sole with an accent over the 'e'!

I've always been with Hinton's not having definite and consistent favourites thing and I thought this album was just pretty good at first, but unlike most of my ex-top albums, this one actually gets better every time I hear it, to the point that it's just totally obviously head and shoulders above everything else.

When I was flagging in my IP painting session at the end (after about 20 hours straight through and before I got my second wind) - I put this on ... BOOM!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jmgU1PFBB4]YouTube - Sole - Da Baddest Poet[/ame]

my google fu is weak.

After a quick Google and youtube search I'm guessing you mean this - [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTJ7AzBIJoI]YouTube - Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)[/ame]

I vaguely remember it from (quite) a few years back... it's pretty cool actually :)

Almost impossible to pick ONE song that stands out from all others, but from the top of my head one song that always remains special to me and gives me pleasant shivers down my spine when I hear it is 100 YEARS by The Cure. They don't have a music video to that song, but I managed to find a decent live recording (from British TV) of it...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy22YrRCWww]YouTube - The Cure - 100 years (Live)[/ame]

Hehe ... Ritual's choices always remind me of my bad old days - boy I used to be DARK.... I can't listen to any of that music now - it just evokes those years too much - but the earlier Cure albums were second only to the Sisters of Mercy for me (with a hefty amount of Bauhaus thrown in)....

I was some sexy Goth though - never looked better since or before....:(

I could say that I can agree sympathize about loving a song one day and then hating it the next, but it's usually because I played the song to death the first day.

That being said, Alice in Chains is my all-time favorite band, and this is their overall best song in my opinion. I've always liked rock music primarily (with lots of other styles as well, probably classical after rock), and I've played guitar for about 15 years. I used to listen to much more guitar-oriented rock music when I first started playing, but then started singing with it and started leaning towards Alice in Chains because they had the great mix of instrumental and vocal harmony.

This song's video was made for the "Singles" movie.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3FnQMSD4Zg]YouTube - Alice in Chains - Would[/ame]

Edited by thetang22

I really like Alice in Chains Tang. Good stuff.

Of course my music preference is all over the map (And world for that matter)

I'm currently listening to:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niiHksX9qr8]YouTube - The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble - Mephistopheles[/ame]

These guys are really really good. Very dark too. It's good music to work to. :vb_devil: