Lillith diorama finished!

thetang22

Its been a VERY long week with little sleep, but I managed to get my girlfriend's birthday present ready for the weekend. Here is a link to the thread with all the work-in-process pics:

http://wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?t=4831

I'm happy with it all now that its done. I know I could have done better had I taken more time, but that wasn't a luxury I had for this. After I finished assembling and pinning all the minis, I took probably a whole day to design the diorama itself, then followed by 4 evenings of some pretty intense painting to get all the minis and the diorama painted.

I didn't make the blue light sources quite as vibrant as I planned on, but I don't mind them. I think they help tie the light blue hair into the rest of the piece. I am satisfied with how the color scheme turned out. I'm very happy with the display case, as well as the magnets holding the pieces in place.

Next up is finishing Seamus' warband, and then making him a display case as well. I'm thinking a mix between a graveyard and the tea party from Alice in Wonderland for his diorama :)

Here's the finished pics:

picture.php?albumid=18&pictureid=63

picture.php?albumid=18&pictureid=64

picture.php?albumid=18&pictureid=65

picture.php?albumid=18&pictureid=66

picture.php?albumid=18&pictureid=67

I know I've said this a number of times already, but a big thanks goes out to Nathan for helping me out with the flame base stuff - thats the kind of attention and helpfulness that you don't see from a lot of other companies...you guys are great!

• 10 months later...
I've got to say I'm very impressed on what you pulled off in such a short time. I want to say thanks for some new ideas, and I hope mine comes out half as good as your has.

No problem, and thanks! I've got another one done that I just finished in the last week or so, but I'm saving that for the Rotten Harvest, hopefully coming up soon. My new one is MUCH more fun than the others I've done so far.